What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Undocumented immigrant is a euphemism and a lie ...

So is 'illegal alien' - it's a euphemism for "someone who might do my job for less money".
Yes, if you're a picker, domestic worker, a semiskilled worker in the construction or stand in front of Home Depot looking for temporary work. The solution is relatively simple but controversial. Allow undocumented immigrants to apply for legal status. Then employers will have to pay the going rate for the job and won't be able to hire people below minimum wage.

Haha...more backwards ass LefTard logic.
“Don’t enforce the law...just take the law off the books.”
“Don’t arrest the guy dealing heroin to our kids...just make heroin legal instead.”
Haha...holy shit...only in LibTardia!

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
I think what you are seeing is undocumented immigrants that exist in many families of legal immigrants. Undocumented immigrant do not assimilate primarily because they are undocumented. They live in a subculture dominated by secrecy and fear. They have to avoid associating with strangers, joining organizations that would call attentions to themselves. Avoid employment in places that are unsafe. Avoid the police. Keep their children away from other kids believed to be unsafe. Stay in areas where their are many Latinos. Also, family members that are legal citizens have to be careful not to expose the family to unwanted attention. This is why so many undocumented immigrants hope to return someday to their country of origin so they can be free of the fear. As the Mexican economy has improved over the last few years, many are doing just that.

Assimilation is one of the major benefits of legalization. Millions of people would be able to join the America culture, improve their education, get better jobs, open new businesses, and take part in their community.
No such things as "undocumented immigrants" The correct term to identify these invaders is >> "ILLEGAL ALIENS" They are neither "undocumented", nor are they "immigrants"

I've met thousands of them in 4 different states of the US (New York, Tennessee, California, and Florida). They have plenty of documents. I've spoken to them (in Spanish), and they (construction workers and janitors) have company photo ID cards, library cards, etc, etc

And they are not immigrants. Immigrants are people like my ancestors, who went through an official process of immigration with US immigration authorities.

In the words of the late Professor George Grayson, of William & Mary College in Virginia, a scholar in Mexican-American relations, >>

"To call an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant", is about equivalent to calling a bank robber "an informal withdrawl agent"

But isn't it interesting hw you show so much sympathy for the illegal alien, while showing zero sympathy for the American citizens enduring the longlist of harms that these invaders bring to us.

Harms of Immigration

1. Americans lose jobs. (especially Whites due to affirmative action).

2. Wage reduction.

3. Tax $ lost (due to off books work + lower wages paid).

4. Remittance $$$ lost. ($138 Billion/year).

5. Tax $$ lost to immigrants on welfare.

6. Increased crime.

7. Increased traffic congestion.

8. Increased pollution.

9. Overcrowding in hospital ERs.

10. Overcrowding in recreational facilities.

11. Overcrowding in government offices.

12. Overcrowding in schools.

13. Decrease in funds available for entitlements.

14. Cultural erosion.

15. Overuse of scarce resources (oil, gasoline, fresh water, jobs, electricity, food, etc)

16. Introduction of foreign diseases

17. Influx of terrorists

Undocumented Immigrant is the correct term because:
  • Undocumented refers to the lack of genuine documentation of the right to be in a country. The presence of a person in a country is not illegal until a court makes that decision.
  • The word immigrant means a person who comes to live permanently in a foreign country with or without property documentation.
Having undocumented immigrants in the country does have some undeniably negative effects which the left would like to ignore. Likewise there are benefits that the right prefers to ignore. However, we should question how much of the negative effects are due to the lack of upward mobility and lack of absorption into our culture which is a direct result of being undocumented. Without upward mobility and absorption, undocumented immigrants are frozen into a subculture that is unhealthy for them and the nation.

Undocumented immigrant is a euphemism and a lie because documentation has nothing to do with it. If you document them, they are still an illegal alien. The problem is they are criminals who violated sovereign US territory. The problem is not that they didn't leave a paper trail when they did it.

