What happens when the GOP base finds out Trump is lying about bringing back jobs?

R

rdean

China’s factories are building a robot nation

The robots recently replaced 14 workers on the plant’s assembly line for remote controls. And soon, according to Midea’s home-air-conditioner division deputy general manager Wu Shoubao, more robots will arrive to replace the quality-control supervisors.

http://phys.org/news/2015-09-robot-revolution-china-factory-floors.html
Robot revolution sweeps China's factory floors

For decades, manufacturers employed waves of young migrant workers from China's countryside to work at countless factories in coastal provinces, churning out cheap toys, clothing and electronics that helped power the country's economic ascent.

Now, factories are rapidly replacing those workers with automation, a pivot that's encouraged by rising wages and new official directives aimed at helping the country move away from low-cost manufacturing as the supply of young, pliant workers shrinks.

JP-ROBOT-1-superJumbo.jpg

So what happens? During the general election, the news will be coming out. Already Trump has provided lots of ignorant sound bites. Is this something he can take back. But then what does he have to run on?

The robots recently replaced 14 workers on the plant’s assembly line for remote controls. And soon, according to Midea’s home-air-conditioner division deputy general manager Wu Shoubao, more robots will arrive to replace the quality-control supervisors.

For decades, manufacturers employed waves of young migrant workers from China's countryside to work at countless factories in coastal provinces, churning out cheap toys, clothing and electronics that helped power the country's economic ascent.

Now, factories are rapidly replacing those workers with automation, a pivot that's encouraged by rising wages and new official directives aimed at helping the country move away from low-cost manufacturing as the supply of young, pliant workers shrinks.

So what happens? During the general election, the news will be coming out. Already Trump has provided lots of ignorant sound bites. Is this something he can take back. But then what does he have to run on?

He has big hands and he'll build a wall?

The U.S. wouldn't have to "bring back jobs" if Barry Hussein didn't lie about losing them in the first place. While the administration has been wringing it's hands and blaming American decadence for the non-issue of global warming and Barry has been hopscotching the world in a non-stop apology tour the jobs have been going overseas. Instead of leadership we get lectures about global warming and men in the freaking ladies room.

you know dean i bet if trump was running as a democrat with many of the same ideas he is talking about now and was bad mouthing the GOP....i bet you would be saying the guy knows what he is talking about...

The U.S. wouldn't have to "bring back jobs" if Barry Hussein didn't lie about losing them in the first place. While the administration has been wringing it's hands and blaming American decadence for the non-issue of global warming and Barry has been hopscotching the world in a non-stop apology tour the jobs have been going overseas. Instead of leadership we get lectures about global warming and men in the freaking ladies room.
Shut up idiot asshole until you come back with real facts.

Decline in US Manufacturing employment

Senator Bernie Sanders' quote that in the 8 years of the GW Bush adminstration, we closed over 42,000 factories in the US. This came from an American Prospect article by Richard McCormack:

For American manufacturers, the bad years didn't begin with the banking crisis of 2008. Indeed, the U.S. manufacturing sector never emerged from the 2001 recession, which coincided with China's entry into the World Trade Organization. Since 2001, the country has lost 42,400 factories, including 36 percent of factories that employ more than 1,000 workers

you know dean i bet if trump was running as a democrat with many of the same ideas he is talking about now and was bad mouthing the GOP....i bet you would be saying the guy knows what he is talking about...

No I wouldn't and that's a stupid thing to say even for you. Calling Hispanic's rapists mean he wouldn't ever be the Democrat nominee. DUH! Did that need to be explained?

Last edited by a moderator:

No I wouldn't and that's a stupid thing to say even for you. Calling Hispanic's rapists mean he wouldn't never be the Democrat nominee. DUH! Did that need to be explained?

Yes you would because you are the perfect partisan hack.

YEs and a $15 minimum wage will cause you to get your food served by a robot at McDonalds.

I am sure they will invent a robot to spit on your burgers as well, just to make you feel at home

Silly far left drones!.

Shut up idiot asshole until you come back with real facts.

