What if Sam gets cut?

If he gets cut it means one of two things the Rams didn't have room on their roster for him or he's not good enough to play in the NFL that's the way it is with all players.

My obviously obtuse point is, how will it be played in the MSM?

I don't think he will get cut, and if he does, another team will probably decide to pick him up. I give him credit, he has played well.

What if he does how do you think it will be played in the media?

If he gets cut and doesn't get picked up, many people will say it's because he's a gay player.

Nothing stoopider than people who don't know dick about football commenting on gay football players.

Some in the thread think he should be assigned a spot on the team because he is gay.

That's not how it works.

Sam is a marginal player at best......its a skill thing, not a gay thing.
Which post says he should be assigned a place on the team because he is gay?

Like other players who impress in preseason, if he is cut, he will probably be picked up somewhere else

Looks like Sam proved he belongs in the NFL

On what is your basis for that opinion?
See your post above

Good defenders, black or not, who can get to the QB are desired in the NFL

Rookies often do wonderful things in the pre-season against the 2 and 3rd string and against a rookie quarterback. I am sure he is a fine player but his proclivity and the attention it receives takes away from the TEAM aspect of the sport, may not be worth it. I am convinced that the NFL will make sure he plays somewhere.
They said the same thing about Jackie Robinson

Good player, but too much of a distraction

Again, equating being gay to being black, why does the left like to make that comparison?

Great thread. You are clearly emotionally involved in Sam's career.

People equate being gay to being black because both are conditions of birth and both form the basis for deeply held prejudicial beliefs and discriminatory behavior on the part of ignorant assholes.

The reason it matters is because the man is paving a pathway. In another few decades, it won't matter to scouts, management or the vast majority of fans in the NFL.

Grow up.

I said it doesn't really matter today, no one cares any more. Why you people want to keep changing the goal line is anyone's guess.

Who made it an issue of him being gay? His college room mates? His college football team? The NFL scouts? No, none of them made it an issue HE did. Being black is really hard to hide, not that they have to. Being gay now that is rather an easy thing to not make an issue. I am not positive but I do believe there are no more laws about gay activity. You can sodomize (gay style) anyone you so desire, no on cares. But to somehow and for some reason make it a condition of employment, by the employer or employee, just does not make sense. Every one knew he was gay and those who didn't, didn't need to know.

I don't think he will get cut, and if he does, another team will probably decide to pick him up. I give him credit, he has played well.

If he gets cut and doesn't get picked up, many people will say it's because he's a gay player.

Some will

How many conservatives will celebrate the gay guy getting cut?

Some will

Most "conservatives" wouldn't give two shits.

Like other players who impress in preseason, if he is cut, he will probably be picked up somewhere else

See your post above

Rookies often do wonderful things in the pre-season against the 2 and 3rd string and against a rookie quarterback. I am sure he is a fine player but his proclivity and the attention it receives takes away from the TEAM aspect of the sport, may not be worth it. I am convinced that the NFL will make sure he plays somewhere.

Way different reasons. Sexuality is a personal thing, being black, well there ain't much a person can do about it.

Discrimination is still discrimination
Religion is a personal thing too

And remember how Tebow was told to keep it in the locker room and was pillaged by the left?
Tebow was not told to keep it out of the locker room. There are many, many NFL players who are more religious than Tebow. Look at Reggie White.......and he is in the HOF

What is the gage for how religious someone is? Is the units of measure bigots?

Some will

The one who started this thread obviously will

Some will

Of course some will just as MANY leftists who don't even follow football or care, loved it when Tebow was cut.

Review some of the comments in this thread. The left wing is now pointing out those they have decided that show the proper amount of "religion."

See your post above

Way different reasons. Sexuality is a personal thing, being black, well there ain't much a person can do about it.

And remember how Tebow was told to keep it in the locker room and was pillaged by the left?
Tebow was not told to keep it out of the locker room. There are many, many NFL players who are more religious than Tebow. Look at Reggie White.......and he is in the HOF

It seems to be how many times they say "praise Jesus" when the cameras are rolling

Some will

Sigh, even though I have repeatedly stated I could give a shit who is or is not gay you still lie. WTF is wrong with you people? But I put the burden of proof onto you, show me one post where I said something bad about Sam or gays. Do it or STFU. It is you guys who can't discuss "gayness" without emotional involvement. I wonder why.

See your post above

It seems to be how many times they say "praise Jesus" when the cameras are rolling

And how many times did Tebow say "praise Jesus?"

This is so typical leftist. I point out that Sam didn't have to make his sexual proclivity known and you and your ilk somehow take that as an insult to him. Yet if Tebow points to the sky and says thanks, THAT you take offense. Hypocrites.

I am thinking they will say boldly probably the head line, "the first open gay man is cut from the RAMS."

Some will

Sigh, even though I have repeatedly stated I could give a shit who is or is not gay you still lie. WTF is wrong with you people? But I put the burden of proof onto you, show me one post where I said something bad about Sam or gays. Do it or STFU. It is you guys who can't discuss "gayness" without emotional involvement. I wonder why.

Me thinks you doth protest too loudly

Your whining throughout this thread betrays you

See your post above

This is so typical leftist. I point out that Sam didn't have to make his sexual proclivity known and you and your ilk somehow take that as an insult to him. Yet if Tebow points to the sky and says thanks, THAT you take offense. Hypocrites.

I think Sam did have to make it known

If he didn't, someone else would

See your post above

So you first contention is that he is the first gay football player.

Your second contention is that it would have made a difference to whom picks him. I seriously doubt either are true.

Some will

Me thinks you doth protest too loudly

Your whining throughout this thread betrays you

OMG you just can't help yourself. Please, again, show me.

See your post above

So you first contention is that he is the first gay football player.

Your second contention is that it would have made a difference to whom picks him. I seriously doubt either are true.
He is the first openly gay player

Whether it would or would not have made a difference is irrelevant on Sam deciding he should control when the announcement would be made

If he gets cut it means one of two things the Rams didn't have room on their roster for him or he's not good enough to play in the NFL that's the way it is with all players.

My obviously obtuse point is, how will it be played in the MSM?
Unless there is some clear evidence he got cut because he's gay if he does get cut I doubt there will be much reaction from the media.

Forum List

Back