What if she didn't have a gun?

[

Not everyone should have a gun. NOt everyone needs a gun, and there ought to be sensible criteria as to who can own one.

There is. Try buying one dip stick.

Again, Lanza, Cho, Loughner and Holmes...

Whatever you think is too tough is obviously not tough enough.

Somebody ignorant of the law and the circumstances would think that.

You have to look at each case individually, and then look at current laws. These guys would never be able to buy them now, not if the system wasn't rigged to set these scenarios up in the first place. Then you have to figure if they wanted them bad enough they could still get them, or simply build a pressure-cooker bomb. You can't stop this from happening just by creating gun-free zones or going after responsible owners. You folks don't want to discriminate or use profiling. There lies the flaw in your argument. Treat everyone like criminals regardless of the constitution.

And if you really want to make a comparison to cars... car owners have to be tested, licensed, registered and insured.

Not by the Feds they don't. And you do NOT need a test, a license or insurance to purchase and use a vehicle on your own property.

Thanks for making our point dumb ass! :lol:

Wow, really stretching, aren't we flattie? point is, cars are tightly regulated for everyone's safety.

And so should guns be.

The ownership of cars is not tightly regulated.

in fact a minor can buy a car or motorcycle anytime he wants as long as he can pay for it and he can drive those vehicles without a license as long as it's not on a public road.

[

The one on the left used his mother's gun, and all of them were on medication for a mental condition. Keep em away from these folks. Should we put the ocean off-limits because someone drowns? Apparently so. This is your rationale.

YOu know when my 3 year old grand-neice gets caught doing something she shouldn't be doing, she wants to talk about everything else but what she did.

It's endearing for a 3 year old. NOt so much for grown men.

You guys want to talk about cars and phones and now the fucking ocean (really? Seriously?) because you can't talk about the sensible thing.

Not everyone should have a gun. NOt everyone needs a gun, and there ought to be sensible criteria as to who can own one.

The law already recognizes the fact that "not everyone" should own a gun. Laws are already in place that address the issue. However, every concerned father and husband does "need" a gun if he has any hope of protecting his family against predators and violent criminals (or tyrannical governments).

The "criteria" for owning a gun is that one need be an American citizen protected by the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution. The second "criteria" has already been addressed. Folks with felonies or severe mental illness are forbidden by law from owning a gun.

I own several guns and have owned a gun since I was 12 years old. I've done a lot of hunting and target shooting but have never shot anyone. I did point my weapon at a would-be criminal once which was enough to cause him to think twice and drive away. I and all Americans have the right to defend themselves and their property. It's a right that we're born with.

again, the provision in the constitution that allows "Anchor Babies" is more clearly written than the one that says you can own a gun.

Eh, not really Joe. The Constitution is pretty f%cking clear, lol:

AMENDMENT II: "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed"

Note that it specifically notes "the right of the people" (vs the right of the militia, etc) to keep and bear arms. You and I - as citizens - are "the people". Those words are chosen very carefully, Joe. Don't throw away your rights.

YOu're right. It is pretty clear. WELL REGULATED MILITIA.

THere is no value to me owning a gun nor 99% of the people who have them.

All you have are the recipes for 32,000 tragedies every year.

again, the provision in the constitution that allows "Anchor Babies" is more clearly written than the one that says you can own a gun.

AMENDMENT II: "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed"

Note that it specifically notes "the right of the people" (vs the right of the militia, etc) to keep and bear arms. You and I - as citizens - are "the people". Those words are chosen very carefully, Joe. Don't throw away your rights.

Sucks to be you.....

Last edited:

I am a militia of one with the sole order of protecting myself.

I will not protect you or anyone else who chooses government agents as their primary means of defense.

And suicide is not a crime so suicide does not belong in the gun crime statistics.

Does anyone know that falling out of bed kills almost twice as many people per year here in the United States than rifles?

That's ALL rifle deaths combined - homicides, accidents, suicides, ect.

I feel the media blows out of proportion the threat a weapon like the "AR-15" poses to our society. I think people need to take a deep breath and consider the whole picture.