Decline in US Manufacturing employment

Senator Bernie Sanders' quote that in the 8 years of the GW Bush adminstration, we closed over 42,000 factories in the US. This came from an American Prospect article by Richard McCormack:

For American manufacturers, the bad years didn't begin with the banking crisis of 2008. Indeed, the U.S. manufacturing sector never emerged from the 2001 recession, which coincided with China's entry into the World Trade Organization. Since 2001, the country has lost 42,400 factories, including 36 percent of factories that employ more than 1,000 workers

Thanks for posting this. Sometimes I feel like we should be paid for educating these ignoramuses. They just got stuck in 2009 and have been stuck there ever since.

No I wouldn't and that's a stupid thing to say even for you. Calling Hispanic's rapists mean he wouldn't never be the Democrat nominee. DUH! Did that need to be explained?

i did say MANY of the same ideas .....did i not?.... since we cleared that up i dont believe for a minute that you would not be backing the guy,just being a democrat you have no choice but to be that loyal little turd you are,you cant help it,you will back him if they tell you too........and of course someone bad mouthing the GOP ....how can it get any better?....

Yes you would because you are the perfect partisan hack.

your calling dean a "partisan" hack?.....dean?....what gives you that idea?...

Well there has to be someone that build and repair those robots first.

Also what will Trump run on?

The wall and immigration.

Trump business world is in real estate and had he not pissed off Romney then Romney would have been someone he could have ask to run as his VP that has knowledge in manufacturing business.

So the reality jobs that have left will not come back, but it does not mean this country can not help the future small business owner to create new jobs for America which could include building and fixing those robots.

Note:

I am not voting for Trump and just responding to your question based on my opinion.

YEs and a $15 minimum wage will cause you to get your food served by a robot at McDonalds.

I am sure they will invent a robot to spit on your burgers as well, just to make you feel at home

Silly far left drones!.

I't's OK to be a shit, but being a stupid shit is unforgivable. McDonald's was already looking at robots before the minimum wage even became an issue. In my first post, I pointed out that China is making robots to replace people making $170 a month. That would be a wage of $1.06 an hour for a 40 hour work week. Is that what you are advocating? Because if it is, you would be worse than a stupid shit.

Well there has to be someone that build and repair those robots first.

Also what will Trump run on?

The wall and immigration.

Trump business world is in real estate and had he not pissed off Romney then Romney would have been someone he could have ask to run as his VP that has knowledge in manufacturing business.

So the reality jobs that have left will not come back, but it does not mean this country can not help the future small business owner to create new jobs for America which could include building and fixing those robots.

Note:

I am not voting for Trump and just responding to your question based on my opinion.

The problem here is education and investment. To make those robots, you would need a vibrant steel industry, plastics and good infrastructure.

The Obama Administration’s Unprecedented Trade Enforcement Record | United States Trade Representative

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION’S TRADE ENFORCEMENT RECORD

• Since President Obama was inaugurated in 2009, the United States has filed 20 enforcement complaints at the World Trade Organization (WTO) – the chief world forum for trade enforcement. That’s more than any other WTO Member.
  • And the United States has won every single one of those disputes that has been decided by the WTO so far.
Republicans don't even talk about the WTO. Not sure they know what it is. And it's a shame the press doesn't even report on it.

And the GOP's opinion on education?

Actually, what Obama said was he wants everyone in the US to be able to get an education. That included trade schools and do on. He is always misquoted, but even if he said college, why is that "stupid"? This is why Red States are such a drag on the country.

i did say MANY of the same ideas .....did i not?.... since we cleared that up i dont believe for a minute that you would not be backing the guy,just being a democrat you have no choice but to be that loyal little turd you are,you cant help it,you will back him if they tell you too........and of course someone bad mouthing the GOP ....how can it get any better?....

As long as the majority of GOP positions are evil, I could never vote for them. Their hatred for minorities. Their ignorance. The things they say about everything from science to education. Only two or three good things aren't enough.

If Americans can tolerate liar of the yr as President I dont see any prob ...do you
I don't know what you are talking about. Trump gives more lies in one day than Obama has in 8 years.

It's going to be fascinating to watch a POTUS attend his own trial for fraud if Trump gets elected.

Bad news for The Donald on Super Tuesday as court rules N.Y. attorney general's Trump University fraud lawsuit can proceed
Court says A.G.'s Trump University fraud lawsuit can proceed

Forum List

Back