🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What Has The Government Done For You?

Gold isn't used as a currency anywhere in the world. It's a failure, as far as currency goes.

Wrong, gold is the best currency every conceived. Gold keeps government from debasing the currency. That's why every govenrment kills it as soon as it's able to.

True. He lived in the County, so he didn't pay City taxes. Since he didn't pay taxes, he had to pay a fee, if he wanted service. That's the model all for-profit firefighters follow, right? No fee, no service?

No, a private fire department would have put out the fire and sent him a bill. They aren't assholes forced to follow absurd regulations to the letter like government employees are.

As usual, you blame the free market for the crimes of government.

A war he had no business waging? So you think he should have just let the southern states succeed from the union? That's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Yes, that's exactly what he should have done.

What's dumb about it?

one-hundred-100-dollar-bill.jpg

Money

I hope this one's a joke.

No. Dollars are printed and backed by the US government.

:thup:

And worth the paper it's printed on in lieu of US government. That's what cracks me up about people who prattle on and on about the government "Taking" "Their money."

Living with a sense of appreciation is not only more authentic, it leads to a greater sense of happiness. You spend less time feeling angry, afraid, defensive and resentful.

Just like cattle headed down the chute to the abattoir, eh?

What has ___________ done for you sounds alot more like charity and/or entitlements. Of which I receive none. I have paid taxes for the last 28 years of my life and am only in my mid-40's. Anything the Government provides me I have paid my share of.

Yeah... It's almost like you _are_ the government in a strange sort of way, huh?

My counter is that the the founders strongly believed in equal rights for all. If they had declared that African Americans were free when they founded the country, the civil war would have happened in the late 1700's.

There was never going to be a peaceful resolution to this issue. The Northern States relied heavily on the Southern States and vice versa for economic reasons. If they had split apart, then it would have been devastating for both in the long run. Lincoln knew that and he also knew that the issue of slavery had to be dealt with.

Horse manure. Lincoln wasn't opposed to slavery. He was a racist who despised blacks. he wanted to send them all back to Africa. The Civil War was not fought over slavery. It was fought over tariffs.

“I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in anyway the social and political equality of the white and black races – that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race. I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied everything.”

by:

Abraham Lincoln
(1809-1865) 16th US President
Source:

Fourth Debate with Stephen A. Douglas at Charleston, Illinois, September 18, 1858
(The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln edited by Roy P. Basler, Volume III, pp. 145-146.)

“Tyrants would distribute largess, a bushel of wheat, a gallon of wine, and a sesterce: and then everybody would shamelessly cry, "Long live the King!" The fools did not realize that they were merely recovering a portion of their own property, and that their ruler could not have given them what they were receiving without having first taken it from them.” - Étienne de la Boétie

And this is an example of Lincoln not being evil? Stealing from the people that which he did not earn?

This is an epic fail...

Lincoln proposed an income tax to pay for the war against the confederacy. Yeah, you actually have to pay for wars. That's something modern day Republicans do not understand.

If you can put medicare and SS on the credit card, you can with wars too!

Actually SS is not on the credit card... In fact, it's collateral for the credit card.

And worth the paper it's printed on in lieu of US government. That's what cracks me up about people who prattle on and on about the government "Taking" "Their money."

So everything I earn really belongs to the government because it prints the notes my pay is denominated in?

You are truly a first class, grade-A moron.

So everything I earn really belongs to the government because it prints the notes my pay is denominated in?

Of course you utterly miss the point. At least you're in character.

Last edited:

Of course you utterly miss the point. At least you're in character.

what is the point?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back