[

The law already recognizes the fact that "not everyone" should own a gun. Laws are already in place that address the issue. However, every concerned father and husband does "need" a gun if he has any hope of protecting his family against predators and violent criminals (or tyrannical governments).

The "criteria" for owning a gun is that one need be an American citizen protected by the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution. The second "criteria" has already been addressed. Folks with felonies or severe mental illness are forbidden by law from owning a gun.

I own several guns and have owned a gun since I was 12 years old. I've done a lot of hunting and target shooting but have never shot anyone. I did point my weapon at a would-be criminal once which was enough to cause him to think twice and drive away. I and all Americans have the right to defend themselves and their property. It's a right that we're born with.

Guy, there are no "rights". THere are the privilages society lets you have.

Any fool who thinks he has "Rights" needs to look up "Japanese-Americans, 1942".

Now, the question is, should society allow you the privilage of having a gun. Where you answered with the stupid reason and the crazy reason.

The stupid reason is that you need a gun to protect your family, but surveys have foud that guns in the home are far more likely to kill a member of the household than a bad guy.

The Crazy reason is you need guns to protect yourself against a government that has fighter-planes and drones and tanks and cannons and nuclear weapons.

Does anyone know that falling out of bed kills almost twice as many people per year here in the United States than rifles?

I feel the media blows out of proportion the threat a weapon like the "AR-15" poses to our society. I think people need to take a deep breath and consider the whole picture.

We need beds. (although I think this is one of those dubious numbers.)

We don't need guns.

Not by the Feds they don't. And you do NOT need a test, a license or insurance to purchase and use a vehicle on your own property.

Thanks for making our point dumb ass! :lol:

Wow, really stretching, aren't we flattie? point is, cars are tightly regulated for everyone's safety.

And so should guns be.

in fact a minor can buy a car or motorcycle anytime he wants as long as he can pay for it and he can drive those vehicles without a license as long as it's not on a public road.

Do we have record of the owner? If he sells the car do we know who to? Don't think we have those things for guns.

We don't need guns.

We don't need beds. People have slept without beds for millions of years. Whereas people have always needed and used weapons.

I will not protect you or anyone else who chooses government agents as their primary means of defense.

And suicide is not a crime so suicide does not belong in the gun crime statistics.

A suicide is a death that absolutely belongs in the gun death statistic.

And frankly, I'm a lot more worried about "a militia of one" than I am about the government or a crook. Because frankly, you guys go on and on about all the people you just can't wait to shoot.

Joe- you ignore that the amendment clearly says that it's the right of "THE PEOPLE" to keep and bear arms.

It does not say "the right of the militia" to keep and bear arms. These men were no morons. They chose their words very, very carefully.

All you have to do is take a moment to read some additional quotes from our Founding Fathers to see that they are quite in favor of ordinary citizens bearing arms.

Tell that to the parents of the children Lanza killed. It's not about how often people are killed with them, more about how fast they kill when used.

And so should guns be.

Do we have record of the owner? If he sells the car do we know who to? Don't think we have those things for guns.

In my state every gun I ever bought has been recorded.

And if you never register a car the only record of the sale is the title and that doesn't have to be filed anywhere.

Actually a pump-action shotgun is better. Firing a AR-15 is slower and more hazardous for the shooter in enclosed spaces due to ricochets and more chance of missing the target.

A suicide is a death that absolutely belongs in the gun death statistic.

And frankly, I'm a lot more worried about "a militia of one" than I am about the government or a crook. Because frankly, you guys go on and on about all the people you just can't wait to shoot.

It's not a crime so it doesn't count.

We don't need guns.

We may not NEED guns, but they exist and bad people will always have access to them. Always. There's no way to vaporize guns off the face of the Earth.

Thus, good people will always NEED guns to protect themselves from bad people with guns.

Tell that to the parents of the children Lanza killed. It's not about how often people are killed with them, more about how fast they kill when used.

Yeah, would have never happened if somebody was packing heat.

Not allowed. Criminals get the guns, we get dead.

In my state every gun I ever bought has been recorded.

And if you never register a car the only record of the sale is the title and that doesn't have to be filed anywhere.

And if you sell your gun to your cousin is that recorded? What if the car is sold?

Forum List

Back