What happened to our Freedom?

You traded freedom for equality.

Naw.

It was you guys that did the trading.

Conservatives authored the patriot act.

That's all yours.

Yes, I know. You liberals were all upset that the government might be peeking at your library card, without you even knowing about it. But, you do not even seem upset that journalists are having their phone records and E-mails read, without them even knowing about it.

You don't seem to mind that Obamacare gives government total access to your medical records.

You don't seem to mind that the IRS and the Department of Labor are being used to target right wing groups.

But, you go right on telling us how much you value liberty.

We have lost no freedom.

Chalk that up for the most idiotic statement of the day.

If you nutters understood how strongly liberals like me value freedom, you'd stop trying to claim the concept. If people like me have anything to say about it ( and we do ) you will not lose your freedom.

You and so-called "liberals" don't value freedom. You fight to control and coerce people. You're authoritarians.

No. No we do not. Try harder.

first_stage_denial.jpg

Dear nutters,

Please demonstrate that which you are accusing me of.

I invite you to ask any question that you can think of to gauge how importantly I view freedom. Go ahead. Get creative.

If you are honest about this challenge, you will be able to fashion questions that you can also answer.....proving your reverence for freedom. Remember....simple is best.

These are the worst economic times in my lifetime....I would not describe it as a land of milk and honey.

And it never will be. Not as long as you chip away at your economic freedoms. We discard this because somehow we've convinced ourselves that equality and fairness is better than Freedom.

Because of this, women will continually be discriminated against regardless of the laws you pass. Children will never have the opportunity to work their first job. And you won't see anything which has the labels 'Made in America' again for a very, VERY long time.

Dear nutters,

I invite you to ask any question that you can think of to gauge how importantly I view freedom. Go ahead. Get creative.

If you are honest about this challenge, you will be able to fashion questions that you can also answer.....proving your reverence for freedom. Remember....simple is best.

Surely if you are for freedom then you are okay with the idea of employers being able to fire anyone, for any reason.

What can't you do anymore?

Pray out loud in a Public School. Say bang, bang, your dead in public. Wish out loud that someone should tar and feather the President... Describe scientific principles behind Creationism without being blocked by the government. The reinstating of parental concented corporeal punishment in public school (or any school for that matter).

Is that a question?

You wish to ask:

Should an employer be able to fire any worker for any reason?

I answer....if the employee has agreed to work for said employer with the understanding that he/she may be fired at any time for any reason....the answer is yes.

Next.

Come on. What s the OP's point?

We have lost no freedom. If you nutters understood how strongly liberals like me value freedom, you'd stop trying to claim the concept. If people like me have anything to say about it ( and we do ) you will not lose your freedom.

Stop it already!!!!!!!!

If you really have to ask and if you really don't know, then you really shouldn't bother asked because it's most likely a freedom you don't need or deserve.

But since you've asked, you're losing your economic freedoms bit by bit everyday.

In other words, we’ve lost no freedom.

You traded freedom for equality.

Freedom was traded for a perception of acceptance and a "feeling" of unearned equality.

Nonsense.

You’re still free to be hateful and ignorant, to keep those whom you perceive to be ‘different’ out of your private organizations and private lives.

But you never had the ‘freedom’ to codify that hate and ignorance.

Come on. What s the OP's point?

We have lost no freedom. If you nutters understood how strongly liberals like me value freedom, you'd stop trying to claim the concept. If people like me have anything to say about it ( and we do ) you will not lose your freedom.

Stop it already!!!!!!!!

If you really have to ask and if you really don't know, then you really shouldn't bother asked because it's most likely a freedom you don't need or deserve.

But since you've asked, you're losing your economic freedoms bit by bit everyday.

According to the Index of Economic Freedom, America use to be ranked 5th since the index was conducted. Now it's on the verge of losing it's number 10 spot.

If you believe you have lost no economic freedom, then you probably have tons of freedom at the expense of another. There was a term for that used often during the 19th century, but I can't place my finger on it.

According to the Index of Economic Freedom, America use to be ranked 5th since the index was conducted. Now it's on the verge of losing it's number 10 spot.

If you believe you have lost no economic freedom, then you probably have tons of freedom at the expense of another. There was a term for that used often during the 19th century, but I can't place my finger on it.
Tell us what freedoms are lost

We can't wait to hear

Dear nutters,

Are you for the reinstitution of a baccalaureate service for all graduating high school seniors wishing to attend being sponcered by the community the high school serves at large? How about a commencement prayer?

These are the worst economic times in my lifetime....I would not describe it as a land of milk and honey.

And it never will be. Not as long as you chip away at your economic freedoms. We discard this because somehow we've convinced ourselves that equality and fairness is better than Freedom.

Because of this, women will continually be discriminated against regardless of the laws you pass. Children will never have the opportunity to work their first job. And you won't see anything which has the labels 'Made in America' again for a very, VERY long time.

So now it is some undefined economic freedom. Let's hear, point by poin what freedoms have been lost

You don't know do you?

Tell us what freedoms are lost

We can't wait to hear

We've lost the right to privacy.

That's a big deal.

Forum List

Back