So just to be clear, if I embezzle money, that's fine as long as I "document" it, right? You're just the flat out dumbest people
Documentation has everything to do with it because documentation comes from the government as proof of the right to be in this country. If Congress changes the laws and to make undocumented immigrants legal residents, they will receive documentation proving their right to be here

IF YOU DOCUMENT THEM, THEY ARE STILL ILLEGAL ALIENS.

What about that don't you understand? If you document them, then they are a documented illegal alien. Being illegally in this country has nothing to do with the crime they committed. Here, I wrote the name of the illegal alien on this piece of paper, Flopper. Wow, they're documented now and still a criminal ...

We've documented the shit out of all the criminals in prison, and guess what, they are still criminals despite all the "documentation" ...

Using your example it the government declares that embezzlement is not crime, you can not be arrested for embezzlement. It may be morally wrong but won't be illegal.

That has nothing to do with my "example." It's completely inane just like the guy who wrote it
Apparently, you do not understand my point. I'm not saying we just give documentation to undocumented immigrants. That would never work. I'm saying we provide them documentation because congress makes undocumented immigrants, legal residents.

Then they will be able assimilate within our society, serve in military, get more education, get jobs based on their skills, open businesses. There kids will be able to stay in school and finish high school, and even attend college. In other words, we allow them to become productive members of society.

Last edited:
The fact is that the Alt Right hates any immigrant, legal as well as illegal, and those of color in particular.

So is 'illegal alien' - it's a euphemism for "someone who might do my job for less money".

They are illegal

They are an alien

Being an illegal alien is a crime.

Explain what's misleading about that

Ok. It's misleading because the pussies who are so freaked out by immigrants aren't concerned about national security. They're just cowards who want to thwart their competition via government.

We're talking about illegal aliens, not "immigrants," leftist hack Democrat

They are illegal

They are an alien

Being an illegal alien is a crime.

Explain what's misleading about that

Ok. It's misleading because the pussies who are so freaked out by immigrants aren't concerned about national security. They're just cowards who want to thwart their competition via government.

You wouldn’t understand...you see, ALL good, decent people are “freaked out” by higher crime rates, traffic on highways, uninsured drivers, packed emergency rooms, overcrowded schools, overused public services such as fire and police, $12,000 to birth each anchor baby of the massive litter, $11,000 per year to school the anchor, Modello cans and shitty diapers littering our beaches and roadways, wetback flags flying on our soil, stray pit bulls throughout the filthy barrios, standing in line with jibber-jabber speaking illiterates at the grocery store...etc etc
Are you starting to get it yet?
Do you LefTards always prefer to live among the filthiest of people? Do you love to live in disgusting ghettos and barrios among criminals and immoral thirdworlders?

He's just shilling for the Democrat party. He doesn't even know what he's saying. He thinks we're talking about "immigrants." He doesn't grasp the difference between an illegal alien and an immigrant. He doesn't grasp the difference between a shop lifter and a customer. He doesn't understand the difference between a burglar in your house and a guest you invited for dinner.

dblack's an idiot like the rest of the Democrat party. When you trap him by talking about facts and logic and things like that, knowing he has nothing else he starts talking about racism

Yes, if you're a picker, domestic worker, a semiskilled worker in the construction or stand in front of Home Depot looking for temporary work. The solution is relatively simple but controversial. Allow undocumented immigrants to apply for legal status. Then employers will have to pay the going rate for the job and won't be able to hire people below minimum wage.

Or just throw them and their families asses out of this country.

That's what businesses want, more criminals available for hire. At least you admit your support of illegal immigration

The fact is that the progressive left hates legal immigrants, but loves lawlessness, particularly by those of color, is duly noted

No such things as "undocumented immigrants" The correct term to identify these invaders is >> "ILLEGAL ALIENS" They are neither "undocumented", nor are they "immigrants"

I've met thousands of them in 4 different states of the US (New York, Tennessee, California, and Florida). They have plenty of documents. I've spoken to them (in Spanish), and they (construction workers and janitors) have company photo ID cards, library cards, etc, etc

And they are not immigrants. Immigrants are people like my ancestors, who went through an official process of immigration with US immigration authorities.

