What if she didn't have a gun?

Bullshit. If you think you can overturn the 2nd amendment, you're even more delusional than you appear. Good luck asshole.

Second Amendment is about Militias. Done.

But Joe, the Supreme Court has ruled time and time again that it protects MORE than just a militia.

I mean, you can't deny the facts right??

Actually, the Supreme COurt has said no such thing.

US v. Miller, they found a right to regulate personal firearms. ANd even though the truly awful Heller decision rolled that back, even Scalia had to do handstands to explain why you can't have that howitzer in your backyard.

NO, I'd like to end all murder.

Getting rid of guns solves 90% of the problem, mostly because it's a lot easier to shoot someone than to beat them to death with your fists.

To look at life through rose colored glasses,all the time. No it would not ,not even close.You want to end murder,you have to look WAY past guns.

We'd eliminate 60% of them. That would work for me.

But how will that help?

When eliminating the 60% of guns, would you expect (A) the law abiding citizens to turn in their firearms or the (B) murdering gang members who don't obey the law? I mean, lets approach this logically!

Murdering gang members (who account for 80% of gun homicides) will still find ways to get guns, and (obviously) don't obey the law anyways so they will hold on to their firearms. Your laws will only affect the people who are not dangerous. This is the folly of gun control.

Last edited:
[

But how will that help?

When eliminating the 60% of guns, would you expect the law abiding citizens to turn in their firearms or the murdering gang members who don't obey the law? I mean, lets approach this logically!

logically, most gun murders are domestic disputes.

80% of murders, the victim knows his or her killer.

This really, really isn't complicated.

Second Amendment is about Militias. Done.

But Joe, the Supreme Court has ruled time and time again that it protects MORE than just a militia.

I mean, you can't deny the facts right??

Actually, the Supreme COurt has said no such thing.

US v. Miller, they found a right to regulate personal firearms. ANd even though the truly awful Heller decision rolled that back, even Scalia had to do handstands to explain why you can't have that howitzer in your backyard.

But the Heller decision protects an individual's right to possess a firearm. Your opinion is worth much, much, much less than the Heller decision, lol. Not trying to be a dick, just stating the facts.

[

But how will that help?

When eliminating the 60% of guns, would you expect the law abiding citizens to turn in their firearms or the murdering gang members who don't obey the law? I mean, lets approach this logically!

logically, most gun murders are domestic disputes.

80% of murders, the victim knows his or her killer.

This really, really isn't complicated.

You didn't answer my question. Of the 10,000 gun homicides each year, 80% are gang related. That's a staggering statistic. THEY ARE THE MAIN PROBLEM, HERE.

What makes you think those gang members are going to be the ones handing over their weapons when we confiscate 60% of all guns?

That makes no sense to me.

My point - Joe - is say Rahm Emmanuel wants to rid the city of handguns and asks that all citizens turn the guns into the nearest police station (or face arrest/felony), do you think the gang members on the south/west side are going to be the first ones in line, or do you think - perhaps - it's going to be the law abiding non-gang members?

How is that going to improve my safety? I just don't understand.

Last edited:
Sorry, to many people are paying the price for your bad decisions. I'm sure the 26 Sandy Hook parents really wish that Nancy Lanza wasn't making that decision for herself and her Zombie son.

"My" bad decisions ? Again, you're deciding the issue based on your lumping of all gun owners into one group.
Millions of times a day, guns are used in America, with only the occasional tragedy.
If you don't like guns, then don't own one.

32,000 gun deaths and 78,000 gun injuries a year isn't "occassional'. It's a fucking pandemic.

Shit, we recall baby toys for one accident!

Sorry, but the Second Amendment is not going to be recalled. If you want to live where there are few guns in the hands of citizens, then move to Britain.

i dont know what is worse....gun nuts or anti gunners...but personally i am sick of all of yal.....both groups need to remember the ussc continues to uphold my right to protect myself....

but damn these dueling threads

Gun threads are a waste of time for sure. The anti-gunners though need to accept the fact that we are never going to end the freedom of gun ownership in this country. They need to either allow that to sink in, or move somewhere where the government restricts gun rights.

Duh!!!
They can't avoid tyranny.
Wake and look what's happening!

Even before Crimea/Ukraine, I had a friend in Sweden
complain about the rising political violence because of immigrant crime.

How do countries in Europe with very few guns avoid tyranny if guns are needed?

How do they avoid tyranny? Is that an actual question?

Come on man.

Why do we need guns if they don't?

We need the freedom to bear arms.
Nobody needs a govt to regulate their ability to defend, represent and govern themselves.
Without checks and balances, govt and corporate power gets abused.

We not only need armed defense, but right to equal legal defense
or THAT system gets bought out and overrun also.
We have that problem in America of judicial and legal abuse, and the state bars, judges and lawyers won't touch it because of professional conflict of interest and financial/political interests with their campaign funding and support from corporations.

The problem of "right to defense"
is more than just guns but with civil legal defense as well.
as long as govt and corporations are not equal
as other individuals, there is unchecked abuse.

