What happened to our Freedom?

Tell us what freedoms are lost

We can't wait to hear

The fact that I can't just up and run an African Hair Braiding salon in my own apartment should be sufficient enough proof.

When, exactly..could you do that?

And you do know that it was the wealthy, the people you so love and defend..that made sure that it would never be possible for you to do that.

Dear nutters,

Please demonstrate that which you are accusing me of.

I invite you to ask any question that you can think of to gauge how importantly I view freedom. Go ahead. Get creative.

If you are honest about this challenge, you will be able to fashion questions that you can also answer.....proving your reverence for freedom. Remember....simple is best.

Are you for the reinstitution of a baccalaureate service for all graduating high school seniors wishing to attend being sponcered by the community the high school serves at large? How about a commencement prayer?

Speak English.

You traded freedom for equality.

Freedom was traded for a perception of acceptance and a "feeling" of unearned equality.

Nonsense.

You’re still free to be hateful and ignorant, to keep those whom you perceive to be ‘different’ out of your private organizations and private lives.

But you never had the ‘freedom’ to codify that hate and ignorance.

Why are my opinons labeled hateful and ignorant by you? And yet if I called you hateful and ignorant for your view of my beliefs, I would imagine that you would call me heartless and cruel...:cuckoo: Why should your values be embraced by the government and yet my values are unconstitutional because they are religious..................................:eek:

If you really have to ask and if you really don't know, then you really shouldn't bother asked because it's most likely a freedom you don't need or deserve.

But since you've asked, you're losing your economic freedoms bit by bit everyday.

In other words, we’ve lost no freedom.

According to the Index of Economic Freedom, America use to be ranked 5th since the index was conducted. Now it's on the verge of losing it's number 10 spot.

If you believe you have lost no economic freedom, then you probably have tons of freedom at the expense of another. There was a term for that used often during the 19th century, but I can't place my finger on it.

The economic freedom of the averag American has been compromised by conservative economic policies. Let me guess.....you are not a conservative.

Dear nutters,

I invite you to ask any question that you can think of to gauge how importantly I view freedom. Go ahead. Get creative.

If you are honest about this challenge, you will be able to fashion questions that you can also answer.....proving your reverence for freedom. Remember....simple is best.

Are you for the reinstitution of a baccalaureate service for all graduating high school seniors wishing to attend being sponcered by the community the high school serves at large? How about a commencement prayer?

Speak English.

He wants state sponsored religion.

No worries..I speak Conservative.

Not well..but good enough to cut through the bullshit.

Conservatives authored this.

Conservatives and Liberals have authored plenty of bills. There is Jose Serrano who is a congressman from New York. He has authored a bill to abolishs term limits, and he introduces this bill every year. Somehow, this bill has never gotten anywhere. Why is this? Because both Liberals and Conservatives saw a bad idea for what it was: A Bad Idea.

Who authors a bill is irrelevant. If liberals or conservatives are against terrible bills, and vote to make these bills law then they have no one to blame but themselves. Blaming the author is just a sad attempt at a scapegoat.

Last edited:
The economic freedom of the averag American has been compromised by conservative economic policies. Let me guess.....you are not a conservative.

No, I'm not. Thanks for point that out, but a said attempt at shifting blame. Liberals are just as complicit in that corrode in that economic freedom.

Conservatives and Liberals have authored plenty of bills. There is Jose Serrano who is a congressman from New York. He has authored a bill to abolishs term limits, and he introduces this bill every year. Somehow, this bill has never gotten anywhere. Why is this? Because both Liberals and Conservatives saw a bad idea for what it was: A Bad Idea.

Who authors a bill is irrelevant. If liberals or conservatives are against terrible bills, and vote to make these bills law then they have no one to blame but themselves. Blaming the author is just a sad attempt at a scapegoat.

No it ain't.

And given the circumstances..where Bush bullied folks in to voting for this piece of shit legislation..

I give a little bit of "sympathy" to the spineless Democrats who went for it.

A little bit.

When, exactly..could you do that?

And you do know that it was the wealthy, the people you so love and defend..that made sure that it would never be possible for you to do that.

How? Does the wealthy control the Cosmetology board?

Your very good at shifting blame. Did you know that?

No it ain't.

And given the circumstances..where Bush bullied folks in to voting for this piece of shit legislation..

I give a little bit of "sympathy" to the spineless Democrats who went for it.

A little bit.

No one was bullied. Scared, sure. But no one actually took the time to look at what they were getting into.

You can make all the excuses you like, but no one is blameless in the passing of the Patriot Act.

Dear nutters,

Speak English.

40 years ago even 3 graders would have likely understood what a baccalaureate service was; as well as, commencement exercises. PS> The King James verson of the Bible was written in 5 grade English. Something perhaps too complex for even a graduating senior today. Do you see a purpose for teaching Latin in high school..?

Don't kid yourself, both parties wanted it, both got exactly what they wanted. If not, then howed the damn thing get extended?

Things that make you go hmmm,mmm

Pretty much. Now we have the NDAA too. For all their *supposed* differences, both major parties are quite united when it comes to rolling back liberties and increasing government powers.

Speak English.

He wants state sponsored religion.

No worries..I speak Conservative.

Not well..but good enough to cut through the %^^@#$&).

No, I want an end to the governmental acceptance/promotion of the religion of Materialistic Atheistic Helenistic Nationalistic Humanism.

What can't you do anymore?

Pray out loud in a Public School. Say bang, bang, your dead in public. Wish out loud that someone should tar and feather the President... Describe scientific principles behind Creationism without being blocked by the government. The reinstating of parental concented corporeal punishment in public school (or any school for that matter).

Ignorant nonsense.

One may pray out loud in public schools, provided it’s not sanctioned by the state; the same is true of creationism, students are free to talk about it all they wish, but it’s correctly considered religion by the courts, and may not be promoted by the state. See Edwards v. Aguillard (1987).

First Amendment jurisprudence with regard to religious expression and freedom of speech is clear and concise, there’s little not covered by the case law.

No right is absolute, including those enshrined in the First Amendment, and reasonable restrictions have been in place for several decades successfully striking a balance between government’s responsibility to ensure public safety and the rights of the individual.

Speak English.

40 years ago even 3 graders would have likely understood what a baccalaureate service was; as well as, commencement exercises. PS> The King James verson of the Bible was written in 5 grade English. Something perhaps too complex for even a graduating senior today. Do you see a purpose for teaching Latin in high school..?
So you lost the freedom to use our schools as a church....what else ya got?

Forum List

Back