What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean because there are only white citizens in this country, race baiting dickhead. And you really are a douche. He's talking about the ability to function here in English. Not making them deny their heritage.

Except he didn't say "ability to speak English", he said "assimilate".

Hey, maybe we should eliminate St. Paddy's Day, Oktoberfest, Columbus Day and the Polish Parade here in Chicago because, hey, those people need to "assimilate", right?

If you can't speak or read English, guess what? You're not assimilating very well. If the country has to accommodate you for that reason, you are not assimilating very well. If you are a NYC cab driver, and refuse to pick up fares because they have a pet with them due to your religion, you are not assimilating very well.

Or maybe we feel that they are not assimilating in our country very well and need more time.
/——/ We restricted immigrants for decades so the ones here could assimilate. The Immigration Act of 1924 created a quota system that restricted entry to 2 percent of the total number of people of each nationality in America as of the 1890 national census–a system that favored immigrants from Western Europe–and prohibited immigrants from Asia.

Well the left feels this kind of thing has never happened before---only with Trump.

The changes taking place because of foreigners is obvious. It's time to stop migration until at least everybody can speak and read the language here.

I think immigration should be tied to their ability to support themselves rather than quotas. You come here, support yourself for seven years, you can become a citizen. They aren't going to be able to do that if they don't learn to speak English

I agree, but talking with people close to the border (I've never been there) the problem they have are illegals crowding 12 people into a two family home or apartment. That brings down property value. So they can work at McDonald's part time and still make claim of supporting themselves. The other problem is anchor babies. Come here and have a bunch of kids, and then you can share in their welfare plus be able to make claim they need you here because they are little Americans that cannot support themselves.

Those are real issues that need to be solved. We have a better chance to do that though if people can only come legally

Well some of them are coming legally and that's what they do. Again, no first hand experience, but just going by what people who live in the area tell me.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
As amusing as it is to watch Kaz's weird fascination with me, let's get back to the subject at hand.

The reason why we have an illegal immigration problem is because there are jobs Americans just simply do not want to do, no matter how much you pay them.

That's it. Americans don't want to work in sweatshops. They don't want to pick lettuce for 8 hours a day under the hot sun.

So there are some very simple ways to solve these problems without building walls or putting kids in a concentration camp.

1) Develop a National ID system. You can't get work without the National ID, which links to a database that will have your picture and thumbprint in it so it can't be faked.

2) Have ICE concentrate its efforts on workplace enforcement. The reality is, only a few employers are the bad apples, and if you make an example out of them, the rest will follow.

3) Create a Guest Worker Program like Germany has. Migrants can come here without their families for a set period of time to work as needed by certain industries. At the end of their period, they have to go home.

Of course, since our anger on this issue isn't based on rationality, these things won't be done. The One Percent want illegals for cheap labor,and they want to keep guys like Ray mad about it so they won't notice the screwing they are getting.

A national ID? You people bitch about a Voter-ID.

ICE is concentrating on places that hire illegals. As I have posted, we recently had two busts here resulting in nearly 250 arrests. We've never seen that before under DumBama. However that's much more difficult to do if you have some liberal bimbo Mayor that warns the illegals before the raids take place.

We already have a guest worker program; had it for years. Next?

Yes, there is a simply way to solve this problem without walls: anybody caught here illegally faces a minimum 5 years in prison and of course, immediate deportation when they get out. If you get out and come back again, a minimum 10 years in prison.

We'll do just fine without them. The shorter the labor, the higher the wage offerings. On one hand you people on the left complain that the middle-class is shrinking, and on the other you claim we need imports to do jobs because every single American is working today. Well.......the labor force participation rate doesn't reflect that. When people really need to get work done, they will increase their offers.

Again, most of the jobs these folks do, Americans simply don't want to do.

They don't want to clean toilets or pick lettuce.

The middle class is not shrinking because immigrants are taking the awful jobs. It is shrinking because the one percenters are out there cutting wages and benefits.

Even if that were true, wages and benefits would go up if the workforce is so low an employer simply can't find workers for what he or she is offering. They would have no choice; hire people one way or another or close up.

You on the left are obsessed with this idea the only thing coming over that border are lettuce pickers. They are in all kinds of fields of work. The CB radio used to be active all day long. Today, if it goes off about eight to ten times, it was a busy day. I understand that technology has left the radio behind, but in many cases, it's because we have so many foreign drivers that don't have a radio because they can't understand the damn thing.

