What happened to our Freedom?

Anyone who thinks they have more freedom today than 50 years ago is lying to themselves.
Buy a plane ticket....
Try to by some fertilizer for your backyard...........
Start a business or open a bank accout for a business..........
Try taking a hike in the national forest without paying for it..........
Try getting into a national park without paying for entrance, parking, use of trails, and an overnight stay.......
Speak out about the way the government is not doing what it should.........
50 years ago newspapers didn't have to divulge their sources when they broke a story about government wrongdoing..........
50 years ago patriots were not investigated by the IRS........

You are only freer to accept government "help" ...... whether you want it or not!
You don't even have the right to exercise your rights without a permit or a license anymore.
Anyone who thinks he has less freedom today than 50 years ago is lying to himself.

50 years ago homosexuals could be arrested and charged with a crime – for simply being homosexual.

50 years ago same-sex couples lacked the freedom to marry in any state.

50 years ago homosexuals lacked the freedom to adopt.

50 years ago one lacked the freedom to determine whether she could have a child or not.

50 years ago blacks and whites lacked the freedom to marry.

50 years ago black Americans lacked the freedom to vote.

50 years ago black Americans lacked the freedom to eat lunch, go to a movie, or stay at a hotel with white Americans.

50 years ago citizens could be compelled to self-incriminate.

50 years ago citizens were denied their right to counsel.

Unfortunately, the list goes on.

So indeed, Americans enjoy greater freedom today than they did 50 years ago, particularly if one were black, Hispanic, gay, or a women.

Telling how many on the right seem to forget this fact. (FACT ?????? :laugh2: ... :laugh2:)

your ""FACTS"" just do not align with my memory of 1963AD, in FACT your "facts" are mostly lies

Yea....maybe 55 years ago

There are protections for workers and customers, neighbors- I'm surprised yo can't do it on the street or in a store zoned for business. Damn lawyers. Do it under the table...good luck.

In many states, hair-braiding requires going to cosmetology school (which is a $5000+ whack)...which does not teach hair braiding! My wife still says the best hairstyling she ever got was when she was Maid of Honor at her best friend's wedding. The hairstylist brought help: While she handled the bride and the rest of the bridesmaids, her assistant dealt with Liz's then-floor-length tresses. Her hair was in a spectacular triple-triple braid, and it was perfect: it was even, neat, centered perfectly.

The "assistant" stylist was the hairstylist's daughter, age ten! Her mother had to hunt down a stepstool so she could reach Liz's hair easily.

Anyone who thinks he has less freedom today than 50 years ago is lying to himself.

50 years ago homosexuals could be arrested and charged with a crime – for simply being homosexual.

50 years ago same-sex couples lacked the freedom to marry in any state.

50 years ago homosexuals lacked the freedom to adopt.

50 years ago one lacked the freedom to determine whether she could have a child or not.

50 years ago blacks and whites lacked the freedom to marry.

50 years ago black Americans lacked the freedom to vote.

50 years ago black Americans lacked the freedom to eat lunch, go to a movie, or stay at a hotel with white Americans.

50 years ago citizens could be compelled to self-incriminate.

50 years ago citizens were denied their right to counsel.

Unfortunately, the list goes on.

So indeed, Americans enjoy greater freedom today than they did 50 years ago, particularly if one were black, Hispanic, gay, or a women.

Telling how many on the right seem to forget this fact. (FACT ?????? :laugh2: ... :laugh2:)

your ""FACTS"" just do not align with my memory of 1963AD, in FACT your "facts" are mostly lies

Well, you might want to consider where white Senators & Congressmen & Politicians live, send their children to school, whom they'd wish to marry their children, and whom they'd allow to adopt their children if anything happened to them...:eusa_hand:
It's nice to imagine that laws will change a person's attitude; however, it usually only garners votes at the expense of other people...:eusa_whistle:
I have no problem living next to a "nice" black family (husband and wife). However, I would not choose to live next to just anyone anywhere simply to fulfill a quota designed by someone else for "other" people.

Last edited:
Speak English.

40 years ago even 3 graders would have likely understood what a baccalaureate service was; as well as, commencement exercises. PS> The King James verson of the Bible was written in 5 grade English. Something perhaps too complex for even a graduating senior today. Do you see a purpose for teaching Latin in high school..?
So you lost the freedom to use our schools as a church....what else ya got?

