What if she didn't have a gun?

Scalia has a heart attack. (DOctors are amazed to find he actually HAD a heart.)

Obama or Clinton nominate Lawrence Tribe to SCOTUS.

Heller gets overturned. The Second Amendment is about Militias again.

Keep dreaming buddy. You can pass all the legislation, or judicial decisions you want, but there are over 300 million firearms in this country, and while you might get some, millions of owners will not be willing to hand them over.

I'm sure after we make examples of a few of them, they will.

And here's how you do that. You pick out the nastiest ones you can find at first. Nazis, Polygamists, Cultists, and you hit them hard. and then you display their arsenals while highlighting their crazy.

The rest of the gun nuts won't want to be associated with that for very long, nor will their neighbors.

Why don't you focus on actual criminals instead of people who will never use the guns they own to harm anyone?

Well we have learned you won't admit when your wrong. Not a good quality. Why do you doubt I own one? Because I want it to be difficult for criminals to get them?

How would passing more laws make it more difficult for criminals? Are they going to suddenly start obeying the laws?

I doubt you own one because you do not seem intelligent enough to handle the responsibility.

Well we just discussed the loophole in background checks and you pretty well explained the importance of registration. So then they would have only the black market. Well it's much harder to find a seller on the black market. I would guess you also have to pay more. And well if your buying on the black market there is a good chance you get caught in the act of buying. So then you catch them before they shoot people. That would be nice.

I think you've proven you don't need to be intelligent to own a gun. But if your not enough here is some more proof:

http://www.lancastereaglegazette.co...02250023/Prosecutor-Class-shooting-accidental

Police say young boy accidentally shoots father, self at Bass Pro Shops | Oklahoma City - OKC - KOCO.com

Man Accidentally Kills Self With Gun During Demonstration On Gun Safety

Father Charged After 3-Year-Old Girl Fatally Shoots Self In Head With Pistol

Neighbors React To Accidental Shooting That Killed BA Toddler - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

There are many many more. These people are safer are they?

There is no loophole. You're comparing sales from a dealer to sales from a private individual.

Two instances out of the millions of gun owners, not indicative of an epidemic. More people die in car accidents and more children die from drowning than from guns. You going to outlaw automobiles and swimming pools?

How would passing more laws make it more difficult for criminals? Are they going to suddenly start obeying the laws?

I doubt you own one because you do not seem intelligent enough to handle the responsibility.

Well we just discussed the loophole in background checks and you pretty well explained the importance of registration. So then they would have only the black market. Well it's much harder to find a seller on the black market. I would guess you also have to pay more. And well if your buying on the black market there is a good chance you get caught in the act of buying. So then you catch them before they shoot people. That would be nice.

I think you've proven you don't need to be intelligent to own a gun. But if your not enough here is some more proof:

http://www.lancastereaglegazette.co...02250023/Prosecutor-Class-shooting-accidental

Police say young boy accidentally shoots father, self at Bass Pro Shops | Oklahoma City - OKC - KOCO.com

Neighbors React To Accidental Shooting That Killed BA Toddler - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

There is no loophole. You're comparing sales from a dealer to sales from a private individual.

Two instances out of the millions of gun owners, not indicative of an epidemic. More people die in car accidents and more children die from drowning than from guns. You going to outlaw automobiles and swimming pools?

We just had a long discussion proving there is a loophole. All private sales are a loophole. With all the guns we have that's a lot of sales. Say it with me, there is a loophole! You seem to have a big problem with being honest.

You said gun owners are intelligent and responsible. My links prove that also not true. Try being honest, it will feel good.

We just had a long discussion proving there is a loophole. All private sales are a loophole. With all the guns we have that's a lot of sales. Say it with me, there is a loophole! You seem to have a big problem with being honest.

You said gun owners are intelligent and responsible. My links prove that also not true. Try being honest, it will feel good.

You truly are stupid.

Loophole: an ambiguity or inadequacy in the law or a set of rules.

Since there are no laws or sets of rules regarding private sales of firearms, there is no loophole!