It is estimated we have over 12 million illegals in this country. Some say it's closer to 20 million. I can't imagine that the only work 20 million people have is picking lettuce.

Bad actors influence others as well. One of our customers just got rid of their shipper. The guy came to work explicitly to make problems for everybody. I hated to pickup there, but it was not only me, other drivers from other companies told me how they hated dealing with this Ahole. In fact some years ago, a driver punched him out he got so pissed; probably lost his job too.

Oh, racist, it seems like everywhere you drive, there are people with problems. Union guys, minorities...

Has it ever occurred to you it's just you?

Where did I say he was a minority? See how you dream up this bullshit?

As amusing as it is to watch Kaz's weird fascination with me, let's get back to the subject at hand.

The reason why we have an illegal immigration problem is because there are jobs Americans just simply do not want to do, no matter how much you pay them.

That's it. Americans don't want to work in sweatshops. They don't want to pick lettuce for 8 hours a day under the hot sun.

So there are some very simple ways to solve these problems without building walls or putting kids in a concentration camp.

1) Develop a National ID system. You can't get work without the National ID, which links to a database that will have your picture and thumbprint in it so it can't be faked.

2) Have ICE concentrate its efforts on workplace enforcement. The reality is, only a few employers are the bad apples, and if you make an example out of them, the rest will follow.

3) Create a Guest Worker Program like Germany has. Migrants can come here without their families for a set period of time to work as needed by certain industries. At the end of their period, they have to go home.

Of course, since our anger on this issue isn't based on rationality, these things won't be done. The One Percent want illegals for cheap labor,and they want to keep guys like Ray mad about it so they won't notice the screwing they are getting.

A national ID? You people bitch about a Voter-ID.

ICE is concentrating on places that hire illegals. As I have posted, we recently had two busts here resulting in nearly 250 arrests. We've never seen that before under DumBama. However that's much more difficult to do if you have some liberal bimbo Mayor that warns the illegals before the raids take place.

We already have a guest worker program; had it for years. Next?

Yes, there is a simply way to solve this problem without walls: anybody caught here illegally faces a minimum 5 years in prison and of course, immediate deportation when they get out. If you get out and come back again, a minimum 10 years in prison.
All foreign nationals in the US should have a federal id. regardless. Applied capitalism can make it happen via a fee or a fine.

How, really really serious is the right wing about our alleged "Invasion"?

Second Amendment related laws take precedence over immigration laws, when it is really really serious.

10USC246 is such a federal law.

Trump says one thing today and does the opposite tomorrow. A year or so ago he was supporting a plan to cut immigration in half.
Trump Supports Plan to Cut Legal Immigration by Half

I've conversed with a lot people about illegal immigration and the one thing that stands out is that most people that feel strongly about stopping illegal immigration think legal immigration should be reduced or abolished. They just don't want all those Hispanics, Africans, and Asians in their country regardless of how they got here.

Or maybe we feel that they are not assimilating in our country very well and need more time.
/——/ We restricted immigrants for decades so the ones here could assimilate. The Immigration Act of 1924 created a quota system that restricted entry to 2 percent of the total number of people of each nationality in America as of the 1890 national census–a system that favored immigrants from Western Europe–and prohibited immigrants from Asia.

Well the left feels this kind of thing has never happened before---only with Trump.

The changes taking place because of foreigners is obvious. It's time to stop migration until at least everybody can speak and read the language here.

The Know-Nothing party is gone. Let it go or join it in the dustbin.

They're gone? They don't have a majority in Congress? They don't have a majority in the Senate? They don't own the White House? They don't have 2/3 of the Governorships across the country?

If that's what you consider gone, then I hope they go away more next election.

You already told me your max salary was $80K. Now you make less than $25K. It's not the money I can't afford, that's for sure. I wouldn't do you to my staff though.

No, guy, your comprehension is messed up. I currently make 80K a year

You're right, that is what you said. Coincidentally you said you did $80K a day in invoices pushing paper, I mixed up the $80K's. Do you know when people make up numbers, they tend to do it in a pattern?

BTW, $80K isn't that much in Chicago. It's OK

I work two jobs and pull down over 80K a year

So what's your second job? Test subject. Cadaver?

