Zone1 what happens after death?

I believe it was the Mark Twain (or Isaac Asimov?) who once observed that he wasn’t troubled in the slightest by the notion of eternal nothingness after death because, he noted, he had been nothing for billions of years before he came to exist, and it didn’t bother him in the slightest bit, then.

I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.

I believe it was the Mark Twain (or Isaac Asimov?) who once observed that he wasn’t troubled in the slightest by the notion of eternal nothingness after death because, he noted, he had been nothing for billions of years before he came to exist, and it didn’t bother him in the slightest bit, then.
That's because living is a forgetting, while death is a remembering.

It's an eastern belief. It means we forget where we came from when we are born and we remember where we came from when we die.
Ah.

I guess I must be an Occidental.

For unless there is an afterlife, I’d guess that we don’t remember jack shit after we pass.

How about to believe in being eternally united with God or eternally separated from God?

- really is a senseless assertion, the criminal could care less about not being w/ someone nor relate to what they might be missing and relieved they were not punished and made extinct - party on.

as will be the outcome, extinction for all that use their madeup religion to persecute and victimize the innocent.

- really is a senseless assertion, the criminal could care less about not being w/ someone nor relate to what they might be missing and relieved they were not punished and made extinct - party on.

as will be the outcome, extinction for all that use their madeup religion to persecute and victimize the innocent.
The LORD is my shepherd; there is nothing I lack. In green pastures he makes me lie down; to still waters he leads me; he restores my soul. He guides me along right paths for the sake of his name. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff comfort me. You set a table before me in front of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Indeed, goodness and mercy will pursue me all the days of my life; I will dwell in the house of the LORD for endless days.

As I understand it, these are preached to those who did not have the opportunity to hear the gospel in it's fullness
It didn't say that in the verses you quoted.

Do I get to make stuff up, too? It's not fair, if only one of us gets to make stuff up, now is it?

No he would not, because he would not have been so dense as to think i was talking about the past and the evolution of our species.
Religion provides a service no other agency can fill. As such it offers a functional advantage. If it didn't it would have perished long ago. That is classic Darwinism.

It didn't say that in the verses you quoted.

Do I get to make stuff up, too? It's not fair, if only one of us gets to make stuff up, now is it?
1 Peter 4: 5-6, "5 Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead. 6 For this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead , that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit."

This most certainly does! Think McFly Think? What is the difference between the people who are dead in this verse and those that are alive that the dead need to be preached to? Especially with what is said in chapter 3 and those that died without the law? Peter in the above verse is speaking of the Law of Christ that people died without. I don't condemn people if they don't accept Christ in this life nor the complete Gospel. There are many reasons people don't. Starting with parents that push anti-Christ into their children's brains. Then there are ministers their scholars that purposely teach falsehoods as well.

... for all that use their madeup religion to persecute and victimize the innocent.
The LORD is my shepherd; there is nothing I lack.

and the message the jews gave to jesus - that is what you claim, like them - nothing is lacking.

might someday you would see those people in the 1st century what those heavenly events were really all about. and that's not the trash that wrote the 4th century christian bible.

and the message the jews gave to jesus - that is what you claim, like them - nothing is lacking.

might someday you would see those people in the 1st century what those heavenly events were really all about. and that's not the trash that wrote the 4th century christian bible.
Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, Nor stand in the way of sinners, nor sit in company with scoffers. Rather, the law of the LORD is his joy; and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted near streams of water, that yields its fruit in season; Its leaves never wither; whatever he does prospers. But not so are the wicked, not so! They are like chaff driven by the wind. Therefore the wicked will not arise at the judgment, nor will sinners in the assembly of the just. Because the LORD knows the way of the just, but the way of the wicked leads to ruin.

No one wrote the Bible in the 4th century. They compiled letters of inspired apostles of the Lord Jesus Christ.

How about to believe in being eternally united with God or eternally separated from God?

It sounds like the same concept. I'd have to ignore the evidence of all the experiences I have had from funeral home and cemeteries.

Seems like you can't get past the burning torture chamber.

That's true. It is so outrageous, agenda driven, and lots of people pretend to believe it. I'll never get past it. It is absurd yet intriguing.

What if it is like your heart was so hardened that when God shared his love with you, your hardened heart couldn't tolerate it and you asked God to remove it from you?

I don't recall this ever happening. Every memory I had communicating with God has been wiped away from my memory. Either that or it never happened.

Would that be God's fault? Or yours?

It is hard to tell. You decide.

Forum List

Back