Zone1 what happens after death?

What did you feel like in 1815? You will feel the same way in 2115 when you are dead. It won't be any different.
On the other hand, pick some utterly random date you were alive--can you say what you were doing on that particular day or how you felt? For example, your 92nd day of fifth grade...

On the other hand, pick some utterly random date you were alive--can you say what you were doing on that particular day or how you felt? For example, your 92nd day of fifth grade...

I don't recall. How does that retract from my point? Being dead won't feel the same way my 92nd day of fifth grade felt. I feel 100% confident of that and so do you.

I don't recall. How does that retract from my point? Being dead won't feel the same way my 92nd day of fifth grade felt. I feel 100% confident of that and so do you.
I expect we may be confident of two very different outcomes?

I expect we may be confident of two very different outcomes?

so sad, there will be only one outcome for the desert belt - those two will encounter before their extinction ...

accomplishing the command, religion of antiquity, triumph over evil - will bring admission to the everlasting for however long that spirit might persist amongst those already there.

I wasn't around then

The title of the thread is "What Happens After Death?" We all know the answer. Just go to any funeral home or graveyard. You should be able to have an accurate assessment pretty quickly. This isn't one of those great questions. "How big is an apple?" "What color is grass?" "How many fingers does a human have?" "What happens after death?" These are questions you can find on your own with little to no research.

The title of the thread is "What Happens After Death?" We all know the answer. Just go to any funeral home or graveyard. You should be able to have an accurate assessment pretty quickly. This isn't one of those great questions. "How big is an apple?" "What color is grass?" "How many fingers does a human have?" "What happens after death?" These are questions you can find on your own with little to no research.
not really

how reliable is the info?

not really

how reliable is the info?
As reliable as your own eyes. (Do you wear contacts or glasses?) We all know what happens when people die. We all know how big an apple is. We all know what color grass is. My teachers used to say, "The only stupid question is the one you already know the answer to." "What happens after death?" is a stupid question for sure. We all know what happens.

We all have access to evidence of what happens when people die. I don't know why some people say there isn't any proof. I would say there is tons of proof but that could dwindle down to ounces. Let's just say there are ounces of proof to show us what happens when you die.
There is tons of proof of what happens: nothing. You no longer exist.

(1) Many people have reported signs from deceased loved ones.

(2) ALL of those people could not have been fibbers.

(3) ALL of those people could not have been delusional.

(4) So if even only one of those people was telling the actual truth, then that means there is an afterlife.

(5) I have had two experiences that may have been a sign or just some kind of coincidence.

(6) Every day I ask for a third sign that is definitive.

(1) Many people have reported signs from deceased loved ones.

(2) ALL of those people could not have been fibbers.

(3) ALL of those people could not have been delusional.

(4) So if even only one of those people was telling the actual truth, then that means there is an afterlife.

(5) I have had two experiences that may have been a sign or just some kind of coincidence.

(6) Every day I ask for a third sign that is definitive.
I have only had one unexplained experience in my life. Once in church I involuntarily jumped up and said, "Praise the Lord. Praise the Lord." then I sit back down. It had no impact on my life either good or bad other than imposing a question mark. That happened 31 years ago. The best I can figure is that a spirit took over my body, I was intentionally hypnotized or unintentionally hypnotized. I'm guessing that I will never know.

To believe in Huckleberry Finn or an eternal burning torture chamber I need more verification than a book or a well crafted post on USMessageBoard.

I have only had one unexplained experience in my life. Once in church I involuntarily jumped up and said, "Praise the Lord. Praise the Lord." then I sit back down. It had no impact on my life either good or bad other than imposing a question mark. That happened 31 years ago. The best I can figure is that a spirit took over my body, I was intentionally hypnotized or unintentionally hypnotized. I'm guessing that I will never know.

To believe in Huckleberry Finn or an eternal burning torture chamber I need more verification than a book or a well crafted post on USMessageBoard.
How about to believe in being eternally united with God or eternally separated from God? Seems like you can't get past the burning torture chamber. What if it is like your heart was so hardened that when God shared his love with you, your hardened heart couldn't tolerate it and you asked God to remove it from you? Would that be God's fault? Or yours?

This site sounds pretty Catholic so far, meaning it is not Francis-esque (alleged-pope reference)
Here are some scriptures that suggest you might want to rethink your conclusion"
1 Peter 3:18-21, "18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: 19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; 20 Which sometime were disobedient , when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water."
1 Peter 4: 5-6, "5 Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead. 6 For this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead , that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit."

Then, there is one thing still needed after a dead soul accepts the gospel, baptism: 1 Corinthians 15:29, "29 Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead ?"
It's important to remember that Jesus himself said baptism by water and the spirit are required for ascension into heaven and eternal life. So, we do not receive a final judgment immediately after death.

Here are some scriptures that suggest you might want to rethink your conclusion"
1 Peter 3:18-21, "18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: 19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; 20 Which sometime were disobedient , when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water."
1 Peter 4: 5-6, "5 Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead. 6 For this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead , that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit."

Then, there is one thing still needed after a dead soul accepts the gospel, baptism: 1 Corinthians 15:29, "29 Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead ?"
It's important to remember that Jesus himself said baptism by water and the spirit are required for ascension into heaven and eternal life. So, we do not receive a final judgment immediately after death.
Then, no need to believe any of this crap while I am alive. If it is true and is shown to me after death, I can just believe it then.

Boy, what a waste of time religion is, then.

Then, no need to believe any of this crap while I am alive. If it is true and is shown to me after death, I can just believe it then.

As I understand it, these are preached to those who did not have the opportunity to hear the gospel in it's fullness. So, if you have the opportunity to even hear a portion of it, you may not get to receive the fullness of God's inheritance. There are 3 degrees of glory in Heaven as Paul wrote in First Corinthians chapter 15. The Celestial glory or kingdom is where the valiant in their testimony is of Christ. They heard and got the fulness of the law they needed at the time they were alive on earth. They just didn't get to know more of the line upon line, precept upon precept. So, if you are going to ignore the gospel now, you may not get to hear the fulness of the gospel nor receive the highest degree in Heaven of glory.

Darwin would argue otherwise. And so do I...

The LORD is my shepherd; there is nothing I lack. In green pastures he makes me lie down; to still waters he leads me; he restores my soul. He guides me along right paths for the sake of his name. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff comfort me. You set a table before me in front of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Indeed, goodness and mercy will pursue me all the days of my life; I will dwell in the house of the LORD for endless days.

Forum List

Back