In the words of the late Professor George Grayson, of William & Mary College in Virginia, a scholar in Mexican-American relations, >>

"To call an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant", is about equivalent to calling a bank robber "an informal withdrawl agent"

But isn't it interesting hw you show so much sympathy for the illegal alien, while showing zero sympathy for the American citizens enduring the longlist of harms that these invaders bring to us.

Harms of Immigration

1. Americans lose jobs. (especially Whites due to affirmative action).

2. Wage reduction.

3. Tax $ lost (due to off books work + lower wages paid).

4. Remittance $$$ lost. ($138 Billion/year).

5. Tax $$ lost to immigrants on welfare.

6. Increased crime.

7. Increased traffic congestion.

8. Increased pollution.

9. Overcrowding in hospital ERs.

10. Overcrowding in recreational facilities.

11. Overcrowding in government offices.

12. Overcrowding in schools.

13. Decrease in funds available for entitlements.

14. Cultural erosion.

15. Overuse of scarce resources (oil, gasoline, fresh water, jobs, electricity, food, etc)

16. Introduction of foreign diseases

17. Influx of terrorists

Undocumented Immigrant is the correct term because:
  • Undocumented refers to the lack of genuine documentation of the right to be in a country. The presence of a person in a country is not illegal until a court makes that decision.
  • The word immigrant means a person who comes to live permanently in a foreign country with or without property documentation.
Having undocumented immigrants in the country does have some undeniably negative effects which the left would like to ignore. Likewise there are benefits that the right prefers to ignore. However, we should question how much of the negative effects are due to the lack of upward mobility and lack of absorption into our culture which is a direct result of being undocumented. Without upward mobility and absorption, undocumented immigrants are frozen into a subculture that is unhealthy for them and the nation.

Undocumented immigrant is a euphemism and a lie because documentation has nothing to do with it. If you document them, they are still an illegal alien. The problem is they are criminals who violated sovereign US territory. The problem is not that they didn't leave a paper trail when they did it.

So just to be clear, if I embezzle money, that's fine as long as I "document" it, right? You're just the flat out dumbest people
Documentation has everything to do with it because documentation comes from the government as proof of the right to be in this country. If Congress changes the laws and to make undocumented immigrants legal residents, they will receive documentation proving their right to be here

IF YOU DOCUMENT THEM, THEY ARE STILL ILLEGAL ALIENS.

What about that don't you understand? If you document them, then they are a documented illegal alien. Being illegally in this country has nothing to do with the crime they committed. Here, I wrote the name of the illegal alien on this piece of paper, Flopper. Wow, they're documented now and still a criminal ...

We've documented the shit out of all the criminals in prison, and guess what, they are still criminals despite all the "documentation" ...

Using your example it the government declares that embezzlement is not crime, you can not be arrested for embezzlement. It may be morally wrong but won't be illegal.

That has nothing to do with my "example." It's completely inane just like the guy who wrote it
Apparently, you do not understand my point. I'm not saying we just give documentation to undocumented immigrants. That would never work. I'm saying we provide them documentation because congress makes undocumented immigrants, legal residents.

Then they will be able assimilate within our society, serve in military, get more education, get jobs based on their skills, open businesses. There kids will be able to stay in school and finish high school, and even attend college. In other words, we allow them to become productive members of society.

People in prison have had the shit documented out of them. So why can't they leave? You just want to document criminals coming in from Mexico, why doesn't documenting other criminals make their crimes OK?

I think I get the problem with tax fraud. By not declaring something, we haven't documented it. Flopper's pointing out that the problem wasn't paying the taxes, it's not documenting the fraud.

I'm looking forward to Flopper documenting the writeoffs he isn't entitled to and testing his theory and sending it in to the IRS.

before:

Taxpayer doesn't declare $20K in overseas income, evades $6,000 in taxes. Gets arrested.

now:

Dear IRS. This is Flopper. I wanted to document that I am not paying taxes on $20,000 in overseas income. I didn't want you coming after me for not documenting it.

Yours truly, Flopper.

