What Has Allah Brought The World?

Of course the bigots don't want to see how hypocritical they are being. Of course.

Oh they were real and there are millions of them. I've also been in drinking contests with Muslims from Yemen, gone to nudie bars (and of course had drinks there) with folks distantly related to the Saudi royal family, had drinks with folks from Indonesia, Iraq, Iran, Muslim communities from Arica and the former Yugoslavia, and many other places. Guess what? I've also had premarital sex with LOTS of Catholics, eaten bacon and hot dogs with Jews, and shared meals that included beef with Buddhists. People are people. Religious prescriptions are aspirations that most believers fall short of most of the time. The point is that they stand as goals people keep in mind as they try to better themselves.

I drank beer with my roommate, who was from Egypt while we were studying in Japan. He'd never had a beer at home and he felt kind of guilty about it. He tried alcohol on a few more occasions because of peer pressure from the one Chinese guy and one Nepali guy. I tried to be a bit more respectful of his beliefs since I knew he was still pretty serious (even if he would chase girls like crazy). He wouldn't eat pork, though. I'd cook Italian food, which is obviously often pork-heavy, so he would refuse to eat it. He also wouldn't eat anything that was cooked with alcohol. It took forever before I finally made something that he could eat (chicken dredged in flour and cooked in butter over some shiso).

I've also drank with a Bosnian, but he didn't seem to care at all. He even said to me, "Back home, we don't have any drinking games. Well, we have one. It's called 'Drink!' and everyone drinks. But that's not really a game; that's just being a man.

I am not surprised, the Bosnians usually are not as religious as the Muslims from the Middle East, I went to high school with a Bosnian kid whos parents were refugees, this kid would cut class with me, drink, smoke weed, chase girls, everything, he said he was a Muslim but he never prayed and he engaged in all this debauchery.

Yeah, and how many Catholics do you know who have had premarital sex (while using a condom no less)? How many Jews who enjoy a nice hot dog at the ball game? etc, etc, etc. People are people.

I drank beer with my roommate, who was from Egypt while we were studying in Japan. He'd never had a beer at home and he felt kind of guilty about it. He tried alcohol on a few more occasions because of peer pressure from the one Chinese guy and one Nepali guy. I tried to be a bit more respectful of his beliefs since I knew he was still pretty serious (even if he would chase girls like crazy). He wouldn't eat pork, though. I'd cook Italian food, which is obviously often pork-heavy, so he would refuse to eat it. He also wouldn't eat anything that was cooked with alcohol. It took forever before I finally made something that he could eat (chicken dredged in flour and cooked in butter over some shiso).

I've also drank with a Bosnian, but he didn't seem to care at all. He even said to me, "Back home, we don't have any drinking games. Well, we have one. It's called 'Drink!' and everyone drinks. But that's not really a game; that's just being a man.

I am not surprised, the Bosnians usually are not as religious as the Muslims from the Middle East, I went to high school with a Bosnian kid whos parents were refugees, this kid would cut class with me, drink, smoke weed, chase girls, everything, he said he was a Muslim but he never prayed and he engaged in all this debauchery.

Yeah, and how many Catholics do you know who have had premarital sex (while using a condom no less)? How many Jews who enjoy a nice hot dog at the ball game? etc, etc, etc. People are people.

Well the difference is there are no Catholic or Jewish countries that execute or inprison their citizens for having premarital sex or eating a hot dog, there are many Muslim countries where they would cut your dick off if you were Muslim and you were running around acting the fool fucking women, drinking and eating pork.

So you are saying that there are 'Muslim countries' with corrupt and oppressive governments? What a surprise. Can you think of a major belilef system that hasn't been involved in murderous oppression at some point?

Let me help you out: no, you can't.

Pick a major world religion, any one. Take a look at history and you'll find violence and oppression 'in the name of' the faith. Acceptable? Not at all. You know the hypocritical atheists around here love to say (cue whiny voice...), "Look what Christians used to do!...." As you say, there are no Christian theocracies lopping off body parts or pressing people to death for religious transgressions today. Look at all the horrifically failed attempts at imposing communism on people. Millions have died and been oppressed in the name of enforced atheism (although the atheists hate to admit this). Of course there have been and are today secualr regimes that are murderously oppressive as well. What's the constant? Murderous oppression. What's the point? Belief systems of any sort are merely forms and vehicles for the expression of the underlying human tendency to oppress and harm one another. It has been demonstrated time and time again that if religion is not so used, other means and excuses for controlling people and justifying violence are very readily siezed upon.

I can kill someone with a screwdriver. That doesn't mean screwdrivers are evil and meant for killing. In fact, they are a useful tool that can help us build important things. Villifying screwdrivers and screaming that they should be eliminated because they can be used the wrong way is just stupid. Righteously proclaiming that only flathead but not philipshead screwdrivers are evil and must be eliminated is even more foolish. Take away the killing part and the screwdriver is still very useful. Take away the screwdriver and you know damn well people will find another way to kill each other.

Last edited:
So you are saying that there are 'Muslim countries' with corrupt and oppressive governments? What a surprise. Can you think of a major belilef system that hasn't been involved in murderous oppression at some point?

Torah: "Proclaim Liberty Throughout The Land" Inscribed on the Liberty Bell http://www.nps.gov/inde/liberty-bell-center.htm

Now, even you know, stooge. :clap2:

Last edited:
I know you're a filthy anti-Semite, fool.

