What Happens if the Electoral College Goes Rogue?

The House votes Trump in.
Yeah, that would be my guess.
Cant help but wonder if that is what would actually happen. Clearly, the republicans are not happy with Trump at the head however the republicans have to realize the massive backlash that would occur if they did not vote him in.

They do not have a good track record of making reasonable calls in that regard though...

The House votes Trump in.
Yeah, that would be my guess.
Cant help but wonder if that is what would actually happen. Clearly, the republicans are not happy with Trump at the head however the republicans have to realize the massive backlash that would occur if they did not vote him in.

They do not have a good track record of making reasonable calls in that regard though...
I thought about that, but electing anyone but Trump would look like capitulation, and there's no way they'd let that happen.

This would be another partisan poke in the eye for them, they'd most likely enjoy it.

The middle class may survive.

Shit....you guys are so fucking clueless. Let that orange fascist turd in the white house and you can kiss the middle class GOODBYE.
no, you can kiss the non producers goodbye.
Now a reasonable person will know that in order to fix what the democrats have done to this country with their freebies for the lazy programs, its going to take not only cutting back on expenses, but it will also require an increase in revenue (that means taxes) If he can manage to bring business back in and start producing items in the U.S that are sold world wide, that would be a huge help. Now the problem with the taxes is that it will require everyone paying their fair share, this means that the middle class are going to have to see an increase in theirs as well as the rich (that are already paying way more than there fair share). You cant tax the welfare cockroaches, but you can reduce their "entitlements" and at the same time freeze any COL increases that might have been considered.
Whats broke cant be fixed without some pain. But the longer we go without fixing it, the greater the pain will be when it comes time to do it.
I cant speak for others but in my case if you tell me my taxes are going to go up so pookie can upgrade his free obama phone, or so they can start and fund the Plasma Big Screen entitlement program, Im going to have a problem with it and fight like hell not to pay the extra. If you tell me that you are going taxes are going to go up so we can try to get the debt paid down, and while my taxes are going up, pooky and his roachettes are going to see a reduction in there "benefits" then I wont say a word. Not a single word.
False. The richest pay 29% in all taxes. Same as much of the middle class. Even the poorest pay 18%. And ONLY the rich should pay more.
so, even if everyone paid 29%, how would the rich not be paying their fair share? personally I think you are looking at it wrong, if the highest anyone pays is 29%, then anyone that pays less than that is not paying their fair share.
Unfair because the richest are keeping all the new wealth while the nonrich and the country go slowly go to hell duh because of lack of investment.

Unfair because the richest are keeping all the new wealth while the nonrich and the country go slowly go to hell duh because of lack of investment.

Obama's fault!

You and the rest of the loony left didn't seem to care when the electoral college failed to stopa know-nothing dangerous fascist from infecting the White House in both 2008 and 2012 so forgive me for calling bullshit on your phony hysterics. As someone said elections have consequences and at the end of the day I won.
It's amazing these people keep claiming fascist while trying to shove a candidate nobody wants for President up our asses. Fascist means what now?

"Nobody wants." Do I need to remind your stupid ass that Hillary got nearly 3 million more votes than your guy?

How many more electoral votes did she get?

That's the point dumbass. This is the same as the Gore/Bush election, and we know how incredibly bad that worked out.

You and the rest of the loony left didn't seem to care when the electoral college failed to stopa know-nothing dangerous fascist from infecting the White House in both 2008 and 2012 so forgive me for calling bullshit on your phony hysterics. As someone said elections have consequences and at the end of the day I won.
It's amazing these people keep claiming fascist while trying to shove a candidate nobody wants for President up our asses. Fascist means what now?

"Nobody wants." Do I need to remind your stupid ass that Hillary got nearly 3 million more votes than your guy?

That's the point dumbass. This is the same as the Gore/Bush election, and we know how incredibly bad that worked out.

That's the point, Gore lost, Hillary lost.

Even with all the Dem fraud, they still couldn't pull it off.

pmag.gif

I don't believe enough of them have the balls to go rogue - but I certainly hope I'm wrong. I prefer Hillary - but anyone but Trump!

If they don't, then they are COMPLETELY useless and are no longer relevant. They better step up to the plate and do the very thing they were designed to do in the first place -- prevent a know-nothing dangerous fascist from infecting the White House -- or the EC has got to go.

But Hillary already lost....

I don't believe enough of them have the balls to go rogue - but I certainly hope I'm wrong. I prefer Hillary - but anyone but Trump!

If they don't, then they are COMPLETELY useless and are no longer relevant. They better step up to the plate and do the very thing they were designed to do in the first place -- prevent a know-nothing dangerous fascist from infecting the White House -- or the EC has got to go.

That's probably how you feel about democracy, too. In order to prevent a so-called 'fascist' from infecting the White House, Democracy must be suspended so that my candidate can become President, regardless of the constitutional outcome of the election.

That's called fascism, genius.
It's not going to happen. But one original idea of the college was to stop a bad choice.

And it worked perfectly. Hillary won't be president because of the EC.

It wasn't bad at all. Algore lost. We had competent, even if not perfect, leadership for 8 years much better than the alternative was.

What really happens if the EC goes Rogue is that they see a really good movie from what I hear. Not sure why they would go to see star wars after electing trump but who knows

That's probably how you feel about democracy, too. In order to prevent a so-called 'fascist' from infecting the White House, Democracy must be suspended so that my candidate can become President, regardless of the constitutional outcome of the election.

That's called fascism, genius.
It's not going to happen. But one original idea of the college was to stop a bad choice.

And it worked perfectly. Hillary won't be president because of the EC.
Actually, Putin and Comey. Scumbags- you got em all, dupe.

It wasn't bad at all. Algore lost. We had competent, even if not perfect, leadership for 8 years much better than the alternative was.
Sure. A total catastrophe, dupe.

They were designed to support your opinion??

Forum List

Back