And atheists were left with an open door and no competition.:eusa_silenced:

Well, you might want to consider where white Senators & Congressmen & Politicians live, send their children to school, whom they'd wish to marry their children, and whom they'd allow to adopt their children if anything happened to them...:eusa_hand:
It's nice to imagine that laws will change a person's attitude; however, it usually only garners votes at the expense of other people...:eusa_whistle:
I have no problem living next to a "nice" black family (husband and wife). However, I would not choose to live next to just anyone anywhere simply to fulfill a quota designed by someone else for "other" people.

Nips

What does that have to do with what was posted?

40 years ago even 3 graders would have likely understood what a baccalaureate service was; as well as, commencement exercises. PS> The King James verson of the Bible was written in 5 grade English. Something perhaps too complex for even a graduating senior today. Do you see a purpose for teaching Latin in high school..?
So you lost the freedom to use our schools as a church....what else ya got?

Atheism is not taught in our schools either

We have lost much freedom people, for all of us.
Whether your right, left or in between it effects all of us.
This is really lengthy read, but worth it in order to get some perspective.
Between the Bush administration and Obama's administration we have all been targeted in many things.
Our Government has been out of control for quite sometime now and our freedoms have been eroded slowly and steadily for over the last 100 years.
Scorecard: How Many Rights Have Americans REALLY Lost? | Washington's Blog

You traded freedom for equality.

Freedom was traded for a perception of acceptance and a "feeling" of unearned equality.

Nonsense.

You’re still free to be hateful and ignorant, to keep those whom you perceive to be ‘different’ out of your private organizations and private lives.

But you never had the ‘freedom’ to codify that hate and ignorance.

I'd say they did, actually.

Then certain segments of society got "uppity" and ruined it for them.

Evolution is. Billion and Billions of years "are." Homosexuality as acceptable is. What is being promoted runs contrary to what has been excluded. And this goes for liberal philososhy as well.

Teaching atheism would involve teaching your children that there is no god and that Jesus was just a man. Is that what you want in our schools?

Evolution is a fact
The earth is billions of years old is a fact
Todays society accepts homosexuality is a fact

Why do you want to teach lies and hate?

Last edited:
Cartoons and fiction novels predicting the future of America...

Next the Mayans will have left something for us.

Interesting how accurate it was to the perceptions and attitudes of the people today. Everyone desiring the "government" to be the sly salesman that promises to take care of you and supply whatever it is you may be in need of. We have taken the spirit of ideas through innovation, and turned it into a Uncle Sam wanting THEIR piece of the pie for someone else's efforts, time, and hard work. Children can't even so much as set out a lemonade stand, for personal interests, without the government sticking their nose in and in effect "taking candy from a defenseless child" through fines and regulation. We have become that government system our Founders would be ashamed of.

Evolution is. Billion and Billions of years "are." Homosexuality as acceptable is. What is being promoted runs contrary to what has been excluded. And this goes for liberal philososhy as well.

Teaching atheism would involve teaching your children that there is no god and that Jesus was just a man. Is that what you want in our schools?

Evolution is a fact

Why do you teach deceit, confusion, and political correctness? There is absolutely no proof that man has been anything but a human being. There clearly exists the possibility that God created an established environmental ecological system for Adam. Your promotion that we all are the end product of a "natural" random selectivity from single celled organism has never been proven and is a blantant LIE. And the exclusion of possible Divine intervention is the trickery of ATHEISM. The hatred of God and for anyone who even suggests absolutes is demonstrated by your constant labeling of conservatives you disagree with as hate mongers. The fact remains that simply because I disagree with you, doesn't mean I hate you or anyone who does things I find destructive. Yes I do hate what many are doing, but I find that most are being lead astray because they have come to the "educated" assumption that this is all there is and right is what man decides it is to be. So please do not speak to me about lies and hate unless you wish to allow for unhampered open discussions of God and Design in education.

Last edited:

Evolution is a fact

Why do you teach deceit, confusion, and political correctness? There is absolutely no proof that man has been anything but a human being. There clearly the possibility that God created an established environmental ecological system for Adam. Your promotion that we all are the end product of a "natural" random selectivity from single celled organism has never been proven and is a blantant LIE. And the exclusion of possible Divine intervention is the trickery of ATHEISM. The hatred of God and for anyone who even suggests absolutes is demonstrated by your constant labeling of conservatives you disagree with as hate mongers. The fact remains that simply because I disagree with you, doesn't mean I hate you or anyone who does things I find destructive. Yes I do hate what many are doing, but I find that most are being lead astray because they have come to the "educated" assumption that this is all there is and right is what man decides it is to be. So please do not speak to me about lies and hate unless you wish to allow for unhampered open discussions of God and Design in education.

