What if she didn't have a gun?

No you were not right. If you buy a firearm from a dealer, which most firearms are, a background check will have been made. In essence all dealers run background checks for all firearms.

Even caught in a lie you keep going? We just went over several sales situations that do not get a background check. So all sales do not have background checks. I did not say from a dealer. I could sell you a gun with no check. That's a fact!!!

I haven't lied at all. I distinctly stated that every purchase from a dealer required a background check. That is a fact, not a lie.

You said and I quote "all gun sales do not require a background check", that is a lie since guns bought from a dealer do require background checks.

Now if you sell your neighbor a firearm you aren't require to perform a background check, however it does requires some level of intelligence on your part. You shouldn't sell withyout a bill of sale and you shouldn't sell to a known felon or anyone you suspect of not legally owning a firearm for the simple fact that the firearm can be traced back to you.

Yes all sales do not require a background check. That is true. Now if I said, All sales do require a background check. Now that is false. If all sales required a check I couldn't sell you a gun without a check. Do you have trouble reading?

True that...what perplexes me is the extremist thinking ..that reasonable regs re gun ownership means "they're taking away our guns"; cries of tyranny etc....Responsible gun enthusiasts need not be opposed to:
Qualifications for gun purchase, including age maturity, training in gun use and safety, background checks for criminality and mental illness.
Gun registration and owner licensure renewable every few years, like a car license...based on meeting above requirements.
Limiting gun magazines to 6 rounds.
Reasonable regs in no way obstruct the "freedom" of gun ownership...and support the freedom of all to live without fear of senseless death.
Even the 2nd Amendment stipulates "well ordered" firearm ownership.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

What a load of horse shit!

First of all moron, when you purchase a gun you go through a background check. Magazine capacity would not stop anyone from mass murdering lots of people in gun free zones, they would simply have to slide in a fresh mag, takes about one second.

The 2nd Amendment does not contain the words "well ordered".

Sorry, you didn't say from a dealer.

True that...what perplexes me is the extremist thinking ..that reasonable regs re gun ownership means "they're taking away our guns"; cries of tyranny etc....Responsible gun enthusiasts need not be opposed to:
Qualifications for gun purchase, including age maturity, training in gun use and safety, background checks for criminality and mental illness.
Gun registration and owner licensure renewable every few years, like a car license...based on meeting above requirements.
Limiting gun magazines to 6 rounds.
Reasonable regs in no way obstruct the "freedom" of gun ownership...and support the freedom of all to live without fear of senseless death.
Even the 2nd Amendment stipulates "well ordered" firearm ownership.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

First of all moron, when you purchase a gun you go through a background check. Magazine capacity would not stop anyone from mass murdering lots of people in gun free zones, they would simply have to slide in a fresh mag, takes about one second.

You moved the goalposts. Anyone with a license is a dealer. You can't call yourself a car dealer if you just sell your car. There are laws for them to follow, not you.

Once somebody buys a gun from a dealer you can't control what happens to it. That's why they can be selective on who they sell them to. If they have a bad feeling about the person, they won't sell them one, even if they pass a background check.

Even caught in a lie you keep going? We just went over several sales situations that do not get a background check. So all sales do not have background checks. I did not say from a dealer. I could sell you a gun with no check. That's a fact!!!

I haven't lied at all. I distinctly stated that every purchase from a dealer required a background check. That is a fact, not a lie.

You said and I quote "all gun sales do not require a background check", that is a lie since guns bought from a dealer do require background checks.

Now if you sell your neighbor a firearm you aren't require to perform a background check, however it does requires some level of intelligence on your part. You shouldn't sell withyout a bill of sale and you shouldn't sell to a known felon or anyone you suspect of not legally owning a firearm for the simple fact that the firearm can be traced back to you.

Yes all sales do not require a background check. That is true. Now if I said, All sales do require a background check. Now that is false. If all sales required a check I couldn't sell you a gun without a check. Do you have trouble reading?

I get it, you get your ass kicked on the facts now you want to argue over semantics.

Here's another fact for you, no amount of background checks or gun registrations will stop criminals and the criminally insane from killing people with a firearm. If you haven't gotten the memo yet, I'll share it with you.

Criminals by definition do not follow the law!

You moved the goalposts. Anyone with a license is a dealer. You can't call yourself a car dealer if you just sell your car. There are laws for them to follow, not you.

