What if she didn't have a gun?

Does anyone know that falling out of bed kills almost twice as many people per year here in the United States than rifles?

That's ALL rifle deaths combined - homicides, accidents, suicides, ect.

I feel the media blows out of proportion the threat a weapon like the "AR-15" poses to our society. I think people need to take a deep breath and consider the whole picture.

Tell that to the parents of the children Lanza killed. It's not about how often people are killed with them, more about how fast they kill when used.

Yeah, would have never happened if somebody was packing heat.

Not allowed. Criminals get the guns, we get dead.

All those children should have been packing.

Does anyone know that falling out of bed kills almost twice as many people per year here in the United States than rifles?

That's ALL rifle deaths combined - homicides, accidents, suicides, ect.

I feel the media blows out of proportion the threat a weapon like the "AR-15" poses to our society. I think people need to take a deep breath and consider the whole picture.

Tell that to the parents of the children Lanza killed. It's not about how often people are killed with them, more about how fast they kill when used.

A gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a resident of the home than a bad guy.

Do we have record of the owner? If he sells the car do we know who to? Don't think we have those things for guns.

In my state every gun I ever bought has been recorded.

And if you never register a car the only record of the sale is the title and that doesn't have to be filed anywhere.

And if you sell your gun to your cousin is that recorded? What if the car is sold?

I don't sell my guns.

Have you never bought a car?

You pay for a car (if you pay cash anyway) and you get the title on the back of the title the previous owner transfers ownership to you.

If you never register the car and only use it on your property or you trailer it to drive off road the only record of the sale is the title. The title is only recorded with the DMV if you register the car.

The Crazy reason is you need guns to protect yourself against a government that has fighter-planes and drones and tanks and cannons and nuclear weapons.

This argument is full of holes. Our US military was somewhat unsuccessful at controlling the situation in Iraq despite it being a fraction of the size of the US, despite the citizens being much poorer, less educated, and less interconnected, despite the fact the soldiers had no connection to the people there...

And you're saying they'd somehow have more success controlling US citizens? You're saying a great majority of the military would be more than happy to fire on US citizens?

Full of holes, Joe.

A gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a resident of the home than a bad guy.

43 more times likely than zero is still zero.

In my state every gun I ever bought has been recorded.

And if you never register a car the only record of the sale is the title and that doesn't have to be filed anywhere.

And if you sell your gun to your cousin is that recorded? What if the car is sold?

I don't sell my guns.

You pay for a car (if you pay cash anyway) and you get the title on the back of the title the previous owner transfers ownership to you.

If you never register the car and only use it on your property or you trailer it to drive off road the only record of the sale is the title. The title is only recorded with the DMV if you register the car.

You have to pay taxes when you purchase a car and get a new title.

The Crazy reason is you need guns to protect yourself against a government that has fighter-planes and drones and tanks and cannons and nuclear weapons.

This argument is full of holes. Our US military was somewhat unsuccessful at controlling the situation in Iraq despite it being a fraction of the size of the US, despite the citizens being much poorer, less educated, and less interconnected, despite the fact the soldiers had no connection to the people there...

And you're saying they'd somehow have more success controlling US citizens? You're saying a great majority of the military would be more than happy to fire on US citizens?

Full of holes, Joe.

So your saying we don't need guns to protect us from the government.

I don't sell my guns.

You pay sales tax if you register the car. I have bought vehicles and never registered them therefore I never paid sales tax or excise tax on them.

Full of holes, Joe.

I'm saying we most definitely do. The point I was making was that despite the military - as a whole - having a much mightier arsenal of weaponry than your average citizen, I don't believe they'd be effective at forcefully controlling an armed an educated US population.

I don't sell my guns.

You pay sales tax if you register the car. I have bought vehicles and never registered them therefore I never paid sales tax or excise tax on them.

Sounds illegal. How would you sell one without a title?

Sounds illegal. How would you sell one without a title?

title_new_york_back.jpg

There are multiple transfers allowed on one title

Full of holes, Joe.

