What happened to our Freedom?

Speaking for your neighbors.......Your freedom ends at my nose

The smelly chemicals you use in your business are more than enough reason to shut you down

I can make terrible smelling food every night. Is that reason enough to have me evicted? I doubt it. Your personal feelings (externalities withstanding) do not trump my rights as a property owner.

Unless you are saying that it does, in with case you have answered your own question. You do not have any more Freedom today than you did at any point in US history.

Interesting

So your freedom to run an illegal business outshines the Civil Rights movement

Speaking for your neighbors.......Your freedom ends at my nose

The smelly chemicals you use in your business are more than enough reason to shut you down

If you put your nose in front of my forward thrusting fist, that's your right to do, but don't blame me if the two collide.

Please keep your fingers away from my nose

I just showed you how freedoms work, your cliche is old, tired and easily defeated.

You have every right to put your nose in front of my forward thrusting fist. When the two collide you have no right to complain. YOU exercised your freedom.

The freedom to get on a freaking commercial airliner without having to take my shoes off. Let's start with that. The airline does not require it, the government does, and that is none of the governments business.

Let's start there and work our way up the ladder.

Damn......shoe freedom

I suggest a civil rights march on that one. You don't have foot odor issues do you?

No answer?

How special
You got your answer....petty nonsense

Let's talk REAL freedoms shall we?

Dear nutters,

Please demonstrate that which you are accusing me of.

I invite you to ask any question that you can think of to gauge how importantly I view freedom. Go ahead. Get creative.

If you are honest about this challenge, you will be able to fashion questions that you can also answer.....proving your reverence for freedom. Remember....simple is best.

Are you for the reinstitution of a baccalaureate service for all graduating high school seniors wishing to attend being sponcered by the community the high school serves at large? How about a commencement prayer?

My county still has both.
I'm sorry your commissioners and/or state reps are pussies

So let's summarize what we have so far...

We got Little Nipps not having the freedom to force her religion on the local school
Amazon not having the freedom to run an illegal business out of her apartment
And Pops having to remove his smelly shoes

My god, this is an earth shattering loss of freedoms
Can I lead you in a chorus of " We shall overcome"?

Interesting

So your freedom to run an illegal business outshines the Civil Rights movement

Who said that it did? The Civil Rights movement was fight for equality in the eyes of the law. Economic Freedom is a fight for ones ability to effectively make a living. They are both equally important to any individual.

A right is not simply the ability to be treated equally. It's also the ability to act independently, and having the Freedom to do so. This is called 'Autonomy.' And telling me that I don't have the right to make a living inside of my apartment is telling me that I don't have the right to be autonomous.

Losing the right to make your own living and choosing your own path live is worse than losing the right to vote (which is not much of a right these days anyway).

Last edited:

We got Little Nipps not having the freedom to force her religion on the local school

That's the best run I've seen since Forest Gump scored for Bama

Your an All American candidate!

I only used one example in hopes that you would get the jist of it, but perhaps it was too subtle for you. To go through every single bit of Freedom you have lost would be a waste of time. I only need the use of statistics:

Again, America was ranked 5th in the worlds most Economically Free countries in the entire world since the Index of Economic Freedom was originally conducted. Today, America is ranked 10th and is losing it's edge among the top 10. A year ago, America was ranked 9th. It's lost it's ranked to Denmark. Denmark, a Scandinavian country which barely holds less than 1% of all the worlds millionaires is more economically freer than America.

Again, if you believe you have lost no freedom then you probably have plenty of freedom at the expense of other people. Which isn't real freedom at all. It's slavery.

I only used one example in hopes that you would get the jist of it, but perhaps it was too subtle for you. To go through every single bit of Freedom you have lost would be a waste of time. I only need the use of statistics:

Again, America was ranked 5th in the worlds most Economically Free countries in the entire world since the Index of Economic Freedom was originally conducted. Today, America is ranked 10th and is losing it's edge among the top 10. A year ago, America was ranked 9th. It's lost it's ranked to Denmark. Denmark, a Scandinavian country which barely holds less than 1% of all the worlds millionaires is more economically freer than America.

Again, if you believe you have lost no freedom then you probably have plenty of freedom at the expense of other people. Which isn't real freedom at all. It's slavery.

You are confused. What is economic freedom to you?

Hint. It is not the freedom to start a business in your apartment. You can do that in Somalia.

Your argument is very odd.

Where are you from?

You are confused. What is economic freedom to you?

You're the one who is confused. There is no such thing as 'economic freedom to you.' It has a definition:

Economic Freedom

The freedom to prosper within a country without intervention from a government or economic authority. Individuals are free to secure and protect his/her human resources, labor and private property. Economic freedom is common in capitalist economies and must incorporate other civil liberties to be deemed as truly free.

What is economic freedom? definition and meaning

Hint. It is not the freedom to start a business in your apartment. You can do that in Somalia.

Unless your property is confiscated for the use to the militia group via force without and due process or objection of the owner. As there is no form of Private Property Rights, or Rule of Law.

You can at least take the time to understand how economic freedom is suppose to work before you use Somalia as an example.

Your argument is very odd.

Foreign ideas are usually odd if said ideas are new to close-minded people.

Where are you from?

I already told you once before and at this point I don't see what relevance this has now.

So you don't have the freedom to run an illegal business out of your apartment

The freedoms people claim to have lost in this thread is bringing me to tears

Illegal business to whom? I'm running a legit business and offering a service that people are willing to pay for.

In a time where job creation is abysmally weak, where small business entrepreneurship is lacking. You figure that the last thing that the economy needs is someone who is willing to take the best of tangible and intangible resources to make a living for herself and others who she is willing to hire. Destroying a business is your idea of Freedom.

Good to know that we have discovered the moral compass of those who 'claim' to value freedom so much.

So, you want to run a business out of your apartment

Do you have strangers coming in and out?
Are you using those smelly chemicals?

There are reasons we have zoning and it has a lot to do with freedom

Strangers walking in and out are a function of zoning laws?

Really?

Please explain

I missed it. Where are you from?

And.......please cite the source for your economic freedom rankings. I want to seethe criteria used in the study.

Thanks

The OP has failed to identify one freedom we’ve ‘lost.’

That one is subject to social criticism or ridicule because he exhibits his hate and ignorance by making racist or bigoted statements does not constitute a ‘loss’ of freedom; again, one is free to be as ignorant and as hateful as he wishes, don’t be surprised, however, if one’s racism and bigotry is not condoned by society in general.

The Commerce Clause authorized Congress to enact regulatory measures determined necessary and proper, consequently there is no ‘loss’ of economic freedom with regard to starting a business or any other such enterprise.

Hyperbolic nonsense.

Hyperbolic nonsense.

Only to those who have never lived outside the US.

Take Hong Kong as an example. They don't have the same civil liberties as America. Hell, Hong Kong doesn't even have democracy. But they are among the wealthiest countries in the world right now (if not, the wealthiest next to Singapore). This is because they've made it an importance to have autonomy and individual liberties, rather than making sure people have the right to vote and meaning attempts for equality for the sake of fairness.

The market is far better at being Democratic, than democracy ever could in most cases.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back