What happened to our Freedom?

I missed it. Where are you from?

Once again, if you must know I am from London.

And.......please cite the source for your economic freedom rankings. I want to seethe criteria used in the study.

Thanks

Index of Economic Freedom: Promoting Economic Opportunity and Prosperity by Country

London? Fuck....how'd you get to be so shitty at English?

And....now I see where you are coming from. You are discussing economic freedom in the nutter sense. What a waste of time.

And.......please cite the source for your economic freedom rankings. I want to seethe criteria used in the study.

Thanks

Index of Economic Freedom: Promoting Economic Opportunity and Prosperity by Country

Funny, do the braiding for free, and none of the crap applies. Charge a buck and whammo, your under the governments thumb.

Maybe it would be best to work on your grammar before you mention another person's English, hm?

And....now I see where you are coming from. You are discussing economic freedom in the nutter sense. What a waste of time.

Alright, Nice Ad hominem! Because it wouldn't make sense to explain your idea of economic freedom. It's much better to taunt while adding very little substance. Common tactic among the economic illiterate.

The Commerce Clause authorized Congress to enact regulatory measures determined necessary and proper, consequently there is no ‘loss’ of economic freedom with regard to starting a business or any other such enterprise.

The US is ranked 13th when it comes to ease of starting a business. You are ranked behind Rwanda of course. Ask yourself how this happened...

Also, the Government is shutting down new businesses almost everyday. I used my anecdotal story to demonstrate this. Everyone was apparently too slow to catch on, but my anecdotal story is a real portrayal of what really happened to someone who tried to start a business. You are losing economic freedom everyday.

Funny, do the braiding for free, and none of the crap applies. Charge a buck and whammo, your under the governments thumb.

Yeah, because the left figures the only thing which stands between an individual and a bad hair do is the Government. Blimey...

The question is, if the only difference is someone handing you a few bucks, what difference does it make.

In reality these excuses just drive part of the economy underground. Businesses that go underground rarely PAY TAXES

Thanks

Yes, apparently we’re upset because the big, bad government won’t allow anyone to start some fly-by-night ‘business’ that threatens the environment, endangers the safety of its workers, and puts consumers at risk.

Yes, apparently we’re upset because the big, bad government won’t allow anyone to start some fly-by-night ‘business’ that threatens the environment, endangers the safety of its workers, and puts consumers at risk.

It's probably only fly-by-night if it's hers......

Last edited:
Yes, apparently we’re upset because the big, bad government won’t allow anyone to start some fly-by-night ‘business’ that threatens the environment,

Private property rights incentivizes owners to keep their property clean. If I ruin my own property, that hurts my bottom line. If I ruin someone else's property, then I'll face a lawsuit.

endangers the safety of its workers

Business is not a one way street. Before OHSA, work related incidents decreased. How did this happen without laws, mandates or government enforced contracts. This is because workers and employers negotiate the terms of their employment contract.

and puts consumers at risk.

Maybe running a business is foreign to you, but the way to get repeat consumers is not by putting them at risk. You think the Government is the only thing that stands between a consumer and a bad hair day? For someone who is not against freedom, you certainly have low confidence in market.

People are more likely to make the right decisions when it comes to their own bodies than who to vote for at the ballot box. This is increasing truth in the last few elections you've had.

My guess is you've never really taken the time to fully understand the marketplace. You just react based on how you think the marketplace works.

Anyone who thinks they have more freedom today than 50 years ago is lying to themselves.
Buy a plane ticket....
Try to by some fertilizer for your backyard...........
Start a business or open a bank accout for a business..........
Try taking a hike in the national forest without paying for it..........
Try getting into a national park without paying for entrance, parking, use of trails, and an overnight stay.......
Speak out about the way the government is not doing what it should.........
50 years ago newspapers didn't have to divulge their sources when they broke a story about government wrongdoing..........
50 years ago patriots were not investigated by the IRS........

You are only freer to accept government "help" ...... whether you want it or not!
You don't even have the right to exercise your rights without a permit or a license anymore.

Anyone who thinks they have more freedom today than 50 years ago is lying to themselves.
Buy a plane ticket....
Try getting into a national park without paying for entrance, parking, use of trails, and an overnight stay.......