Evolution is a FACT
God is a THEORY

Evolution is a fact

Why do you teach deceit, confusion, and political correctness? There is absolutely no proof that man has been anything but a human being. There clearly the possibility that God created an established environmental ecological system for Adam. Your promotion that we all are the end product of a "natural" random selectivity from single celled organism has never been proven and is a blantant LIE. And the exclusion of possible Divine intervention is the trickery of ATHEISM. The hatred of God and for anyone who even suggests absolutes is demonstrated by your constant labeling of conservatives you disagree with as hate mongers. The fact remains that simply because I disagree with you, doesn't mean I hate you or anyone who does things I find destructive. Yes I do hate what many are doing, but I find that most are being lead astray because they have come to the "educated" assumption that this is all there is and right is what man decides it is to be. So please do not speak to me about lies and hate unless you wish to allow for unhampered open discussions of God and Design in education.

Evolution is a FACT
God is a THEORY

Evolution will be a fact when they find the missing link. At this point in time it is still a theory.

Evolution is a fact

Evolution is a FACT
God is a THEORY

Devolving is a fact. Evolution is wishful thinking for atheism. The missing link is GOD.

Evolution is a fact

Which is why the missing link is still missing, or earlier discoveries have only later been revealed to be fabricated. So, according to Carl Sagan of Cosmos: to sum things up (paraphrase) ..... the earth began as a gaseous form that later became a world of molten rock, which later cooled with rains into the forming of our oceans. Out of these rock minerals and water, the molecules of life got its start. A theory that I don't recall science having the ability to accurately prove? It's simply a story playing into a set of events of what is "believed" to have taken place (first millions, then billions of years ago). If evolution is life "by mere chance" with only the evolving and reproductive duplication of humans, why is something so basic as "fingerprints" so unique in identifying each and every individual? Even the birth of multiples still manage to share a detailed uniqueness to their identity, through fingerprints. Uniqueness is not the primary focus of those who rather state we were all evolved simply by mere chance, as a "group" of creatures over the need to adapt in our environment. It's not scientific fact, FACTS are duplicated and proven (the earth being round, effects of gravity, the revolving of our planet around the sun, etc), this is scientific "theory" that has yet to be proven scientifically.

Evolution is a fact

Which is why the missing link is still missing, or earlier discoveries have only later been revealed to be fabricated. So, according to Carl Sagan of Cosmos: to sum things up (paraphrase) ..... the earth began as a gaseous form that later became a world of molten rock, which later cooled with rains into the forming of our oceans. Out of these rock minerals and water, the molecules of life got its start. A theory that I don't recall science having the ability to accurately prove? It's simply a story playing into a set of events of what is "believed" to have taken place (first millions, then billions of years ago). If evolution is life "by mere chance" with only the evolving and reproductive duplication of humans, why is something so basic as "fingerprints" so unique in identifying each and every individual? Even the birth of multiples still manage to share a detailed uniqueness to their identity, through fingerprints. Uniqueness is not the primary focus of those who rather state we were all evolved simply by mere chance, as a "group" of creatures over the need to adapt in our environment. It's not scientific fact, FACTS are duplicated and proven (the earth being round, effects of gravity, the revolving of our planet around the sun, etc), this is scientific "theory" that has yet to be proven scientifically.

The details of how and why evolution occurs is still theory. Whether it occurs is FACT and is supported by rheems of fossile, geologic and DNA evidence

God has never been more than a theory. A theory unsupported by any scientific evidence

Evolution is a fact

The details of how and why evolution occurs is still theory. Whether it occurs is FACT and is supported by rheems of fossile, geologic and DNA evidence

God has never been more than a theory. A theory unsupported by any scientific evidence

evolution occurs. i have no doubt about that. but i don't believe every living creature evolved from some single celled creature that generated in a swamp.

then again, there has never been any scientific evidence to prove god doesn't exist

Last edited:
The basic freedom we have lost is the freedom to determine what is best for ourselves.

Right winger is found of the phrase "your rights end at my nose"

That's bullshit. If you put your nose somewhere you KNOW will lead to it getting hit, then you have exercised the ultimate right, the right to determine what you want to do with your nose!

True seekers of freedom understand this and don't shy away from it.

I posted a video earlier of the Foreman Frazier fight.

The seeker of freedom understand that the punches that landed did not abridge anyone rights, they fortified them. To control freaks, the sport should be outlawed because no one should be allowed the right to be hit if that's what they want

Rightwinger see's a bar that allows smoking as somehow violating his nose. What he misses is that by the government banning the act, he lost his right to determine, in his own mind what's best for him, while allowing others the same right.

Forum List

Back