What happened to England?

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
For the better part of two decades (early 60's to early 80's) the best rock & roll (and derivative) bands came from England. Sure the US had a few gems, but by and large the best stuff came from England. The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Kinks, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Eric Clapton, Yes, Genesis, The Who, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden...to name a few. But since then what have they given us? &^%$#% Coldplay?

Seriously, what happened to ass kickin British Rock?

I'll always blame Thatcher :D

But you're right, there's been a right load of old shite coming out of the British music scene for some years. But if you dig through the crap you can find some good stuff, but it's pretty bloody hard work.

I still piss my pants laughing at people who compare Oasis to The Beatles :eusa_angel:

For the better part of two decades (early 60's to early 80's) the best rock & roll (and derivative) bands came from England. Sure the US had a few gems, but by and large the best stuff came from England. The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Kinks, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Eric Clapton, Yes, Genesis, The Who, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden...to name a few. But since then what have they given us? &^%$#% Coldplay?

Beth Orton.

Rock is dead.

Arctic Monkeys are pretty good.

Most of the best stuff is coming out of Scandanavia.

Siouxie Sioux is still going strong.

Radiohead.

I heard the rock critic on NPR's Fresh Air talking about British rock and pop music. What he said is that in Britain, one-hit wonders are common whereas in America, groups are more likely to have staying power.

Why, I have no idea.

tony_blair_gesture_1.jpg

Britain's still got the best rock music... even if all the good ones are on dialysis machines.
According to rankings, Britian has never had the best rock music.

Read about who influenced many of the Brit rockers of the 50s, 60s and 70s.......Americans! Hahahaha

What happened to England?

Man, it's been going downhill since 1066.

Freaking Normans ruined the neighborhood

Forum List

Back