What if Sam gets cut?

No shock...Sam simply is not big enough to be a defensive end in the NFL.

Not so, he is on the big end: Height: 6 ft 2 in (1.88 m), Weight: 261 lb (118 kg)

2011 NFL draft The evolution of DEs - ESPN

From 2001 to 2005, there were more defensive ends who weighed 271 pounds or more than there were who weighed 270 pounds or less. In 2006, the ratio of lighter to heavier defensive ends became almost equal, and the trend continued until those weighing more than 270 pounds have become a rarity.
[+] Enlarge
Michael DeHoog/Getty ImagesDwight Freeney, one of the best pass-rushers in the NFL, weighs 268 pounds.
This wasn't an arbitrary decision (or possibly even a conscious one); it was the result of the position's emerging requirements. Perhaps a coach somewhere looked at the number of defensive ends who recorded double-digit sacks over the past decade and noticed most of them weighed less than 270 pounds, despite the fact the majority of the ends weighed more.

WHERE THE HELL IS REV. AL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Does he not know there could be a few bucks in this for him somewhere?
Surely there must be at least ten Black votes for the LIBs out there somewhere!

I realize that the left equates being black to being gay but I find it really hard to believe that even Al would say that the NFL is racist, unless of course they just start making crap up.

I don't think he will get cut, and if he does, another team will probably decide to pick him up. I give him credit, he has played well.

What if he does how do you think it will be played in the media?

If he gets cut and doesn't get picked up, many people will say it's because he's a gay player.

Some will

How many conservatives will celebrate the gay guy getting cut?

Of course some will just as MANY leftists who don't even follow football or care, loved it when Tebow was cut.

Review some of the comments in this thread. The left wing is now pointing out those they have decided that show the proper amount of "religion."

No dummy. No amount of religion is the proper amount. Unlike being gay or black.....things you love discussing......being a religious nutbag is a choice.

Race and homosexuality do not go together, being black is not a choice, being a homosexual is a choice, just like belonging to any religion you want.

Not so, he is on the big end: Height: 6 ft 2 in (1.88 m), Weight: 261 lb (118 kg)

From 2001 to 2005, there were more defensive ends who weighed 271 pounds or more than there were who weighed 270 pounds or less. In 2006, the ratio of lighter to heavier defensive ends became almost equal, and the trend continued until those weighing more than 270 pounds have become a rarity.
[+] Enlarge
Michael DeHoog/Getty ImagesDwight Freeney, one of the best pass-rushers in the NFL, weighs 268 pounds.
This wasn't an arbitrary decision (or possibly even a conscious one); it was the result of the position's emerging requirements. Perhaps a coach somewhere looked at the number of defensive ends who recorded double-digit sacks over the past decade and noticed most of them weighed less than 270 pounds, despite the fact the majority of the ends weighed more.

He's a linebacker, not a defensive end.

[+] Enlarge

Check that. I just looked it up. He was a linebacker in school, he was trying out for DE on the Rams.

What happens if he gets cut?

Maybe he will thank the Rams for the opportunity, say he isn't giving up, and make a gracious exit.

Oh yeah, that is what actually happened, huh?

Has the liberal press made a stink about it yet? I think we will be seeing a lot a bitching by the gay mafia and progessives about how homophobic the Rams and the NFL is.

I don't think he will get cut, and if he does, another team will probably decide to pick him up. I give him credit, he has played well.

If he gets cut and doesn't get picked up, many people will say it's because he's a gay player.

Some will

Of course some will just as MANY leftists who don't even follow football or care, loved it when Tebow was cut.

Review some of the comments in this thread. The left wing is now pointing out those they have decided that show the proper amount of "religion."

No dummy. No amount of religion is the proper amount. Unlike being gay or black.....things you love discussing......being a religious nutbag is a choice.

Race and homosexuality do not go together, being black is not a choice, being a homosexual is a choice, just like belonging to any religion you want.

Being homosexual is not a choice. To say that is to admit that you are an ignorant person. Congratulations.

Ok, just to prove that fate has a sense of humor.

A second 49er DE is now going to be suspended. Aldon Smith is aldready suspended for 9 games for whatever reason.

Now, a second 49er DE, Ray McDonald has just been arrested. For domestic violence. Yeah, he is an African American. Aaaaanyway.....

It seems that Michael Sam, would "fit right in" in San Francisco. I mean would he not be a "perfect fit" for San Francisco?

nfl1.jpg

Some will

Being homosexual is not a choice. To say that is to admit that you are an ignorant person. Congratulations.

It is a choice, and I don't have to prove that it is, you have to prove that it is not. I won't resort to calling you, whatever, I actually use an educated argument, instead of namecalling. Think you can do the same?

Some will

So people are animals that have to act upon their primal instincts. No choice they just have to.

What happens if he gets cut?

Maybe he will thank the Rams for the opportunity, say he isn't giving up, and make a gracious exit.

Oh yeah, that is what actually happened, huh?

Of course he did as a gentleman, good for him. The whole point of the thread was the MSM's reaction, and it was largely just as I predicted.

Being homosexual is not a choice, they are born that way,

Like other players who impress in preseason, if he is cut, he will probably be picked up somewhere else

Looks like Sam proved he belongs in the NFL
What I heard was the Rams are too deep at his position, but someone will need him.

(^^^ the homophobes will only see the bolded words)

Same here, nothing personal. The Rams do not need more defense, thus the guy that is more versatile stayed on(.)

[+] Enlarge

A walk away DE in a 5-2 scheme is essentially a LB. A DE in the 3-4 is a DT in the 5-2. So he was really trying to move from LB to interior d-line.

Some will

It is a choice, and I don't have to prove that it is, you have to prove that it is not. I won't resort to calling you, whatever, I actually use an educated argument, instead of namecalling. Think you can do the same?

Oh really? Hmm interesting! Lol!

Some will

Prove it, smart guy.

Forum List

Back