What if she didn't have a gun?

No it wasn't. My point is that you don't need guns for a low violent crime rate. Many countries beat ours with very few guns.

And many do not. In fact Australia has twice the amount of violent crime we do and they have some of the toughest gun control laws.

No, they don't.

Australia had 188 murders in 2011. That was down from 516 in 1996 when they passed very restrictive gun laws.

Again, compare that to the US with our 16,000 murders, 11,000 with guns.

Are you incapable of comprehending the posts you quote, or are you just lying because you KNOW that the truth shreds your argument?

Joe is right. We have gun crime, but not at the same rate seen in the US. And zero mass shootings since 1996.

What they didn't tell you is that the employee was probably fired under company policy. I remember those days. The one time the two punks tried to rob me on delievery I beat them with a rock, my hands and a piece of a 2X4. Good times. That was a tough scrape.

Please, explain.... in what way does that scene constitute "good times"?

Even caught in a lie you keep going? We just went over several sales situations that do not get a background check. So all sales do not have background checks. I did not say from a dealer. I could sell you a gun with no check. That's a fact!!!

I haven't lied at all. I distinctly stated that every purchase from a dealer required a background check. That is a fact, not a lie.

You said and I quote "all gun sales do not require a background check", that is a lie since guns bought from a dealer do require background checks.

Now if you sell your neighbor a firearm you aren't require to perform a background check, however it does requires some level of intelligence on your part. You shouldn't sell withyout a bill of sale and you shouldn't sell to a known felon or anyone you suspect of not legally owning a firearm for the simple fact that the firearm can be traced back to you.

Yes all sales do not require a background check. That is true. Now if I said, All sales do require a background check. Now that is false. If all sales required a check I couldn't sell you a gun without a check. Do you have trouble reading?

so here in ny we have this new lib law called the safe act. its supposed to make ny'rs safer, eliminate deadly assault weapons, register all existing guns. register all ammo sold. so lets look at the reality. they estimated there were 300,000 assault style weapons in NY. 30,000 were registered. so much for braindead liberal assumptions everyone would obey the law. so now you have all these people who own guns but don't want to go through the hassle of registering them, don't want to be on some government list, but don't wan to be outside the law. so what have they been doing? well selling their guns. to anyone, anywhere. at garage sales. in parking lots. guns, ammo, large capacity mags. no background checks, no record of who owns them, hopefully no adam lanzas have been out shopping. yea, real safe. well ny has already spend millions on trying to build a database to track ammo sales. guess what? no luck. so that ain't being done either. guess what else? ammo shops are poping up all over in non communist bordering states like PA, VA, NH. you can get all the ammo you want. pick up some fire works while you're at it. and no more assault style weapons for sale anymore. well not at a legitimate gun shop who will check and register your weapon. but black market sales are sure on the rise. no background checks necessary, so registrations, no records of sales. new york is probably less safe than ever. but liberal pinheads have their do nothing law. law abiding citizens take another one up the ass and criminals go about their business as usual.

No you could never sell me a gun. I doubt you've ever owned one.

Well we have learned you won't admit when your wrong. Not a good quality. Why do you doubt I own one? Because I want it to be difficult for criminals to get them?

How would passing more laws make it more difficult for criminals? Are they going to suddenly start obeying the laws?

I doubt you own one because you do not seem intelligent enough to handle the responsibility.

Well we just discussed the loophole in background checks and you pretty well explained the importance of registration. So then they would have only the black market. Well it's much harder to find a seller on the black market. I would guess you also have to pay more. And well if your buying on the black market there is a good chance you get caught in the act of buying. So then you catch them before they shoot people. That would be nice.

I think you've proven you don't need to be intelligent to own a gun. But if your not enough here is some more proof:

http://www.lancastereaglegazette.co...02250023/Prosecutor-Class-shooting-accidental

Police say young boy accidentally shoots father, self at Bass Pro Shops | Oklahoma City - OKC - KOCO.com

Man Accidentally Kills Self With Gun During Demonstration On Gun Safety

Father Charged After 3-Year-Old Girl Fatally Shoots Self In Head With Pistol

Neighbors React To Accidental Shooting That Killed BA Toddler - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

There are many many more. These people are safer are they?

I haven't lied at all. I distinctly stated that every purchase from a dealer required a background check. That is a fact, not a lie.

You said and I quote "all gun sales do not require a background check", that is a lie since guns bought from a dealer do require background checks.

Now if you sell your neighbor a firearm you aren't require to perform a background check, however it does requires some level of intelligence on your part. You shouldn't sell withyout a bill of sale and you shouldn't sell to a known felon or anyone you suspect of not legally owning a firearm for the simple fact that the firearm can be traced back to you.