We need equal right to defense on all levels.

The American Revolution would have never been possible if the colonists weren't allowed to own guns. We'd have been crushed by the British. We would still be reporting to a king today.

I sure most people - gun controllers and gun holders - can agree with that fact, right?

How do countries in Europe with very few guns avoid tyranny if guns are needed?

Come on man.

Are you operating under the false assumption that there are no guns in the UK?

BTW the UK has a much higher violent crime rate than we do and according to their procedure a death is not called a murder unless there is a conviction.

Come on man.

BTW the UK has a much higher violent crime rate than we do and according to their procedure a death is not called a murder unless there is a conviction.

I always wonder - too - is that if you strip guns away from everyone (theoretically speaking of course), is the 'playing field' now equalized? I mean, what is to protect a single female living in a bad area (or just in general)?

Can a woman fight off a fully grown man with a knife? When a woman calls the cops what are the odds she will not have been raped - or worse - in the 10 minutes it takes for the authorities to arrive?

Is it easier for MEN to say (sure get rid of guns) because they know they will always have a one-up physically and can at least compete with any potential intruders?

Last edited:

Come on man.

But are you saying that we should model all of our laws based on what the Europeans do? I don't think that's the way we should handle things. Also note that you're never going to get rid of guns in America, they will always be there. There exists over 250,000,000 of them.

The only question is which scenario do you want:

1.) Government and criminals to have access to guns
2.) Government, criminals, and law abiding citizens to have access to guns

if you're going to use simple logic I'm going to choose option #2. Why wouldn't you?

I don't see how that answers the question. We are discussing if we need guns to fend off tyranny and the government. If we do, why is it so many other countries do not?

I always wonder - too - is that if you strip guns away from everyone (theoretically speaking of course), is the 'playing field' now equalized? I mean, what is to protect a single female living in a bad area (or just in general)?

Can a woman fight off a fully grown man with a knife? When a woman calls the cops what are the odds she will not have been raped - or worse - in the 10 minutes it takes for the authorities to arrive?

Is it easier for MEN to say (sure get rid of guns) because they know they will always have a one-up physically and can at least compete with any potential intruders?

Don't these women have neighbors? I certainly wouldn't sit back and let somebody be attacked. Other countries with strict gun laws have less violent crime.

The American Revolution would have never been possible if the colonists weren't allowed to own guns. We'd have been crushed by the British. We would still be reporting to a king today.

I sure most people - gun controllers and gun holders - can agree with that fact, right?

Back then the military and citizens had similar arms. Now they are not slightly comparable.

But are you saying that we should model all of our laws based on what the Europeans do? I don't think that's the way we should handle things. Also note that you're never going to get rid of guns in America, they will always be there. There exists over 250,000,000 of them.

if you're going to use simple logic I'm going to choose option #2. Why wouldn't you?

I don't see how that answers the question. We are discussing if we need guns to fend off tyranny and the government. If we do, why is it so many other countries do not?

But I'm saying what do you mean? There are revolutions going on EVERYWHERE - as we speak - that involve oppressive governments trying to subdue an armed population (ie take a look at Syria).

What do you mean by "so many other countries do not"?

Oppressive governments ACTIVELY exist everywhere, lol. I'm confused, dude. Even in first world countries like Germany we saw a government fly out of control in a matter of about a decade. There are examples everywhere.

Don't these women have neighbors? I certainly wouldn't sit back and let somebody be attacked. Other countries with strict gun laws have less violent crime.

Neighbors is the answer? I don't think that's a very good response.

I mean, think of a single women in a home handling an attacker that just broke in. How is she supposed to summon her neighbor in the dead of night (when most break-ins occur)?

Back then the military and citizens had similar arms. Now they are not slightly comparable.

But I made the point before; our government - yes - has much more powerful weapons than the average citizen. However, is it logical to assume they'd use nukes to put down an uprising? No. Is it logical to assume the air force is going to be 100% on board with dropping bombs on US cities like Chicago where they grew up? No.

The fact of the matter is that most of the combat would be rifle vs. rifle.

But I'm saying what do you mean? There are revolutions going on EVERYWHERE - as we speak - that involve oppressive governments trying to subdue an armed population (ie take a look at Syria).

What do you mean by "so many other countries do not"?

Oppressive governments ACTIVELY exist everywhere, lol. I'm confused, dude. Even in first world countries like Germany we saw a government fly out of control in a matter of about a decade. There are examples everywhere.

Ok give an example of any country similar to the US that fell to tyranny. Syria is not similar. I'm aware of no modern country with long standing voting rights that has fallen to tyranny.

It doesn't matter if there are countries that don't need them. There are reasons for not needing them. Some are an island, some are protected by countries like the United States.

Then there are countries like the Ukraine that aren't able to defend themselves from aggressor nations. Take away their guns and they become easy pickings. Russia held off the Nazis by arming the population. Iraq was a mess for us because Saddam opened up his armory to the locals. The Soviets got out of Afghanistan because of the Mugahideen.

Forum List

Back