🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What If a Nuke Was Set To Explode Tomorrow ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eighth amendment

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

No - Because torture doesn't work. The one being tortured will say whatever it takes to make it stop.

You ain't Jack Bauer - and neither is the CIA.

j_b__interrogation_technique_by_kersey475.jpg

8 million people would die, and we can assume by the question itself that:

A. normal interrogation techniques have not worked, or
B. There is not enough time for normal techniques to work,

Fuck the rules, put the dude on the rack and let the stretching begin!

YES, torture the dude, even if it's just for the fun of it! What the hell you got to lose?

Let me give you credit for one thing. You finally have admitted the real reason people support torture. It isn’t because it is effective, we have established that it isn’t. It is because you want to hurt the “enemy” and make him suffer. The problem is you don’t accomplish what you want. Oh you can make that one suffer, but then the next one hates you even more, and fights harder to kill you.
Throughout history, those who engage in torture find a way to justify it

I did it to save lives
They deserved it
They are not really human like we are

If the Bomb went off, nobody would give a shit what they did to the dude, if it didn’t, it was the result of the torture, and no one would give a shit how a million people were saved.

You can’t make this shit up. Dems hoping a million + mass killer is taken care off!

You folks are funnier then shit!
Democrats support our Constitution

Republicans only support it when it is convenient

You killed up to 8 Million fellow citizens. I think the founding fathers would have made an exception to the rule.

Let me give you credit for one thing. You finally have admitted the real reason people support torture. It isn’t because it is effective, we have established that it isn’t. It is because you want to hurt the “enemy” and make him suffer. The problem is you don’t accomplish what you want. Oh you can make that one suffer, but then the next one hates you even more, and fights harder to kill you.

You are an idiot. Look at my post dipshit. Normal interrogation failed!

Loony leftist!

Sorry Dude - Any and ALL attempts to gain intel via torture have FAILED as in BIGLY

There are help rooms to assist with your sadistic tendencies.

Look at my post. Everything failed idiot. To not try it as a last resort is simply stupid.

No - Because torture doesn't work. The one being tortured will say whatever it takes to make it stop.

YES, torture the dude, even if it's just for the fun of it! What the hell you got to lose?

Loony leftist!

You hold the key for really hurting the enemy. The attack comes in 24 hours. How long would it take you to betray your county and all you believe in?

Loony leftist!

Sorry Dude - Any and ALL attempts to gain intel via torture have FAILED as in BIGLY

Look at my post. Everything failed idiot. To not try it as a last resort is simply stupid.

READ FukNut

CIA nominee says torture doesn't work as interrogation tool

Loony leftist!

You hold the key for really hurting the enemy. The attack comes in 24 hours. How long would it take you to betray your county and all you believe in?

Loaded questions don’t make you look smarter, they make you look desperate.

Kinda like that video you posted earlier that claimed he was chased off a property because he was black, yet the camera and audio showed nothing of the sort.

You crack me up lightweight

Loony leftist!

READ FukNut

I don’t give a fuck what a political tool says, squeeze the dudes nuts long enough, he’ll sing like a bird.

Loony leftist!

Better to fight and die as a free man than live a slave.

When everything else fails (read it again moron), better to fail TRYING EVERYTHING, THEN LEAVING ANYTHING ON THE TABLE.

Loony leftist!

Loaded questions don’t make you look smarter, they make you look desperate.

Kinda like that video you posted earlier that claimed he was chased off a property because he was black, yet the camera and audio showed nothing of the sort.

You crack me up lightweight

Wait. You argue that you can make the terrorist talk in time to locate and defuse a bomb. One day was the OP. So are you saying you could hold out for a day if you were tortured to ensure a major victory for your side?

Loony leftist!

When everything else fails (read it again moron), better to fail TRYING EVERYTHING, THEN LEAVING ANYTHING ON THE TABLE.

So you are saying you couldn’t hold out for 24 hours to insure your side won a major victory?

Loony leftist!