Yeah, the reasons may be different, but that's what it's like firing people. I keep it short and factual. Leftists of course say, don't you care about people? They have families. First of all of course in their typical style, leftists are telling me what to do with my money, not what they are doing with theirs. Second, of course I care about their family. But they should have cared more about their own family and tried harder.

again, you are a bottom feeder who doesn't even offer health insurance.

Managers who think they can fire their way to a better workplace usually have teams with shitty morale. Who wants to work at a place where you can be fired on a whim?

Again you are a "resume writer" who knows nothing about business.

You don't get insurance in addition to full salary. Jobs pay a fixed total amount. Whether it comes as medical insurance, healthcare contributions, salary, whatever.

If I didn't pay market compensation, I wouldn't have had employees.

Let's say your compensation to make up a number is $80K. Now would you rather have:

$70K in salary and $10K in benefits ...

... or ...

$80K in salary.

Joe: :desk::desk::desk:

Joe: $70K + $10K, that's greater than $80K !!!

Dumb ass. I'm not paying more than market wages, and my employees aren't working for less than market wages. All you're droning on about is again just that you know zero about business.

Now, do you want me to explain price and cost to you again?

You mean because there are only white citizens in this country, race baiting dickhead. And you really are a douche. He's talking about the ability to function here in English. Not making them deny their heritage.

Except he didn't say "ability to speak English", he said "assimilate".

Hey, maybe we should eliminate St. Paddy's Day, Oktoberfest, Columbus Day and the Polish Parade here in Chicago because, hey, those people need to "assimilate", right?

A professional writer, that cracks me up.

I think you're confusing assimilate with conform. You're using the word assimilate, but you obviously thinking of conforming. Assimilate just means they can function here. Conforming would mean they become like us.

I sure have to explain the English language a lot to you. Odd considering you write professionally. Remember how you didn't know how to capitalize? That was painful teaching you that. Ray's still running circles around you

...I've conversed with a lot people about illegal immigration and the one thing that stands out is that most people that feel strongly about stopping illegal immigration think legal immigration should be reduced or abolished. They just don't want all those Hispanics, Africans, and Asians in their country regardless of how they got here.
Hispanics advocate for themselves.

Blacks advocate for themselves.

Asians advocate for themselves.

Same with Whites.

We're all "racist"... it's just a matter of how that impacts relations with others, and how that impacts our sense of what's fair and what is not.

The reason why we have an illegal immigration problem is because there are jobs Americans just simply do not want to do, no matter how much you pay them

That's such a lie. Of course people will work for market wages. What Americans (black or white) won't do is work for wages under market rates. You push wages below market rates by importing millions of poor illegal aliens from a third world shit hole country who will do it for less.

Democrats have repeated that lie so many times that you actually believe it

I think immigration should be tied to their ability to support themselves rather than quotas. You come here, support yourself for seven years, you can become a citizen. They aren't going to be able to do that if they don't learn to speak English

I agree, but talking with people close to the border (I've never been there) the problem they have are illegals crowding 12 people into a two family home or apartment. That brings down property value. So they can work at McDonald's part time and still make claim of supporting themselves. The other problem is anchor babies. Come here and have a bunch of kids, and then you can share in their welfare plus be able to make claim they need you here because they are little Americans that cannot support themselves.

Those are real issues that need to be solved. We have a better chance to do that though if people can only come legally

Well some of them are coming legally and that's what they do. Again, no first hand experience, but just going by what people who live in the area tell me.

It takes different amounts of time for sure. I had a neighbor growing up who had a thick German accent. He wouldn't speak a word of German though. He said he came to the United States to be an American and speak English.

Anyway, they're all individuals, I agree on that. Some will be faster and some slower. As a whole though, legals assimilate on average a lot faster. Remember they aren't like illegals in that they are required to earn a living ... legally ...

BTW, America is far better at assimilation than Europe. Including with Muslims. In Europe, they are virtually in all Muslim districts. We have Muslim areas, but as a whole they are far better spread out. Our law enforcement also gets a lot more tips from Muslims than European law enforcement does

...I've conversed with a lot people about illegal immigration and the one thing that stands out is that most people that feel strongly about stopping illegal immigration think legal immigration should be reduced or abolished. They just don't want all those Hispanics, Africans, and Asians in their country regardless of how they got here.
Hispanics advocate for themselves.

Blacks advocate for themselves.