Who are the antisemites, psycho?:cuckoo:

Sahih Muslim Hadeeth: Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The last hour would not come unless the Muslims will fight against the Jews and the Muslims would kill them until the Jews would hide themselves behind a stone or a tree and a stone or a tree would say: Muslim, or the servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me; come and kill him; but the tree Gharqad would not say, for it is the tree of the Jews.

Quran: Say O Muhammad to the people of the Scripture: "Shall I inform you of something worse than that, regarding the recompense from Allâh: those Jews who incurred the Curse of Allâh and His Wrath, those of whom He transformed into monkeys and swines,

One of my teachers always described the Balkan wars as, "They were divided by the church they didn't attend." Still, he did describe himself as Muslim, which got some pretty interesting reactions from people (since he was tall and blonde).

My Egyptian roommate (last year) was much more devout. He'd still chase girls, though. That's one of the reasons he studied Japanese and went to Japan--there are a lot less restrictions on being with girls. But other than his constant flirting with girls, I couldn't call him a bad Muslim. He did all his daily prayers. He fasted for Ramadan. He generally avoided alcohol, pork and other forbidden things (he did try alcohol, but didn't enjoy it).

I've actually had nothing but positive experiences with Muslims, but I've never been good friends with any. It's probably because so much of my social life involves drinking and other than the Bosnian, I've never met a Muslim who regularly drank.

Hmmm...that doesn't look like an entire disagreement to me at all.
Religion was used, meaning the threats and the inducements in the Bible were used.

As I understand it, the Pope might have casually mentioned that anyone that participated in the quest to regain Jerusalem would be absolved of all sin...pretty powerful motive right there.

Alright. Then I disagree with your premise. People fight wars. Religion is just a MacGuffin.

"What Has Allah Brought The World?"

A healthy repsect from the POTUS:

"America and Islam are not exclusive and need not be in competition. Instead, they overlap, and share common principles of justice and progress, tolerance and the dignity of all human beings."

.....Barack Obama June 4th, 2009

One of my teachers always described the Balkan wars as, "They were divided by the church they didn't attend." Still, he did describe himself as Muslim, which got some pretty interesting reactions from people (since he was tall and blonde).

My Egyptian roommate (last year) was much more devout. He'd still chase girls, though. That's one of the reasons he studied Japanese and went to Japan--there are a lot less restrictions on being with girls. But other than his constant flirting with girls, I couldn't call him a bad Muslim. He did all his daily prayers. He fasted for Ramadan. He generally avoided alcohol, pork and other forbidden things (he did try alcohol, but didn't enjoy it).

I've actually had nothing but positive experiences with Muslims, but I've never been good friends with any. It's probably because so much of my social life involves drinking and other than the Bosnian, I've never met a Muslim who regularly drank.

Its funny when I see people in the US get all shocked when they see a blonde haired blue eyed Muslim from Bosnia or Chechnya, Islam is a religion and Muslims comes in all colors, ethnicities and cultures. Most people in the US picture Arabs when they think of Muslims, I heard a kid in high school ask an Indian sales clerk at the gas station if he "spoke Muslim".:doubt:

Its funny how Bosnians are I had the same experience with my Bosnian friend in high school, they say they are Muslim but for the most part they do want they want. My friend would get in a shitload of trouble if he behaved this way in a Muslim land.

"What Has Allah Brought The World?"

A healthy repsect from the POTUS:

"America and Islam are not exclusive and need not be in competition. Instead, they overlap, and share common principles of justice and progress, tolerance and the dignity of all human beings."

.....Barack Obama June 4th, 2009

Not much respect from Winston Churchill and Churchill is one of the most admired figures of the 20th century. Obama, not so much. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallup's_List_of_Most_Widely_Admired_People_of_the_20th_Century

How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy.

The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live.

A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property, either as a child, a wife, or a concubine, must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men.

Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it.

No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science, the science against which it had vainly struggled, the civilization of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilization of ancient Rome.

Last edited:
Its funny when I see people in the US get all shocked when they see a blonde haired blue eyed Muslim from Bosnia or Chechnya, Islam is a religion and Muslims comes in all colors, ethnicities and cultures. Most people in the US picture Arabs when they think of Muslims, I heard a kid in high school ask an Indian sales clerk at the gas station if he "spoke Muslim".:doubt:

Wow. That's just dumb. Most people never think of Indonesia as the world's largest Muslim nation.

Its funny how Bosnians are I had the same experience with my Bosnian friend in high school, they say they are Muslim but for the most part they do want they want. My friend would get in a shitload of trouble if he behaved this way in a Muslim land.

That's true. Although, it's not limited to Muslims. A lot of people would get in a ton of trouble if they behaved the same way back in their native countries as they do in America. I know some Vietnamese people who are the same way.

Wow. That's just dumb. Most people never think of Indonesia as the world's largest Muslim nation.

That's true. Although, it's not limited to Muslims. A lot of people would get in a ton of trouble if they behaved the same way back in their native countries as they do in America. I know some Vietnamese people who are the same way.

Hell, a lot of Ameircans would get in trouble if they acted the same way back home as they do when abroad. Something about young people and being abroad.

YOU. I just told you. Pay attention you stupid fucking anti-Semite.

So, you know who the antisemites are, right, psycho?

I know YOU are chief among them, shitbag.

You know who the antisemites are, right, psycho?

Sahih Bukhari Hadeeth...
The Day of Judgment will not have come until you fight with the Jews, and the stones and the trees behind which a Jew will be hiding will say: 'O Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me, come and kill him!

Forum List

Back