Learn the definition of words before you use them.

You truly are stupid.

Since there are no laws or sets of rules regarding private sales of firearms, there is no loophole!

The law doesn't require a background check for private sales, that is the loophole. Since we have sales without background checks the law is inadequate. It's really very easy stuff. And whether you call it a loophole or not, all sales do not require a background check. Again I was right and your still wrong.

You truly are stupid.

The law doesn't require a background check for private sales, that is the loophole. Since we have sales without background checks the law is inadequate. It's really very easy stuff. And whether you call it a loophole or not, all sales do not require a background check. Again I was right and your still wrong.

No dumbass that's not a loophole. There is no law concerning private sales other than you can't sell to someone who...

1.Has been convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding 1 year;

2.Is a fugitive from justice;

3.Is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance;

4.Has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to a mental institution;

5.Is an alien illegally or unlawfully in the United States or an alien admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa;

6.Has been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions;

7.Having been a citizen of the United States, has renounced his or her citizenship;

8.Is subject to a court order that restrains the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of such intimate partner; or

9.Has been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence

10.Cannot lawfully receive, possess, ship, or transport a firearm.

A person who is under indictment or information for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding 1 year cannot lawfully receive a firearm.

Such person may continue to lawfully possess firearms obtained prior to the indictment or information.

[18 U.S.C. 922(g) and (n), 27 CFR 478.32]

No I've asked you this once before but you were too cowardly to answer so I'll ask again.

And driving criminals to the black market isn't an answer since there is already a black market in firearms and no laws have stopped it so far. You claimed that they would run the risk of getting caught buy selling guns on the black market, here's a news flash for you......their entire criminal lifestyle is full of risks of being caught!

You truly are stupid.

Brainless, how does one go about enforcing such a law?

Forced re-registration is one avenue. Confiscation is another. Neither solves the problem. It merely creates a new class of criminals. Nevermind the fact that both are against the law in the first place.

Once again if anyone is listening, change the constitution before you start thinking about breaking it.

You truly are stupid.

No dumbass that's not a loophole. There is no law concerning private sales other than you can't sell to someone who...

1.Has been convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding 1 year;

4.Has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to a mental institution;

5.Is an alien illegally or unlawfully in the United States or an alien admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa;

7.Having been a citizen of the United States, has renounced his or her citizenship;

8.Is subject to a court order that restrains the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of such intimate partner; or

A person who is under indictment or information for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding 1 year cannot lawfully receive a firearm.

Such person may continue to lawfully possess firearms obtained prior to the indictment or information.

No I've asked you this once before but you were too cowardly to answer so I'll ask again.

And driving criminals to the black market isn't an answer since there is already a black market in firearms and no laws have stopped it so far. You claimed that they would run the risk of getting caught buy selling guns on the black market, here's a news flash for you......their entire criminal lifestyle is full of risks of being caught!

Every example the left uses seems to be of an island country. Japan. Australia, the UK. All have water surrounding them. Not open borders like we have here.

Scalia has a heart attack. (DOctors are amazed to find he actually HAD a heart.)

Keep dreaming buddy. You can pass all the legislation, or judicial decisions you want, but there are over 300 million firearms in this country, and while you might get some, millions of owners will not be willing to hand them over.

And here's how you do that. You pick out the nastiest ones you can find at first. Nazis, Polygamists, Cultists, and you hit them hard. and then you display their arsenals while highlighting their crazy.

The rest of the gun nuts won't want to be associated with that for very long, nor will their neighbors.

And so then they'll hand over their guns to the government ? Lol ! :eusa_clap:

Why not start with the gang-bangers. Clinton already went after the cultists at Waco, and we know how that turned out.

You're friggen crazy btw.

Last edited:
You truly are stupid.

By your own definition it is a loophole. Our gun laws are inadequate because they do not require a background check for every sale. Sorry but that is a fact.

So we shouldn't pass laws because criminals break them? I guess rape should be legal because it still happens right? That is some impressively dumb thinking.