Once somebody buys a gun from a dealer you can't control what happens to it. That's why they can be selective on who they sell them to. If they have a bad feeling about the person, they won't sell them one, even if they pass a background check.

Who said dealer?

I get it, you get your ass kicked on the facts now you want to argue over semantics.

Here's another fact for you, no amount of background checks or gun registrations will stop criminals and the criminally insane from killing people with a firearm. If you haven't gotten the memo yet, I'll share it with you.

Clearly you don't get it. I won on facts. All gun sales do not require a background check. That's a fact, you lose.

Yes it will.

When you buy a firearm under some as yet not passed law, all creatures on the planet are protected until the gun is destroyed.

Clearly you don't get it. I won on facts. All gun sales do not require a background check. That's a fact, you lose.

I lost nothing. You just can't admit that your argument is flawed.

Nothing is flawed. I can sell you a gun with no background check. That means I am right and you are wrong. Admit it and move on already.

[

It's the same thing with abortion. The pro-side is afraid to allow any restrictions for fear that their rights will eventually be eroded away.

Well, no, you see the difference there is that the rational behind the anti-side is that abortion is wrong because fetuses are people.

Otherwise, they'd have no logical reason to be against it.

Now, frankly, I'd be just as happy if we banned all guns, because there isn't a single good reason why you should have one.

But I could live with having gun laws like Germany, where gun owners are heavily vetted before being allowed to have guns, and as a result, Germany only has a few hundred murders a year.

There you go again trying to decide for everyone else whether they have a good reason to have a gun.
It's not up to you, although as a liberal I know you want the state to have that power over the citizenry.

Nothing is flawed. I can sell you a gun with no background check. That means I am right and you are wrong. Admit it and move on already.

That means you're skirting the issue.

A new law won't prevent a blackmarket in arms sales.

Problem is your logic is faulty.

Your solution is putting the oceans off limits because somebody drowning.

Last edited:
[

As was pointed out before to you, the woman says she did not know the intruder. Again however, it doesn't matter. A pissed off former boyfriend full of emotions can be every bit as dangerous as an intruder.

I'm sure that's what she says... I'm not buying it.

But you have a point, a jilted boyfriend might show up and start singing Beegee Songs...

So you've never came across a story where an ex-boyfriend or husband showed up at the womans residence and either killed or assaulted her ?
Shall I dig up a few dozen of them for you ?

No you could never sell me a gun. I doubt you've ever owned one.

Well we have learned you won't admit when your wrong. Not a good quality. Why do you doubt I own one? Because I want it to be difficult for criminals to get them?

No you could never sell me a gun. I doubt you've ever owned one.

Well we have learned you won't admit when your wrong. Not a good quality. Why do you doubt I own one? Because I want it to be difficult for criminals to get them?

How would passing more laws make it more difficult for criminals? Are they going to suddenly start obeying the laws?

I doubt you own one because you do not seem intelligent enough to handle the responsibility.

Because we realize most people lack the training and judgement to have one.

32,000 gun deaths in the US Last year.

How many of those were good guys defending themselves from "bad" guys?

How many of those by concealed carry holders? Are you counting suicides? Shootings by cops?

Yep, you sure are - Comrade Stalin.

[q

There you go again trying to decide for everyone else whether they have a good reason to have a gun.
It's not up to you, although as a liberal I know you want the state to have that power over the citizenry.

Scalia has a heart attack. (DOctors are amazed to find he actually HAD a heart.)

Obama or Clinton nominate Lawrence Tribe to SCOTUS.

Heller gets overturned. The Second Amendment is about Militias again.

[

As was pointed out before to you, the woman says she did not know the intruder. Again however, it doesn't matter. A pissed off former boyfriend full of emotions can be every bit as dangerous as an intruder.

I'm sure that's what she says... I'm not buying it.

But you have a point, a jilted boyfriend might show up and start singing Beegee Songs...

So you've never came across a story where an ex-boyfriend or husband showed up at the womans residence and either killed or assaulted her ?
Shall I dig up a few dozen of them for you ?

Right. BUt usually most of those stories are - BECUASE HE HAD A GUN!!!!

Because we realize most people lack the training and judgement to have one.

32,000 gun deaths in the US Last year.

How many of those were good guys defending themselves from "bad" guys?

How many of those by concealed carry holders? Are you counting suicides? Shootings by cops?

Yep, you sure are - Comrade Stalin.

Details.....details.....:mad:

Forum List

Back