50 years ago newspapers didn't have to divulge their sources when they broke a story about government wrongdoing..........

You are only freer to accept government "help" ...... whether you want it or not!
You don't even have the right to exercise your rights without a permit or a license anymore.

And don't even think about bringing a gun with you

Buy a plane ticket....

Anyone who thinks he has less freedom today than 50 years ago is lying to himself.

50 years ago homosexuals could be arrested and charged with a crime – for simply being homosexual.

50 years ago same-sex couples lacked the freedom to marry in any state.

50 years ago homosexuals lacked the freedom to adopt.

50 years ago one lacked the freedom to determine whether she could have a child or not.

50 years ago blacks and whites lacked the freedom to marry.

50 years ago black Americans lacked the freedom to vote.

50 years ago black Americans lacked the freedom to eat lunch, go to a movie, or stay at a hotel with white Americans.

50 years ago citizens could be compelled to self-incriminate.

50 years ago citizens were denied their right to counsel.

Unfortunately, the list goes on.

So indeed, Americans enjoy greater freedom today than they did 50 years ago, particularly if one were black, Hispanic, gay, or a women.

Telling how many on the right seem to forget this fact.

So indeed, Americans enjoy greater freedom today than they did 50 years ago, particularly if one were black, Hispanic, gay, or a women.

Telling how many on the right seem to forget this fact.

Retroactive freedoms are greater than universal freedoms? This is new to me...

Our citizens have more freedom today than at any time in our history

Even if you cant open an illegal business

The larger and more complex our society, AND the more easily it becomes for individuals or groups to massively disrupt that society?

The less freedom that society will grant to its citizens.

I suspect this is something we can count on REGARDLESS of what kind of government we have, what kind of economic system we use, or WHO is in office.

Speaking for your neighbors.......Your freedom ends at my nose

The smelly chemicals you use in your business are more than enough reason to shut you down

If you put your nose in front of my forward thrusting fist, that's your right to do, but don't blame me if the two collide.

Please keep your fingers away from my nose

Fine, but some people want a fist to the face. Is that all right, or do you not have that right?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVETXpz3k4g&feature=player_detailpage]Joe Frazier vs George Foreman w Howard Cosell 22 1 73 p 2of2 - YouTube[/ame]

Where were the Police. It's obviously an assualt your watching. Where is OSHA? The employees obviously in danger.

My Freedoms end at your nose unless you are aware and agree that it does not!

Come on. What s the OP's point?

We have lost no freedom. (this is a huge lie !! i and anyone over the age of 60 have lost the freedom to buy any firearm and ammo WITHOUT a background check, the freedom to buy a full auto firearm at a reasonable price, i.e. $1,500.00 if you have the ability to do some research you will find the American citizen has lost more freedoms in the past 50 years than any time in the history of America !!) If you nutters understood how strongly liberals like me value freedom, you'd stop trying to claim the concept. If people like me have anything to say about it ( and we do ) you will not lose your freedom. (aaaaaaah you arewhat ? about 9 y.o. ?)

Stop it already!!!!!!!!

try to be smart rather than follow the liberfool talking points........., OK ?

Buy a plane ticket....

Anyone who thinks he has less freedom today than 50 years ago is lying to himself.

50 years ago homosexuals could be arrested and charged with a crime – for simply being homosexual.

50 years ago same-sex couples lacked the freedom to marry in any state.

50 years ago homosexuals lacked the freedom to adopt.

50 years ago one lacked the freedom to determine whether she could have a child or not.

50 years ago blacks and whites lacked the freedom to marry.

50 years ago black Americans lacked the freedom to vote.

50 years ago black Americans lacked the freedom to eat lunch, go to a movie, or stay at a hotel with white Americans.

50 years ago citizens could be compelled to self-incriminate.

50 years ago citizens were denied their right to counsel.

Unfortunately, the list goes on.

Telling how many on the right seem to forget this fact. (FACT ?????? :laugh2: ... :laugh2:)

your ""FACTS"" just do not align with my memory of 1963AD, in FACT your "facts" are mostly lies

Forum List

Back