What if instead of pronouns

Iā€™m not talking about ideology Iā€™m talking about human decency and respect for other peoples perspectives and freedoms. Yā€™all make everything political and then lose the human element
Exactly.

Itā€™s about a lack of respect for others and for their freedom of self-expression, and the bad-faith effort to make political the life choices individuals make.

Whether one knows biology or not, it is a scientific fact of biology that all but a minuscule fraction of 1% of humans are born male or female and it is a biologial impossibility to change their gender.
We arenā€™t talking about biology we are talking about gender identity. Psychological feelings and self expression. Why would you care at all about how people want to express themselves?

We arenā€™t talking about biology we are talking about gender identity. Psychological feelings and self expression. Why would you care at all about how people want to express themselves?
Gender is gender. Male or female. It is biology no matter how much anybody wants to bypass that inconvenient truth.

I can identify as anything I want, rich, famous, gorgeous, another race etc. and it won't make it any more true than me identifying as a guy.

I am a strong live and let live person so long as a person isn't violating anybody else's rights. Certainly an adult has the right to mutilate his/her body and take dangerous hormones if he/she can find a doctor unethical enough to do that. And apparently many do. I don't care how somebody else describes or expresses himself/herself. But don't get in my face and demand that I approve of or agree with it when I don't.

And if you have the right to say you're a woman and I should respect your right to say that, why do I not have the right to use whatever pronouns I think appropriate for the situation?

Exactly. Itā€™s about what you call people. Not about who plays in womenā€™s sports
No it's about what people actually ARE and not what they delusionally think they are. And that directly relates to men playing in women's sports.

Better idea ā€“ letā€™s use the pronouns we already have in accordance with the wishes of each individual.

The unwarranted bigotry and hate generated about pronouns is a ridiculous non-issue.
So you're Ok with men playing in women's sports?

How is calling a person what they are in reality bigotry?

I don't care if a guy wants to chop off all his bits but I also am not going to play into the delusion that a man is a woman.

And if you have the right to say you're a woman and I should respect your right to say that, why do I not have the right to use whatever pronouns I think appropriate for the situation?
You do have that right. You can choose to be respectful and considerate of the other person or an ass. The choice is yours and thatā€™s your right

No it's about what people actually ARE and not what they delusionally think they are. And that directly relates to men playing in women's sports.
Everybody has a biological make up. Thatā€™s what they are. Everybody has an identity and perception of selfā€¦ that is who they are. For some reason people like you want to tell other people that they cant be who they are because it doesnā€™t fit your perception of ā€œnormalā€. Itā€™s pretty sick

Everybody has a biological make up. Thatā€™s what they are. Everybody has an identity and perception of selfā€¦ that is who they are. For some reason people like you want to tell other people that they cant be who they are because it doesnā€™t fit your perception of ā€œnormalā€. Itā€™s pretty sick
They can be whoever they want to be but why should men be able to compete in women's sports?

Do you really think Floyd Mayweather should be able to box against women just because he says he thinks he is a woman?

Iā€™m not talking about ideology Iā€™m talking about human decency and respect for other peoples perspectives and freedoms. Yā€™all make everything political and then lose the human element
Y'all? How can one respect an ideology that is built on a false narrative, marginalizes women, steals opportunity and scars people lives once they realize they "detransition?"

Do you respect this?

They can be whoever they want to be but why should men be able to compete in women's sports?
For the most part, I donā€™t think they should. Sport are separated for a biological reason. Sports is a separate topic.

Y'all? How can one respect an ideology that is built on a false narrative, marginalizes women, steals opportunity and scars people lives once they realize they "detransition?"

Do you respect this?
Again, Iā€™m not talking about ideology, Iā€™m talking about people. Yā€™all use ideology and politics to dehumanize them.

For the most part, I donā€™t think they should. Sport are separated for a biological reason. Sports is a separate topic.
No they're not.

men playing in women's sports is part of the men saying they are women delusion and is a perfectly valid part of this discussion.

You do have that right. You can choose to be respectful and considerate of the other person or an ass. The choice is yours and thatā€™s your right
Why must it always be the one who is not the anomaly who must be respectful and considerate? Where is the other person's choice to be respectful and considerate of the one who wants to use biologically correct pronouns?

Seriously I am kind, thoughtful and considerate of everybody up to a point. If the other person is respectful of others and does not violate their rights, they'll get no grief of any kind from me. But if they get in my face and demand that I agree with what I don't, I don't see what moral code requires me to accommodate that.

No they're not.

men playing in women's sports is part of the men saying they are women delusion and is a perfectly valid part of this discussion.
Ok well Iā€™ve told you my stance on that part.
If a man transitions to a woman it doesnā€™t mean you have to believe they are exactly like a woman. They are obviously Transwomen. And vice versa for trans men or people who identify as nonbinary. You all mock them and insult them, and deny that they feel the way they feel.

Thatā€™s your choice. But my point is you can believe whatever you want but in the end you decide whether you respect others or act like a narrow minded ass.

Iā€™ll tell you though. Itā€™s the bigots and narrow minded asses that fan the flames of this issue making it bigger than it needs to be

Ok well Iā€™ve told you my stance on that part.
If a man transitions to a woman it doesnā€™t mean you have to believe they are exactly like a woman. They are obviously Transwomen. And vice versa for trans men or people who identify as nonbinary. You all mock them and insult them, and deny that they feel the way they feel.

Thatā€™s your choice. But my point is you can believe whatever you want but in the end you decide whether you respect others or act like a narrow minded ass.

Iā€™ll tell you though. Itā€™s the bigots and narrow minded asses that fan the flames of this issue making it bigger than it needs to be
Where did I mock anyone?

Quote the post.

How is it bigoted to refer to people as what they actually are ? DNA does not lie. In fact the only truly nonbiased way to refer to anyone is by using their genes\tic makeup

Why must it always be the one who is not the anomaly who must be respectful and considerate? Where is the other person's choice to be respectful and considerate of the one who wants to use biologically correct pronouns?

Seriously I am kind, thoughtful and considerate of everybody up to a point. If the other person is respectful of others and does not violate their rights, they'll get no grief of any kind from me. But if they get in my face and demand that I agree with what I don't, I don't see what moral code requires me to accommodate that.
You make a valid point. Everybody has a responsibility to be respectful.

But when a minority group is oppressed and activists fight for rights they get loud otherwise they continue to be ignored. Itā€™s what women did, and blacks, and gays, etc etc

But when a minority group is oppressed and activists fight for rights they get loud otherwise they continue to be ignored. Itā€™s what women did, and blacks, and gays, etc etc

So men who are not allowed to play in women's sports are "oppressed" now?

Get loud for equal rights yes. But not for special rights. To demand that I accommodate their demand to be called by biologically incorrect pronouns is not an equal right. It is a special right. To demand that I say its okay for a man to be in the locker room or public restroom with women and little girls is not an equal right. It is a special right. To pretend that lewd entertainment and displays for families and children are okay for LGBTQX+ but not okay for everybody else to do is not equal rights. It is special rights.

By all means live and let live. I don't have any transvestites among my friends and family but there are quite a few who are gay. They live their lives as mainstream Americans and aren't in anybody's face re their sexual orientation and so far as I know, none of them have ever gotten any grief from anybody.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back