Do you know how easy it would be for the police to pretend to be buyers and sellers of illegal guns? The black market wouldn't be profitable with all the jail time. We have a black market now because guns are not registered and all sales don't require a background check.

By your own definition it is a loophole. Our gun laws are inadequate because they do not require a background check for every sale. Sorry but that is a fact.

So we shouldn't pass laws because criminals break them? I guess rape should be legal because it still happens right? That is some impressively dumb thinking.

Do you know how easy it would be for the police to pretend to be buyers and sellers of illegal guns? The black market wouldn't be profitable with all the jail time. We have a black market now because guns are not registered and all sales don't require a background check.

Why is the definition of the word "loophole" so hard for you to understand?

In order for there to be a loophole for private sales regarding background checks there first has to be a law that the loophole goes around. There is no law requiring background checks for private sellers, therefore there is no loophole.

You need to be demanding such a law requiring background checks for private sales, then when it's exploited you can call that a loophole.

The more you post the less intelligent you become.

The point I'm making is that NO law requiring background checks for private sales will stop criminals from A) accessing a gun or B) using a gun in commission of a crime. To think that it will is naïve.

In order for there to be a loophole for private sales regarding background checks there first has to be a law that the loophole goes around. There is no law requiring background checks for private sellers, therefore there is no loophole.

You need to be demanding such a law requiring background checks for private sales, then when it's exploited you can call that a loophole.

The point I'm making is that NO law requiring background checks for private sales will stop criminals from A) accessing a gun or B) using a gun in commission of a crime. To think that it will is naïve.

They are gun laws with the intent to keep guns away from criminals by requiring a background check. If there are sales circumventing background checks for gun sales that is a loophole in gun laws.

A loophole is an ambiguity in a system, such as a law or security, which can be used to circumvent or otherwise avoid the intent, implied or explicitly stated, of the system.

Sorry but the type of sale really doesn't matter.

They are gun laws with the intent to keep guns away from criminals by requiring a background check. If there are sales circumventing background checks for gun sales that is a loophole in gun laws.

A loophole is an ambiguity in a system, such as a law or security, which can be used to circumvent or otherwise avoid the intent, implied or explicitly stated, of the system.

There is no law requiring background checks for private sales.

Yes the type of sales do matter. On one type a background check is required by law, the other type no background check is required therefore no law is circumvented and no ambiguity has occurred.

A loophole is something in the law that allows somebody to avoid the law. You need new laws to get what you want, but you can(t enforce it without tramping all over people's rights.....

You want to take them away because of your political beliefs, not because it improves the situation.

Once again, putting the ocean off-limits because of the possibility of drowning.

Yes the type of sales do matter. On one type a background check is required by law, the other type no background check is required therefore no law is circumvented and no ambiguity has occurred.

So all gun sales do not require a background check. Thank you.

Now you finally understand the difference!! I can only hope you now understand what a loophole is.

Now you finally understand the difference!! I can only hope you now understand what a loophole is.

My point from the very beginning has been that all gun sales do not require a background check. Thank you for confirming that.

Clearly you don't even understand the intent of background checks. I guess that's not surprising.

My point from the very beginning has been that all gun sales do not require a background check. Thank you for confirming that.

Clearly you don't even understand the intent of background checks. I guess that's not surprising.

The fact is you were arguing from a different point than I. I was arguing from a dealers standpoint since I am a federally licensed firearm dealer. You were arguing about the sale of ALL guns which encompasses every firearm in every nation on every continent.

Intent? What intent? There are no legal requirements for private sales of firearms in regards to back grounds checks, period.

The fact is you were arguing from a different point than I. I was arguing from a dealers standpoint since I am a federally licensed firearm dealer. You were arguing about the sale of ALL guns which encompasses every firearm in every nation on every continent.

Intent? What intent? There are no legal requirements for private sales of firearms in regards to back grounds checks, period.

Then your not very smart. I've clearly and often been stating ALL sales. Your arguments have been a waste of time because ultimately YOU confirmed I am correct.

The intend of gun laws is to keep them from criminals. Duh

Forum List

Back