What if she didn't have a gun?

How do countries in Europe with very few guns avoid tyranny if guns are needed?

How do they avoid tyranny? Am I to address only the last 60 years, or shall I start with the late 1930's in Germany and go back from there?

Simple answer is that they haven't avoided tyranny. 6 million Jews were executed - by the government - within the lifetimes of many of my generation's grandparents.

BUt here was the thing. GUns were pretty freely available in Europe before World War II.

Guns were widely owned by average Germans, and the Nazis actually LOOSENED the gun ownership laws.

Gun ownership was also pretty widespread in the nations Germany conquered. ANd it didn't slow them down a bit. IN fact, much to France's shame, there were more Frenchmen who supported VIchy than the Resistance.

[

Bullshit. The only reason you picked those countries is because they have low murder rates. Sorry, there's just no getting around that over 100 countries have higher murder rates than the US despite their ban on firearms...and plenty of them are like us. Further, you over look that countries like England and Australia have much higher violent crime and rape rates than the US...but they're just ratholes too, eh? :cuckoo:

Guy, you realized that I listed the UNITED KINGDOM, which England is part of, right?

United Kingdom- Which includes Scotland, Wales, England and Northern freakin' Ireland, -

Total number of murders - 653, of which 38 were with guns.

Okay, now let's look at Australia. Australia had 188 murders, of which 25 were committed with guns.

NOw, I don't care about rapes or assaults, because you realy can fudge those numbers. Hell, I used to do it all the time when I was on the right. (See, that's the problem, I know all your guys tricks.)

Murder is a nice, hard, unambigous statistic. And guess what. Other industrialized democracies ban guns, they have less crime than we do, and they have less murder.

Guns don't make you any safer.

[

Bullshit. The only reason you picked those countries is because they have low murder rates. Sorry, there's just no getting around that over 100 countries have higher murder rates than the US despite their ban on firearms...and plenty of them are like us. Further, you over look that countries like England and Australia have much higher violent crime and rape rates than the US...but they're just ratholes too, eh? :cuckoo:

Guy, you realized that I listed the UNITED KINGDOM, which England is part of, right?

United Kingdom- Which includes Scotland, Wales, England and Northern freakin' Ireland, -

Okay, now let's look at Australia. Australia had 188 murders, of which 25 were committed with guns.

NOw, I don't care about rapes or assaults, because you realy can fudge those numbers. Hell, I used to do it all the time when I was on the right. (See, that's the problem, I know all your guys tricks.)

Murder is a nice, hard, unambigous statistic. And guess what. Other industrialized democracies ban guns, they have less crime than we do, and they have less murder.

The lack of guns doesn't ether. Remove the guns and you still have murders. I don't think you want to end murder, just guns.

[

The lack of guns doesn't ether. Remove the guns and you still have murders. I don't think you want to end murder, just guns.

NO, I'd like to end all murder.

Getting rid of guns solves 90% of the problem, mostly because it's a lot easier to shoot someone than to beat them to death with your fists.

Getting rid of guns solves 90% of the problem, mostly because it's a lot easier to shoot someone than to beat them to death with your fists.

Stabbing is almost as easy. Bombing is easier. No trace.

As well she should be.

The first time a pizza delivery person shoots someone who makes them nervous, that's a nice big deep pocket for the lawyers of the deceased to tap into.

^ point proven. Prefers unarmed victim to a woman explaining how some thug got that fatal bullet wound.

Well, when we are all so scared of each other than we all pack heat, this is a good thing to you, how?

Hey, guess how many gun murders we had last year? 11,000!

Guess how many gun murders JAPAN had last year? 11.

And how many Japanese have reported armed home invasions connected with
organized trafficking of drugs by gangs crossing the border illegally?

Sounds illegal. How would you sell one without a title?

title_new_york_back.jpg

There are multiple transfers allowed on one title

How many people are killed by cars not registered?

Don't know. Don't care.

To look at life through rose colored glasses,all the time. No it would not ,not even close.You want to end murder,you have to look WAY past guns.

[

And a higher rate of violence. You forgot that part.

And by the way, our murder rates are incredibly high in a few specific counties. Outside of those counties, where firearm ownership is most prevalent, we have murder rate on par...or even lower...than your beloved European utopias....DESPITE all those evil firearms!

Which just proves, it's not the guns, it's the idiots pulling the trigger.

NOw, I don't care about rapes or assaults

Speaks VOLUMES about you.

, because you realy can fudge those numbers. Hell, I used to do it all the time when I was on the right.

Don't believe that for a second.

Murder is a nice, hard, unambigous statistic.

Then why do you keep posting numbers that include suicides???

And guess what. Other industrialized democracies ban guns, they have less crime than we do, and they have less murder.

Guns don't make you any less safer either. Otherwise, we'd have the among the highest murder rates and the 100+ countries that have banned guns would have lower rates. But that's not the case.

Fail again.

Last edited:
How do countries in Europe with very few guns avoid tyranny if guns are needed?

How do they avoid tyranny? Is that an actual question?

Come on man.

Why do we need guns if they don't?

But are you saying that we should model all of our laws based on what the Europeans do? I don't think that's the way we should handle things. Also note that you're never going to get rid of guns in America, they will always be there. There exists over 250,000,000 of them.

The only question is which scenario do you want:

1.) Government and criminals to have access to guns
2.) Government, criminals, and law abiding citizens to have access to guns

if you're going to use simple logic I'm going to choose option #2. Why wouldn't you?

Last edited:
[

Got it. YOU should determine who gets a firearm and who doesn't...'cuz you know what's best.

Yea, pass.

few more school shootings, you won't have a say in the issue.

You think you will? the self absorption from these types is truly astounding.

I think we are close to a tipping point where a few more school shootings, sane people won't listen to an NRA that opposes sensible gun laws even its own membership supports.

[
And a higher rate of violence. You forgot that part.

And by the way, our murder rates are incredibly high in a few specific counties. Outside of those counties, where firearm ownership is most prevalent, we have murder rate on par...or even lower...than your beloved European utopias....DESPITE all those evil firearms!

Which just proves, it's not the guns, it's the idiots pulling the trigger.

Except they don't, guy. Not even close. "Well, murder rates would be low if we discounted those counties were PEOPLE ACTUALLY LIVE!!!" My God, man, here's the problem with you Right Wingers. The smart people like me gave up, and they are just stuck with retards like you.

Hey, guess what, those European Utopias. They have cities that are JUST AS CROWDED as ours, and they don't have high murder rates.

Mostly because they don't let every asshole who wants a gun have one.

[

And guess what. Other industrialized democracies ban guns, they have less crime than we do, and they have less murder.

Guns don't make you any less safer either. Otherwise, we'd have the among the highest murder rates and the 100+ countries that have banned guns would have lower rates. But that's not the case.

Fail again.

WHich 100 countries are you even talking about, guy?

South Africa. Allows guns.
Mexico - Right to bear arms is in their constitution just like ours.

Somalia? Seriously, which fucking countries are you talking about.

I gave you SIX COUNTRIES, all about our size in economy and economic advance, and guess what, they DON'T HAVE ALL THAT MANY MURDERS!!!!

To look at life through rose colored glasses,all the time. No it would not ,not even close.You want to end murder,you have to look WAY past guns.

We'd eliminate 60% of them. That would work for me.

Forum List

Back