Asians advocate for themselves.

Same with Whites.

We're all "racist"... it's just a matter of how that impacts relations with others, and how that impacts our sense of what's fair and what is not.

Yep. If you tell a Democrat that most all blacks vote Democrat, they will tell you that it's because blacks are looking out for their self-interest. If you tell people you voted for Trump because he's white and is for your self-interest, you're a racist.

Yeah, the reasons may be different, but that's what it's like firing people. I keep it short and factual. Leftists of course say, don't you care about people? They have families. First of all of course in their typical style, leftists are telling me what to do with my money, not what they are doing with theirs. Second, of course I care about their family. But they should have cared more about their own family and tried harder.

again, you are a bottom feeder who doesn't even offer health insurance.

Managers who think they can fire their way to a better workplace usually have teams with shitty morale. Who wants to work at a place where you can be fired on a whim?

Again you are a "resume writer" who knows nothing about business.

You don't get insurance in addition to full salary. Jobs pay a fixed total amount. Whether it comes as medical insurance, healthcare contributions, salary, whatever.

Let's say your compensation to make up a number is $80K. Now would you rather have:

... or ...

$80K in salary.

Dumb ass. I'm not paying more than market wages, and my employees aren't working for less than market wages. All you're droning on about is again just that you know zero about business.

I would rather have 10K in benefits. Benefits are not taxed and by not having that in your paycheck, it brings down your tax rate. It's one of the many failures of Commie Care. Now, you have to pay for insurance with after tax money that you won't likely be able to write-off.

If you can't speak or read English, guess what? You're not assimilating very well. If the country has to accommodate you for that reason, you are not assimilating very well. If you are a NYC cab driver, and refuse to pick up fares because they have a pet with them due to your religion, you are not assimilating very well.

Why would anyone want a smelly animal in their cab?

We make all sorts of accommedation for American's religion. Shit, you guys want to make it legal for people to refuse service because they don't like someone else's sex life.

Of do you think rights are only for white christian people...

Never mind, no need to answer.

I sure have to explain the English language a lot to you. Odd considering you write professionally. Remember how you didn't know how to capitalize? That was painful teaching you that. Ray's still running circles around you

Uh, guy, you are getting the level of proofreading I get for not being paid...

Now if you pay me, maybe I'd take more time... but frankly, the very fact you stalk me like a bitter ex-girlfriend is payment enough.

Okay, see, here's the thing... I understand business better than you do.

People don't get insurance because they are taking advantage of it by choice... they get it because if they have that one catastrophic illness, they'll be covered.

Or they would be if big insurance didn't try to cheat them, but that's another conversation.

So really, you can't get QUALITY employees if you don't offer insurance. I mean, maybe you'd get a kid who doesn't know any better, but grownups know that's the cost of admission.

So let's look at your retarded ass example.

... or ...

$80K in salary.

No, captain retard... what would I rather have is insurance.

Here's why. Let's use your example. I get 80K. Not that a bottom feeder like you could pay anyone 80K, but let's pretend.

And then a year after I work for you, I find out I have cancer. Whoops. Gee, what does Cancer treatment cost?

https://health.usnews.com/health-ne...-worry-about-rising-costs-of-cancer-treatment

Just the DRUGS cost more than your difference. We aren't even talking about the testing, etc.

And of course, being the kind of douche bag you are, you'd probably try to get rid of that employee when they took too many doctor's appointment. (This was exactly the issue I had with a former employer, the one who cured me of being Republican.)

Why, you didn't make a point last time.

That's such a lie. Of course people will work for market wages. What Americans (black or white) won't do is work for wages under market rates. You push wages below market rates by importing millions of poor illegal aliens from a third world shit hole country who will do it for less.

Democrats have repeated that lie so many times that you actually believe it

Um, no, because I've seen it.

Let's go back to the Company that cured me of being a Republican. Now, this all happened after I left, but several employees told me about it.

This company used to hire day laborers (Mexican) to do tedious tasks of packaging kits for us. It was through a "temp agency", so they had "plausible deniability".

Then they got bought out by a bigger, publicly traded company. The first thing they did was put down a mandate everyone working the scrub jobs had to have papers. so the day laborers were gone and they replaced them with white people. Except the only white people they could find were meth heads who usually didn't last a week.

From what I was told, some of these folks were genuinely scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back