I'm saying we most definitely do. The point I was making was that despite the military - as a whole - having a much mightier arsenal of weaponry than your average citizen, I don't believe they'd be effective at forcefully controlling an armed an educated US population.

You said they wouldn't fire on us. Why would we need to be armed?

How do countries in Europe with very few guns avoid tyranny if guns are needed?

Guy, there are no "rights". THere are the privilages society lets you have.

:cuckoo:

You go with that genius....

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

Last edited:

Full of holes, Joe.

Ridiculous argument.

If the surivival of the powers that be required us to subdue Iraq, we'd have subdued Iraq.

I think most of these young mostly minority kids will fire on Bubba Rednecks trying to cut off mom's food stamps.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

Yeah, but you know what, I didn't see Tommy Jefferson going out and handing a bunch of guns to his slaves...

Kind of hard to take a guy seriously about "rights" and "Freedom" when you know that he went home and raped that little girl who had the bad luck to look like his dead wife.

Most of those countries are third world ratholes, without central government or some kind of anarchy.

But if you compare us to other industrialized nations, most of which either limit gun ownership or ban it outright, we have a murder rate in the tens of thousands, and they have murder rates in the hundres.

Let's review, shall we?

G-7 Countries only, the countries that are our peers in economics, culture and advancement.

USA- 15,953 murders, 11,101 with guns.

United Kingdom- 653 murders, 38 with guns.

Italy - 552 Homicides, 218 with guns.

Germany - 662 homicides, 158 with guns.

France - 753 homicides, 134 with guns.

Canada - 529, homicides 173 with guns

Japan - 442 homicides, 11 with guns.

Cherry picking motherfucker. That's you! Sorry, you don't get to list the countries YOU think are worthy of comparison just because they have low murder rates. That does not change the fact that OVER 100 countries have higher murder rates than the US and no, not all of them are "anarchist ratholes".

FAIL.

I specifically listed countries that have a equivlent level of economic, social and political development to the US. IN short, our peer group. Countries that are like us.

Now, you can point out a country like Mexico that is lawless and say, "Hey, they have more murders than we do", but I don't think you'd want America to be more like Canada and less like Mexico.

Bullshit. The only reason you picked those countries is because they have low murder rates. Sorry, there's just no getting around that over 100 countries have higher murder rates than the US despite their ban on firearms...and plenty of them are like us. Further, you over look that countries like England and Australia have much higher violent crime and rape rates than the US...but they're just ratholes too, eh? :cuckoo:

Yeah, but you know what, I didn't see Tommy Jefferson going out and handing a bunch of guns to his slaves...

Red herring.

Kind of hard to take a guy seriously about "rights" and "Freedom" when you know that he went home and raped that little girl who had the bad luck to look like his dead wife.

Another red herring.

Sorry, the Supreme Court and hundreds of years of legal precedent disagree with you.

But of course, YOU know best...:doubt:

Uh, no, if these guys can own or get guns, it's not "tightly controlled"

Wait a darn second! Are you saying crazy motherfuckers DON'T OBEY THE LAW???

My goodness, who would have thunk such a think possible?

Well clearly, the solution is to ensure nobody is able to protect themselves against these thugs and insane fucks. That's do the trick...:cuckoo:

No, I am saying that all three of these guys were able to LEGALLY get guns (or in Lanza's case, get access to them) despite the fact eveyrone in their lives knew they were crazy.

I would ad Cho (the guy from VA Tech) to this list as well. All four of these guys were nuts.

THree of them were able to walk into guns stores and buy weapons. The other took his Mommy's weapons after she trained him how to use them.

Now, frankly, although I have no interest in making you supposedly "responsible" gun owners happy, I'd be willing to meet you all halfway. Have a gun ownership system like Germany has. Germany has 17 million guns for 80 million citizens, but they don't give them to anyone who wants one because 230 years ago, some slave-rapists couldn't write a militia clause clearly.

Got it. YOU should determine who gets a firearm and who doesn't...'cuz you know what's best.

Yea, pass.

Forum List

Back