What if Sam gets cut?

no one cares.

Says the guy that started an entire thread about one football player that may or may not be cut from the Rams (and will likely be picked up by another team if sporties are to be believed)

No one cares if he is gay, and those who do well there ain't much to do about that, but the only reason any one is even paying attention to him is because he "came out." Why in the hell would he even "come out" if he didn't think there was some advantage to him? I have pretty much figured out it ain't that hard to tell who is gay or not and if you can't tell then what in the hell difference does it make....none.

Being a unanimous All American, the SEC co-Defensive Player of the Year, and on the First team All Sec might have been part of the reason he was being discussed. During his college career he had 123 tackles, including 36 for loss, 21 sacks, six forced fumbles and two intercepted passes. While that does not guarantee him a place in the NFL, it certainly warrants him being discussed.

Take a moment to laugh:

no one cares.

Says the guy that started an entire thread about one football player that may or may not be cut from the Rams (and will likely be picked up by another team if sporties are to be believed)

No one cares if he is gay, and those who do well there ain't much to do about that, but the only reason any one is even paying attention to him is because he "came out." Why in the hell would he even "come out" if he didn't think there was some advantage to him? I have pretty much figured out it ain't that hard to tell who is gay or not and if you can't tell then what in the hell difference does it make....none.

Being a unanimous All American, the SEC co-Defensive Player of the Year, and on the First team All Sec might have been part of the reason he was being discussed. During his college career he had 123 tackles, including 36 for loss, 21 sacks, six forced fumbles and two intercepted passes. While that does not guarantee him a place in the NFL, it certainly warrants him being discussed.

7th round draft pick. The article didn't mention any of what you posted. Certainly by that standard it sounds as if he should be in the NFL. Maybe San Francisco?

Like other players who impress in preseason, if he is cut, he will probably be picked up somewhere else

Looks like Sam proved he belongs in the NFL

On what is your basis for that opinion?
See your post above

Good defenders, black or not, who can get to the QB are desired in the NFL

Rookies often do wonderful things in the pre-season against the 2 and 3rd string and against a rookie quarterback. I am sure he is a fine player but his proclivity and the attention it receives takes away from the TEAM aspect of the sport, may not be worth it. I am convinced that the NFL will make sure he plays somewhere.
They said the same thing about Jackie Robinson

Good player, but too much of a distraction

Again, equating being gay to being black, why does the left like to make that comparison?

Because it is a valid comparison

Unbelievable! Do you have any black friends?

Sam "came out" because the information was already out. His entire college team knew he was gay

He chose to release the information so that he wouldn't have to deal with the rumors before the draft

So everyone didn't know. Or everyone did know. So confusing. I'll bet it was just the NFL scouts that didn't know.

The NFL scouts either knew or were hearing rumors. Anyone who covered Missouri Football heard rumors

Sam chose to release the information well ahead of the draft rather than have the issue blow up right before the draft

either way,he is free to discuss his sexuality any time he wants

Do you really believe that Sam is the only gay NFL player?

Take a moment to laugh:

no one cares.

7th round draft pick. The article didn't mention any of what you posted. Certainly by that standard it sounds as if he should be in the NFL. Maybe San Francisco?

Sadly, the media has focused on his sexuality. Luckily, the team has not. When an ESPN reporter kept asking about showering ect, two of the Rams players shut them down with statements basically saying it is not an issue.

Like other players who impress in preseason, if he is cut, he will probably be picked up somewhere else

See your post above

Rookies often do wonderful things in the pre-season against the 2 and 3rd string and against a rookie quarterback. I am sure he is a fine player but his proclivity and the attention it receives takes away from the TEAM aspect of the sport, may not be worth it. I am convinced that the NFL will make sure he plays somewhere.

Way different reasons. Sexuality is a personal thing, being black, well there ain't much a person can do about it.

See your post above

Again, equating being gay to being black, why does the left like to make that comparison?

It is a valid comparison.

Even the courts believe so

See your post above

Way different reasons. Sexuality is a personal thing, being black, well there ain't much a person can do about it.

Discrimination is still discrimination
Religion is a personal thing too

Take a moment to laugh:

no one cares.

Sadly, the media has focused on his sexuality. Luckily, the team has not. When an ESPN reporter kept asking about showering ect, two of the Rams players shut them down with statements basically saying it is not an issue.

Thus my point. What do you think the media will do if Sam is cut? Will they lead with the Rams are deep at defense or you do think they will lead with, first openly gay man cut by Rams?

See your post above

And remember how Tebow was told to keep it in the locker room and was pillaged by the left?

See your post above

It is a valid comparison.

Even the courts believe so

The courts thought Dred Scott was also a good idea.

See your post above

And remember how Tebow was told to keep it in the locker room and was pillaged by the left?
Tebow was not told to keep it out of the locker room. There are many, many NFL players who are more religious than Tebow. Look at Reggie White.......and he is in the HOF

See your post above

There are plenty of players that are just as religious as Tebow, they just didn't make a production of it. I think he caught flack for that reason. Shaun Alexander was deeply religious. He and his wife remained virgins until their wedding night. He works with some great charities and is very active in his church. I don't recall anyone giving him a hard time.

See your post above

Great thread. You are clearly emotionally involved in Sam's career.

People equate being gay to being black because both are conditions of birth and both form the basis for deeply held prejudicial beliefs and discriminatory behavior on the part of ignorant assholes.

The reason it matters is because the man is paving a pathway. In another few decades, it won't matter to scouts, management or the vast majority of fans in the NFL.

Grow up.

See your post above

Tebow was pillaged by the left? Whatever that means.

Tebow was mocked for being a tool. The weird thing about his post-collegiate career is that nutjob Christians thought they could "believe" him into a hall of fame QB.

I don't think he will get cut, and if he does, another team will probably decide to pick him up. I give him credit, he has played well.

See your post above

Tebow was pillaged by the left? Whatever that means.

Tebow was mocked for being a tool. The weird thing about his post-collegiate career is that nutjob Christians thought they could "believe" him into a hall of fame QB.

Whow thanks for the direct example of left wing bigotry.

I don't think he will get cut, and if he does, another team will probably decide to pick him up. I give him credit, he has played well.

What if he does how do you think it will be played in the media?

Nothing stoopider than people who don't know dick about football commenting on gay football players.

Some in the thread think he should be assigned a spot on the team because he is gay.

That's not how it works.

Sam is a marginal player at best......its a skill thing, not a gay thing.

Forum List

Back