What if Sam gets cut?

Then he is cut; though sacking Manziel TWICE might help him survive the cut.

Like other players who impress in preseason, if he is cut, he will probably be picked up somewhere else

Looks like Sam proved he belongs in the NFL

Then he is cut; though sacking Manziel TWICE might help him survive the cut.

Maybe, and he had 6 tackles in the last pre-season, but the Rams are pretty deep on defense. Big black guys that can tackle are not hard to find. With the extra baggage he may be cut. I am still wondering why he felt he had to tell the world he is gay, no one cares.

no one cares.

Says the guy that started an entire thread about one football player that may or may not be cut from the Rams (and will likely be picked up by another team if sporties are to be believed)

no one cares.

Says the guy that started an entire thread about one football player that may or may not be cut from the Rams (and will likely be picked up by another team if sporties are to be believed)

No one cares if he is gay, and those who do well there ain't much to do about that, but the only reason any one is even paying attention to him is because he "came out." Why in the hell would he even "come out" if he didn't think there was some advantage to him? I have pretty much figured out it ain't that hard to tell who is gay or not and if you can't tell then what in the hell difference does it make....none.

no one cares.

No one cares if he is gay, and those who do well there ain't much to do about that, but the only reason any one is even paying attention to him is because he "came out." Why in the hell would he even "come out" if he didn't think there was some advantage to him? I have pretty much figured out it ain't that hard to tell who is gay or not and if you can't tell then what in the hell difference does it make....none.

You seem to care

Of all the rookies trying to make the cut, you chose to start a thread on Sam

Sam "came out" because the information was already out. His entire college team knew he was gay

He chose to release the information so that he wouldn't have to deal with the rumors before the draft

Like other players who impress in preseason, if he is cut, he will probably be picked up somewhere else

On what is your basis for that opinion?
See your post above

Good defenders, black or not, who can get to the QB are desired in the NFL

Rookies often do wonderful things in the pre-season against the 2 and 3rd string and against a rookie quarterback. I am sure he is a fine player but his proclivity and the attention it receives takes away from the TEAM aspect of the sport, may not be worth it. I am convinced that the NFL will make sure he plays somewhere.

no one cares.

You seem to care

Of all the rookies trying to make the cut, you chose to start a thread on Sam

The reason being is that the article that I was reading was about SAM because he is GAY. What does being GAY mean to being a football player? Is that a special qualification? 7th round draft picks seldom makes the news.

See your post above

Rookies often do wonderful things in the pre-season against the 2 and 3rd string and against a rookie quarterback. I am sure he is a fine player but his proclivity and the attention it receives takes away from the TEAM aspect of the sport, may not be worth it. I am convinced that the NFL will make sure he plays somewhere.
They said the same thing about Jackie Robinson

Good player, but too much of a distraction

Sam "came out" because the information was already out. His entire college team knew he was gay

He chose to release the information so that he wouldn't have to deal with the rumors before the draft

So everyone didn't know. Or everyone did know. So confusing. I'll bet it was just the NFL scouts that didn't know.

See your post above

Again, equating being gay to being black, why does the left like to make that comparison?

So everyone didn't know. Or everyone did know. So confusing. I'll bet it was just the NFL scouts that didn't know.

The NFL scouts either knew or were hearing rumors. Anyone who covered Missouri Football heard rumors

Sam chose to release the information well ahead of the draft rather than have the issue blow up right before the draft

either way,he is free to discuss his sexuality any time he wants

See your post above

Again, equating being gay to being black, why does the left like to make that comparison?

Because it is a valid comparison

Forum List

Back