Yes all sales do not require a background check. That is true. Now if I said, All sales do require a background check. Now that is false. If all sales required a check I couldn't sell you a gun without a check. Do you have trouble reading?

so here in ny we have this new lib law called the safe act. its supposed to make ny'rs safer, eliminate deadly assault weapons, register all existing guns. register all ammo sold. so lets look at the reality. they estimated there were 300,000 assault style weapons in NY. 30,000 were registered. so much for braindead liberal assumptions everyone would obey the law. so now you have all these people who own guns but don't want to go through the hassle of registering them, don't want to be on some government list, but don't wan to be outside the law. so what have they been doing? well selling their guns. to anyone, anywhere. at garage sales. in parking lots. guns, ammo, large capacity mags. no background checks, no record of who owns them, hopefully no adam lanzas have been out shopping. yea, real safe. well ny has already spend millions on trying to build a database to track ammo sales. guess what? no luck. so that ain't being done either. guess what else? ammo shops are poping up all over in non communist bordering states like PA, VA, NH. you can get all the ammo you want. pick up some fire works while you're at it. and no more assault style weapons for sale anymore. well not at a legitimate gun shop who will check and register your weapon. but black market sales are sure on the rise. no background checks necessary, so registrations, no records of sales. new york is probably less safe than ever. but liberal pinheads have their do nothing law. law abiding citizens take another one up the ass and criminals go about their business as usual.

Let's face it. Gun confiscation is never going to happen in America. There are 300,000 assault weapons in NY alone with 1 percent registered. That is a low number compared to some of the other States. There are enough assault weapons, guns, ammo to arm every citizen within the United States. Should our nation ever be invaded by an enemy force and our military is still overseas? We have our own army. 300 million strong.

Let's face it. Gun confiscation is never going to happen in America. There are 300,000 assault weapons in NY alone with 1 percent registered. That is a low number compared to some of the other States. There are enough assault weapons, guns, ammo to arm every citizen within the United States. Should our nation ever be invaded by an enemy force and our military is still overseas? We have our own army. 300 million strong.

interestingly enough, that is exactly what the framers envisioned. they also saw a civilian miitia as a way for civilians to protect themselves against government. and as james Madison, the author of the 2nd amendment said, the civilian militia should be stronger then the regular army should the government ever turn the army against the citizens. makes you wonder why our government is so intent on disarming its citizens

Well we have learned you won't admit when your wrong. Not a good quality. Why do you doubt I own one? Because I want it to be difficult for criminals to get them?

How would passing more laws make it more difficult for criminals? Are they going to suddenly start obeying the laws?

I doubt you own one because you do not seem intelligent enough to handle the responsibility.

Well we just discussed the loophole in background checks and you pretty well explained the importance of registration. So then they would have only the black market. Well it's much harder to find a seller on the black market. I would guess you also have to pay more. And well if your buying on the black market there is a good chance you get caught in the act of buying. So then you catch them before they shoot people. That would be nice.

I think you've proven you don't need to be intelligent to own a gun. But if your not enough here is some more proof:

http://www.lancastereaglegazette.co...02250023/Prosecutor-Class-shooting-accidental

Police say young boy accidentally shoots father, self at Bass Pro Shops | Oklahoma City - OKC - KOCO.com

Neighbors React To Accidental Shooting That Killed BA Toddler - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

yea, just like you can't find a seller fro drugs on the black market and if you buy drugs on the black market you have a better chance of getting caught.

good god, if you only had a brain.

yea, just like you can't find a seller fro drugs on the black market and if you buy drugs on the black market you have a better chance of getting caught.

Why is it so important to you that criminals can get guns easily? That push your gun agenda?

Why do you always use drugs as the example? Drugs can be made or grown in your basement. Why not use machine guns or grenades. Lets see you get ahold of those.

Why is it so important to you that criminals can get guns easily? That push your gun agenda?

criminals get guns easy in spite of your do nothing laws. why do you gun grabbing morons continue to push legislation that penalizes legal citizens, violates their rights and does absolutely nothing to stop the criminal element? crime must give you a woody

criminals get guns easy in spite of your do nothing laws. why do you gun grabbing morons continue to push legislation that penalizes legal citizens, violates their rights and does absolutely nothing to stop the criminal element? crime must give you a woody

There have been 1,065,090 denials. Imagine if we didn't have loopholes.
FBI ? NICS 15th Anniversary: Stats Show Success of Gun Background Check System

[q

There you go again trying to decide for everyone else whether they have a good reason to have a gun.
It's not up to you, although as a liberal I know you want the state to have that power over the citizenry.