PS: A lot of the gas I wrote off as business expenses were actually for beer and cigarettes that I bought at the gas station.

Dear Flopper. This is the IRS. Thank you for the documentation of your tax fraud. That's all we ask, all's good.

“Don’t arrest the guy dealing heroin to our kids...just make heroin legal instead.”
When laws don't work, we change them. We had prohibition for over a decade, tried to use federal law enforcement, then local law enforcement. We closed up saloons, stopped shipments coming from outside the country, jailed saloon owners and bootleggers. After a decade, we came to our senses and changed the law and made the entire industry legal.

Illegal Immigration has been a problem now for over 60 years. Deportation and building fences and walls have never work and never will because most of the people in the country don't support it. In fact, a large percent of republicans about 35% and 90% of democrats don't agree with Trump. Six states and hundreds of cities and towns refuse to cooperate with the immigration service. To make our immigration laws work, we would need strong continuing support from both sides which we don't have. When Trump issue orders to change immigration policy around country, democrats will just reverse it when they get in power. We have to come up with new ideas, if not nothing is going change over the long run.

When laws don't work, we change them. We had prohibition for over a decade, tried to use federal law enforcement, then local law enforcement. We closed up saloons, stopped shipments coming from outside the country, jailed saloon owners and bootleggers. After a decade, we came to our senses and changed the law and made the entire industry legal.

Illegal Immigration has been a problem now for over 60 years. Deportation and building fences and walls have never work and never will because most of the people in the country don't support it. In fact, a large percent of republicans about 35% and 90% of democrats don't agree with Trump. Six states and hundreds of cities and towns refuse to cooperate with the immigration service. To make our immigration laws work, we would need strong continuing support from both sides which we don't have. When Trump issue orders to change immigration policy around country, democrats will just reverse it when they get in power. We have to come up with new ideas, if not nothing is going change over the long run.

You're not asking to "change" the law, you're arguing that since people are coming here illegally, make them legal. You're for unlimited illegal immigration, only you want to make it legal. That has nothing to do with "documentation"

Do you notice with immigration laws, you want to "change" them by eliminating them.

With gun laws, you want to change them by further restricting them. So out of curiosity, how do you decide when you want to change laws by eliminating them and when you want to change laws by restricting our Constitutional rights? Your formula seems to be whatever the Democrat party tells you to think. Is that it?

Yeah, how well has that worked. It's estimated that we have deported about 10 million people in the last hundred years. As the number of deportations have risen so have the number of undocumented immigrants residing in the US. Today it's what? 9 million, 11, million, 15 million? Nobody really knows.

Maybe, but the one thing Democrats won't be able to reverse is a wall; that's why they are fighting so hard against it.

We've been fighting illegal narcotics for over 60 years, and the problem is worse now than it's ever been. Is that a reason to scrap recreational narcotics laws?

You are right about one thing, and that is if laws don't work--change them. Make it more difficult to cross our borders, increase penalties on those who hire illegals, make first time crossers a felony carrying a minimum five year prison sentence if caught, greatly reduce Visa's and work permits, hold Mexico responsible for their people sneaking into our country.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Maybe, but the one thing Democrats won't be able to reverse is a wall; that's why they are fighting so hard against it.
Heh. What make you think it can't be reversed?

Do you notice with immigration laws, you want to "change" them by eliminating them.

With gun laws, you want to change them by further restricting them. So out of curiosity, how do you decide when you want to change laws by eliminating them and when you want to change laws by restricting our Constitutional rights? Your formula seems to be whatever the Democrat party tells you to think. Is that it?
No, I want to change them. I want to give legal status (not sure exactly what), to undocumented immigrants that can show they have resided in the country as of a certain date. The legalization period would only last a short period and would not be available to anyone convicted of a felony. I would provide a path to citizenship, increase work permits and quotas. Increase border security which would include fencing, walls, electronic surveillance, and additional personnel where needed. I would tighten laws on employing undocumented immigrants, enhance E-Verify and make it a hiring requirement. I would have a Visa tracking system that worked, require monitoring all detainees released on their on their on recognizance. And that's for starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back