So you are saying you couldn’t hold out for 24 hours to insure your side won a major victory?

Love how you flip it to me needing to hold out. What a complete loser won’t do to save face

But the question is not, would it be successful or not, the question was, if all else fails, would I?

And the answer is yes, and, yes it would work. Regardless of the hype, it does work, just ask the drug cartels. They use it, and no doubt at a high success rate.

If it didn’t work, no one would ever use it. Things that don’t work get thrown into the dust bin of history. This has not.

Next

Throughout history, those who engage in torture find a way to justify it

I did it to save lives
They deserved it
They are not really human like we are

If the Bomb went off, nobody would give a shit what they did to the dude, if it didn’t, it was the result of the torture, and no one would give a shit how a million people were saved.

You can’t make this shit up. Dems hoping a million + mass killer is taken care off!

You folks are funnier then shit!
Democrats support our Constitution

Republicans only support it when it is convenient

You killed up to 8 Million fellow citizens. I think the founding fathers would have made an exception to the rule.

They didn’t include exceptions when they wrote it

No cruel and unusual punishment unless facing nuclear anihilation

Loony leftist!

Love how you flip it to me needing to hold out. What a complete loser won’t do to save face

But the question is not, would it be successful or not, the question was, if all else fails, would I?

And the answer is yes, and, yes it would work. Regardless of the hype, it does work, just ask the drug cartels. They use it, and no doubt at a high success rate.

If it didn’t work, no one would ever use it. Things that don’t work get thrown into the dust bin of history. This has not.

Next

Pfui. You won’t answer the question. Why? Because you know that if you answer that you would talk, you are a traitor, and if you hold out, you’ve demonstrated that torture won’t work in the scenario given.

Because it doesn’t work. It is the least effective means of getting information. I’ve posted reports, studies, and the opinion of experts. People who have first hand knowledge and are expert at interrogating people.

Now, you break out the cartels. Are you suggesting that the Cartels are more effective than the Inquisition? Because the Inquisition got people to confess to being a witch, and naming other witches. Does that mean that there really were Witches? I know, another question you won’t answer.

The problem with stepping up to torture is that it eliminates all other options. Once you’ve escalated it to that point, there is no way to go back and start over with someone qualified to conduct the interrogation. Imagine you are in an argument, and you pull a gun. You can’t do anything else at that point. Either both walk away, or the shooting starts. You can’t continue the conversation you can’t reach a resolution, you’ve escalated to that point, there is no going back. Torture is the same thing. You cut off all the other options once you start it.

One of the links I posted was from the FBI Interrogators who were trying to interview the people who had been tortured before they got involved. The CIA had tortured them, and the FBI can’t make any progress? The why is obvious. There can be no connection when the subject has lost an eye to the interrogators, and yes, one of the “terrorists” lost an eye to the torture.

I can give you example after example, but you won’t listen. The reason is you don’t want the information, you want to hurt the Terrorists. You want to make them suffer. You want to hear them scream. You want to believe you can break them. If they do break, they will tell you anything they can think of to make the pain stop. It won’t be the truth, but they’ll try it.

Again, history clearly shows it. The Chinese today are using that kind of approach. As I pointed out in another response, their version of the Miranda warning is scream all you want, we don’t care. Eventually the subject will break, and confess, but you likely won’t get the truth.

You don’t start down that path, because once you do, all other options are gone. The best results are from experienced interrogators who are able to connect with the subject. They know the subject, they’ve studied the subject. They do not storm in and scream how much trouble the guy is in and how he better start talking now.

We know this from the Police who coerce false confessions out of people, and those people are later exonerated by DNA evidence. If you want the truth, and in this case the location of the bomb, then torture is just off the table before you begin. Otherwise, you will never find it. Oh you can console yourself that you tried everything. But the other stuff was never done seriously, because you always wanted to hear the baddie screaming in pain.