Scalia has a heart attack. (DOctors are amazed to find he actually HAD a heart.)

Obama or Clinton nominate Lawrence Tribe to SCOTUS.

Heller gets overturned. The Second Amendment is about Militias again.

Keep dreaming buddy. You can pass all the legislation, or judicial decisions you want, but there are over 300 million firearms in this country, and while you might get some, millions of owners will not be willing to hand them over.

Why do you always use drugs as the example? Drugs can be made or grown in your basement. Why not use machine guns or grenades. Lets see you get ahold of those.

but drugs aren't made in a basement by most people are they? most people buy them on the black market. in fact once drugs were made illegal they became the biggest black market item. a black market that supports violent gangs and drug cartels. it supports groups that are strong enough to take on governments and win. and now you're handing them another product to get richer and more powerful on. and they have a market flush and ready to buy. left up to liberal idiots, every gun purchased would have no traceable record.

you can make a gun in your basement. you can make your own gun powder, 3 easily obtainable ingredients. technology is now allowing you to make a gun that is not detectable by metal detectors. 3d technology allows you to print your own gun. in 5 years that technology will be widespread in domestic manufacturing. in 5 years it will be affordable by the general public. you'll still be chasing your tail trying to ban and confiscate guns instead of addressing the real issues. liberal pinheads are incapable of fixing the problems. they are incapable of even identifying what the problems are.

but congratulations, you morons are awarded the gun salesman of the year award. thank you for getting so many guns sold and turning the industry into a $40 billion a year industry and the fastest growing in America. thank you for making gun owners the fastest growing demographic in America. thank you for making the NRA one of the most powerful lobbies.

Joe is right. We have gun crime, but not at the same rate seen in the US. And zero mass shootings since 1996.

Before 1996 we're you walking around in fear Noomi ?

before 1996 the gun homicide rates in Australia were the same as they are today. notice every story about Australian gun control starts with 1996. the one year they ad a spike do to one incident? to discuss previous years destroys their spin

but drugs aren't made in a basement by most people are they? most people buy them on the black market. in fact once drugs were made illegal they became the biggest black market item. a black market that supports violent gangs and drug cartels. it supports groups that are strong enough to take on governments and win. and now you're handing them another product to get richer and more powerful on. and they have a market flush and ready to buy. left up to liberal idiots, every gun purchased would have no traceable record.

you can make a gun in your basement. you can make your own gun powder, 3 easily obtainable ingredients. technology is now allowing you to make a gun that is not detectable by metal detectors. 3d technology allows you to print your own gun. in 5 years that technology will be widespread in domestic manufacturing. in 5 years it will be affordable by the general public. you'll still be chasing your tail trying to ban and confiscate guns instead of addressing the real issues. liberal pinheads are incapable of fixing the problems. they are incapable of even identifying what the problems are.

but congratulations, you morons are awarded the gun salesman of the year award. thank you for getting so many guns sold and turning the industry into a $40 billion a year industry and the fastest growing in America. thank you for making gun owners the fastest growing demographic in America. thank you for making the NRA one of the most powerful lobbies.

Somebody is making or growing them. The black market gets them somehow. But the only victim with drugs is the dummy who takes them. That's quite a big difference than gun crimes.

Show me a gun that somebody made at their home. You gun nuts say they can be made easily all the time, back it up. I'm pretty sure you'd need a very serious machine shop to make guns. And if you have the money for such a shop your not going to be making illegal guns. Same goes for those printers.

Well you get to take all the credit for all the innocent people being killed and injured by guns. Lucky you.

Last edited:
[q

There you go again trying to decide for everyone else whether they have a good reason to have a gun.
It's not up to you, although as a liberal I know you want the state to have that power over the citizenry.

Scalia has a heart attack. (DOctors are amazed to find he actually HAD a heart.)

Obama or Clinton nominate Lawrence Tribe to SCOTUS.

Heller gets overturned. The Second Amendment is about Militias again.

Keep dreaming buddy. You can pass all the legislation, or judicial decisions you want, but there are over 300 million firearms in this country, and while you might get some, millions of owners will not be willing to hand them over.

I'm sure after we make examples of a few of them, they will.

And here's how you do that. You pick out the nastiest ones you can find at first. Nazis, Polygamists, Cultists, and you hit them hard. and then you display their arsenals while highlighting their crazy.

The rest of the gun nuts won't want to be associated with that for very long, nor will their neighbors.

Forum List

Back