What if Sam gets cut?

I don't think he will get cut, and if he does, another team will probably decide to pick him up. I give him credit, he has played well.

What if he does how do you think it will be played in the media?

If he gets cut and doesn't get picked up, many people will say it's because he's a gay player.

Some will

How many conservatives will celebrate the gay guy getting cut?

Of course some will just as MANY leftists who don't even follow football or care, loved it when Tebow was cut.

Review some of the comments in this thread. The left wing is now pointing out those they have decided that show the proper amount of "religion."

No dummy. No amount of religion is the proper amount. Unlike being gay or black.....things you love discussing......being a religious nutbag is a choice.

Wow guess I was wrong. I wonder if anyone picks him up.

We will see if anyone else makes an offer or the Rams put him on the practice squad

I demand to know how this is possible!!!

The Rams showed us that they were going to cave in to the PC police. Given that this nation is so far gone down the PC road.....this development is simply not fucking possible!!

If he gets cut it means one of two things the Rams didn't have room on their roster for him or he's not good enough to play in the NFL that's the way it is with all players.

It apears your first option is correct, he lost out to Westbrooks, who can play other positions; the Rams are already heavy in defense. One analyst said Sam would be one of the best 53, but the Rams don't need 53 DEs.

Last edited:
If he gets cut it means one of two things the Rams didn't have room on their roster for him or he's not good enough to play in the NFL that's the way it is with all players.

It apears your first option is correct, he lost out to Westbrooks, who can play other positions; the Rams are already heavy in defense. One analyst said Sam would be one of the best 53, but the Rams don't need 53 DEs.
Not a total surprise there was a reason he was drafted where he was that had nothing to do with being gay.

Sam’s preseason came to an end Thursday night, with a team-best six tackles in the St. Louis Rams’ 14-13 loss to the Miami Dolphins. The Rams, like all NFL teams, have to cut down their rosters to 53 players by Saturday afternoon — and Sam, the league’s first openly gay player, seems squarely on the bubble.

Michael Sam 8216 I 8217 m Very Confident 8217 I 8217 m Going To Be On The Rams Or Any NFL Team CBS St. Louis

They know they can't cut him so Sam will be playing next sunday BOOK IT!!!

Thanks for the link, it pretty much was reported as I thought: EARTH CITY, Mo. -- The St. Louis Rams have released defensive end Michael Sam, the first openly gay player selected in the NFL draft.

A few questions, how many others were cut that day and didn't get a headline?

What exactly does it mean to be openly gay?

Awwwww. Poor Freewill. He's upset that Sam got a headline. It's going to be a sad Sunday.

I don't think he will get cut, and if he does, another team will probably decide to pick him up. I give him credit, he has played well.

What if he does how do you think it will be played in the media?

If he gets cut and doesn't get picked up, many people will say it's because he's a gay player.

Some will

How many conservatives will celebrate the gay guy getting cut?

Of course some will just as MANY leftists who don't even follow football or care, loved it when Tebow was cut.

Review some of the comments in this thread. The left wing is now pointing out those they have decided that show the proper amount of "religion."

No dummy. No amount of religion is the proper amount. Unlike being gay or black.....things you love discussing......being a religious nutbag is a choice.

I now have to challenge another left wing bigot. Copy and post the remarks that I made that said one bad word about being gay or Sam. Unlike yourself what people do is their business. If they wish to make some sort of sign to their God, so be it, I am more interested in if they can throw a football 100 yards. The left on the other hand seem to be bothered by the most littlest of things. The only reason, in my opinion, that the left wing even gives a crap about gays is they feel that they can use it as a bludgeon against conservatives. Hell you and RWer use it and nothing bad was said about gays.

Thanks for the link, it pretty much was reported as I thought: EARTH CITY, Mo. -- The St. Louis Rams have released defensive end Michael Sam, the first openly gay player selected in the NFL draft.

A few questions, how many others were cut that day and didn't get a headline?

What exactly does it mean to be openly gay?

Awwwww. Poor Freewill. He's upset that Sam got a headline. It's going to be a sad Sunday.

Just pointing out the reason for the headline. It is just like I said all along.

Maybe, and he had 6 tackles in the last pre-season, but the Rams are pretty deep on defense. Big black guys that can tackle are not hard to find. With the extra baggage he may be cut. I am still wondering why he felt he had to tell the world he is gay, no one cares.

That you even felt like you needed to mention it suggests people do care. Including yourself.

Not a total surprise there was a reason he was drafted where he was that had nothing to do with being gay.

His credentials indicate he was a pretty damn good football player. If the Rams didn't need a DE then why did they draft him? Of course saying they had too many defensive players makes little sense since his competitor was not cut and he was undrafted.

Maybe, and he had 6 tackles in the last pre-season, but the Rams are pretty deep on defense. Big black guys that can tackle are not hard to find. With the extra baggage he may be cut. I am still wondering why he felt he had to tell the world he is gay, no one cares.

That you even felt like you needed to mention it suggests people do care. Including yourself.

Well that and it is headline news.

WHERE THE HELL IS REV. AL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Does he not know there could be a few bucks in this for him somewhere?
Surely there must be at least ten Black votes for the LIBs out there somewhere!

No shock...Sam simply is not big enough to be a defensive end in the NFL.

Should have posted that remark before he was cut.

Any way my premise has been proved correct in how him being cut is being played by the MSM:

Michael Sam, the first openly-gay football player drafted by the National Football League, was cut from the St. Louis Rams on Saturday afternoon. The news comes as a major disappointment to Sam’s many fans (according to ESPN, his was the seventh-best selling jersey on the league’s online store from April 1 through July 31), who had hoped he would break the league’s significant cultural barrier to become the first openly-gay player.

This is exactly how I said it would be reported. I also question how they know there is a significant cultural barrier? And how in the hell is being gay a culture? This isn't ancient Greece.

Forum List

Back