There are those who argue that the torture got bin Laden. But it really didn’t. Because the subjects lied about what they knew, and the truth was gotten from people who were not tortured. The CIA said that the lies told them a lot. But wait, didn’t you torture them to find the truth? I don’t understand.

So if we use that as a model, then even if you are successful in torturing the guy to start talking, then you can take it as read that anywhere he says the bomb is, well you can be sure it isn’t really there. Hell I can do that now.

Pfui. The entire argument for torture is based upon believe me arguments. Believe me, if you invest in AT&T you’re going to make a killing. Believe me. I didn’t sleep with your wife. You have no proof to back up the assertions other than screaming that I should use my head. But you see, I have used my head. I also remembered my training in the Army. When Army Intelligence people briefed us on how to handle prisoners we would be taking, and how to make sure the prisoners were ready for interrogation. Don’t give them food unless we were going to have them for at least half a day. Don’t give them cigarettes for the same time period. The Interrogators would use those to establish a basic beginning for the conversations. Give the prisoners water, and no matter what do not rough them up.

We had it stressed to us that besides being a violation of regulations, it made it incredibly difficult to question the prisoners later. But again, what would Army Intelligence know about questioning people?

So we have the FBI, Cops, Army Intelligence, and everyone else who is remotely considered competent, or expert, all agreeing on the best ways to question people. But they are all wrong. They are all wrong and YOU are right.

Someone here is completely full of shit. Perhaps you should take a laxative and reduce the amount.

the definition of cruel and unusual punishment

Punishment prohibited by the Eighth Amendment tothe Constitution. Cruel and unusual punishmentincludes torture, deliberately degrading punishment,or punishment that is too severe for the crimecommitted. This concept helps guarantee due processeven to convicted criminals. Many people have arguedthat capital punishment should be considered crueland unusual punishment.
Some people need to be told twice >>

When told by Doc that he should learn to read, Festus replied "Well when you read, how do you know that the feller who wrote the readin, wrote the readin right ?"
Something to keep in mind, when posting links.

th

Pfui. You won’t answer the question. Why? Because you know that if you answer that you would talk, you are a traitor, and if you hold out, you’ve demonstrated that torture won’t work in the scenario given.

Because it doesn’t work. It is the least effective means of getting information. I’ve posted reports, studies, and the opinion of experts. People who have first hand knowledge and are expert at interrogating people.

Now, you break out the cartels. Are you suggesting that the Cartels are more effective than the Inquisition? Because the Inquisition got people to confess to being a witch, and naming other witches. Does that mean that there really were Witches? I know, another question you won’t answer.

The problem with stepping up to torture is that it eliminates all other options. Once you’ve escalated it to that point, there is no way to go back and start over with someone qualified to conduct the interrogation. Imagine you are in an argument, and you pull a gun. You can’t do anything else at that point. Either both walk away, or the shooting starts. You can’t continue the conversation you can’t reach a resolution, you’ve escalated to that point, there is no going back. Torture is the same thing. You cut off all the other options once you start it.

One of the links I posted was from the FBI Interrogators who were trying to interview the people who had been tortured before they got involved. The CIA had tortured them, and the FBI can’t make any progress? The why is obvious. There can be no connection when the subject has lost an eye to the interrogators, and yes, one of the “terrorists” lost an eye to the torture.

I can give you example after example, but you won’t listen. The reason is you don’t want the information, you want to hurt the Terrorists. You want to make them suffer. You want to hear them scream. You want to believe you can break them. If they do break, they will tell you anything they can think of to make the pain stop. It won’t be the truth, but they’ll try it.

Again, history clearly shows it. The Chinese today are using that kind of approach. As I pointed out in another response, their version of the Miranda warning is scream all you want, we don’t care. Eventually the subject will break, and confess, but you likely won’t get the truth.

You don’t start down that path, because once you do, all other options are gone. The best results are from experienced interrogators who are able to connect with the subject. They know the subject, they’ve studied the subject. They do not storm in and scream how much trouble the guy is in and how he better start talking now.

We know this from the Police who coerce false confessions out of people, and those people are later exonerated by DNA evidence. If you want the truth, and in this case the location of the bomb, then torture is just off the table before you begin. Otherwise, you will never find it. Oh you can console yourself that you tried everything. But the other stuff was never done seriously, because you always wanted to hear the baddie screaming in pain.

There are those who argue that the torture got bin Laden. But it really didn’t. Because the subjects lied about what they knew, and the truth was gotten from people who were not tortured. The CIA said that the lies told them a lot. But wait, didn’t you torture them to find the truth? I don’t understand.

So if we use that as a model, then even if you are successful in torturing the guy to start talking, then you can take it as read that anywhere he says the bomb is, well you can be sure it isn’t really there. Hell I can do that now.

Pfui. The entire argument for torture is based upon believe me arguments. Believe me, if you invest in AT&T you’re going to make a killing. Believe me. I didn’t sleep with your wife. You have no proof to back up the assertions other than screaming that I should use my head. But you see, I have used my head. I also remembered my training in the Army. When Army Intelligence people briefed us on how to handle prisoners we would be taking, and how to make sure the prisoners were ready for interrogation. Don’t give them food unless we were going to have them for at least half a day. Don’t give them cigarettes for the same time period. The Interrogators would use those to establish a basic beginning for the conversations. Give the prisoners water, and no matter what do not rough them up.

We had it stressed to us that besides being a violation of regulations, it made it incredibly difficult to question the prisoners later. But again, what would Army Intelligence know about questioning people?

So we have the FBI, Cops, Army Intelligence, and everyone else who is remotely considered competent, or expert, all agreeing on the best ways to question people. But they are all wrong. They are all wrong and YOU are right.

Someone here is completely full of shit. Perhaps you should take a laxative and reduce the amount.
I highly believe that under the conditions of the OP scenario, the FBI, Cops, Army Intelligence, and everyone else who is remotely considered competent, or expert, would agree that the best way to question the interogatee described in the OP, would be to use WHATEVER IT WOULD TAKE to get that information out of him.

Maybe Obama's people wouldn't. Hopefully, there's not too many of them left hanging around.

They didn’t include exceptions when they wrote it

No cruel and unusual punishment unless facing nuclear anihilation
Again, and again >>>>> torture, in the case of the OP is not cruel, and it's never unusual. It illegal, but by US Code, not the Constitution.

I hope a lot of Independents are reading this thread. Especially if they ever had any inclinations of voting Democrat. :rolleyes:

I ask all posters to this thread to answer the following question with a YES or NO answer. Add more if desired, but please don't omit a yes or no answer.

Suppose a terrorist was captured and being interrogated by the FBI. Suppose he told the agents that a nuclear bomb was scheduled to be detonated in New York City, within 24 hours. With an estimated 2017 population of 8.6 Million, and despite being distributed over a massive land area of about 302.6 square miles, New York City is also the most densely populated major city in the United States.

If this nuclear bomb, of significant size and power, were exploded, it would kill millions of people, and be the most horrific single event in human history. And suppose the terrorist said he knew who the perpetrator was in charge of this heinous act, his location, the location of the device to be used to detonate the bomb, and how to easily disable it.

Bear in mind that torture is illegal under US law (Title 18 of US Code, Section 2340A)

So here's the question. >> Would/should we allow millions of fellow Americans to be incinerated and radiated by this monstrous event, or would/should we do whatever it takes (including torture) to get this information from this terrorist, if it's apparent that that would stop the bomb ?

YES or NO.
Well, let's hope it's in a place no one will miss.

Like Kentucky or West Virginia.

Nope - Got it from Bush1 & Bush2 REPUBLICANS - Including the idiots who carried it out:

Got anything else?

Yeah. I got this whole thread that has refuted you 100 times already.

Oh so now it's the Bushes, huh ? But you were saying they said it didn't work. So if they thought that, why did they do it. Oh, so you're saying they only did it once ?

I wonder how long it would take for YOU to squeal ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back