What if she didn't have a gun?

True that...what perplexes me is the extremist thinking ..that reasonable regs re gun ownership means "they're taking away our guns"; cries of tyranny etc....Responsible gun enthusiasts need not be opposed to:
Qualifications for gun purchase, including age maturity, training in gun use and safety, background checks for criminality and mental illness.
Gun registration and owner licensure renewable every few years, like a car license...based on meeting above requirements.
Limiting gun magazines to 6 rounds.
Reasonable regs in no way obstruct the "freedom" of gun ownership...and support the freedom of all to live without fear of senseless death.
Even the 2nd Amendment stipulates "well ordered" firearm ownership.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

What a load of horse shit!

First of all moron, when you purchase a gun you go through a background check. Magazine capacity would not stop anyone from mass murdering lots of people in gun free zones, they would simply have to slide in a fresh mag, takes about one second.

The 2nd Amendment does not contain the words "well ordered".

Now your not being honest. Is there a background check if you buy a gun from your neighbor?

You cannot buy a gun for anyone. That is now strictly prohibited in my state.

First of all moron, when you purchase a gun you go through a background check. Magazine capacity would not stop anyone from mass murdering lots of people in gun free zones, they would simply have to slide in a fresh mag, takes about one second.

Now your not being honest. Is there a background check if you buy a gun from your neighbor?

Can you buy a gun from your neighbor without a background check? We all know there is a huge loophole, why do you all play games?

True that...what perplexes me is the extremist thinking ..that reasonable regs re gun ownership means "they're taking away our guns"; cries of tyranny etc....Responsible gun enthusiasts need not be opposed to:
Qualifications for gun purchase, including age maturity, training in gun use and safety, background checks for criminality and mental illness.
Gun registration and owner licensure renewable every few years, like a car license...based on meeting above requirements.
Limiting gun magazines to 6 rounds.
Reasonable regs in no way obstruct the "freedom" of gun ownership...and support the freedom of all to live without fear of senseless death.
Even the 2nd Amendment stipulates "well ordered" firearm ownership.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

One second maybe at the range with the magazine sitting perfectly in front of you. Much longer if your grabbing it off your person in a high stress situation. You might even drop it. And as the Giffords shooting shows, shooters are stopped at reload.

Would you sell a gun to your neighbor if he was a nut job or a criminal?

No, one second is average for me under any circumstance. It's second nature for me to drop a magazine and have one re-inserted in almost no time. Practice makes perfect.

It is also a .45. There are many 6 shot .357 available. 6 is the norm unless it's concealed carry.

I don't chamber .45 rounds in it I stick to the .410 shotgun shells. The pistol is easier to handle than a shotgun in the house.

I have a Colt .45 XSEstyle with an 8 round magazine with one kept in the chamber to make 9 that can be used as a concealed carry.

I bet you feel perfectly safe with those 5 rounds.

If 5 is good 9 must be better.

Besides you really can't compare the two. The Judge is a close quarters weapon the .45 has more range

One second maybe at the range with the magazine sitting perfectly in front of you. Much longer if your grabbing it off your person in a high stress situation. You might even drop it. And as the Giffords shooting shows, shooters are stopped at reload.

No, one second is average for me under any circumstance. It's second nature for me to drop a magazine and have one re-inserted in almost no time. Practice makes perfect.

So there is a loophole, thank you.

So you spend a lot of time reloading in stressful situations do you? How many shootouts you been in cowboy?

Last edited:
I don't chamber .45 rounds in it I stick to the .410 shotgun shells. The pistol is easier to handle than a shotgun in the house.

I have a Colt .45 XSEstyle with an 8 round magazine with one kept in the chamber to make 9 that can be used as a concealed carry.

Besides you really can't compare the two. The Judge is a close quarters weapon the .45 has more range

Ok, do you feel safe with 9?

That's dumb. If you're buying it for a person who can legally own or purchase a firearm then it should be perfectly legal.

I know of no one who would buy a gun for someone who is not legally eligible to own one.

Think about it, would you buy a gun for a criminal?

Who do you think the gun is going to come back to once he's found in possession of it?

It will come back to the person that bought it which would then make that person a possible accessory to whatever crime was committed.

Common sense escapes the liberal mind.

Can you buy a gun from your neighbor without a background check? We all know there is a huge loophole, why do you all play games?

I'm sure it takes place. It's like cheating on your taxes. If you get caught you pay a heavy price. Buying a gun for the purposes of reselling it or for another person is called a straw-purchase. No licensed dealer will sell the gun once they know it is for someone other than the one getting a background check, not if they want to keep their license.

As with everything else it depends on whether or not people follow the law. A law is only as good as the people following it and enforcing it. We have people in the White House that have decided what laws they want to obey. This sets a terrific example for criminals, don't you think?

So you spend a lot of time reloading in stressful situations do you? How many shootouts you been in cowboy?

No loophole, That's the way it has always been and only a total idiot would sell a firearm registered in their name to someone that would use it to commit a crime.

I've been shot at on one occasion and I've held burglars that broke into my shop at gun point on another. Luckily I have yet had to shoot anyone.

That's dumb. If you're buying it for a person who can legally own or purchase a firearm then it should be perfectly legal.

I know of no one who would buy a gun for someone who is not legally eligible to own one.

Who do you think the gun is going to come back to once he's found in possession of it?

It will come back to the person that bought it which would then make that person a possible accessory to whatever crime was committed.

How does it come back to you? You buy the gun and sell to a criminal. Then claim it was stolen.

No loophole, That's the way it has always been and only a total idiot would sell a firearm registered in their name to someone that would use it to commit a crime.

I've been shot at on one occasion and I've held burglars that broke into my shop at gun point on another. Luckily I have yet had to shoot anyone.

Guns are registered?

So you have not been in a shootout, then you don't know.

I feel safe with 15, which is the capacity of my S&W .40 or with 7, which is the capacity of my Taurus PT709 and I even feel safe with 6 that my Springfield XDs .45 holds. Truth be told, I feel safe with all my firearms that are loaded to capacity. I wouldn't feel safe with any of them otherwise.

I'm sure it takes place. It's like cheating on your taxes. If you get caught you pay a heavy price. Buying a gun for the purposes of reselling it or for another person is called a straw-purchase. No licensed dealer will sell the gun once they know it is for someone other than the one getting a background check, not if they want to keep their license.

As with everything else it depends on whether or not people follow the law. A law is only as good as the people following it and enforcing it. We have people in the White House that have decided what laws they want to obey. This sets a terrific example for criminals, don't you think?

If we register guns and require background checks on all sales this will happen much less.

I feel safe with 15, which is the capacity of my S&W .40 or with 7, which is the capacity of my Taurus PT709 and I even feel safe with 6 that my Springfield XDs .45 holds. Truth be told, I feel safe with all my firearms that are loaded to capacity. I wouldn't feel safe with any of them otherwise.

That doesn't even make sense.

How does it come back to you? You buy the gun and sell to a criminal. Then claim it was stolen.

It will come back to you because you are the registered owner of the firearm.

That may be what dishonest people do, thankfully I don't do business with dishonest people.

That may be what dishonest people do, thankfully I don't do business with dishonest people.

We register guns? Good argument for why we should, thanks.

Guns are registered?

When you buy a gun from an FFL dealer, you are required by law to complete a BATF form 4473. The dealer is then required to keep that form forever - and also record the purchase in a BATF "bound book" that shows all inflows and outflows of firearms.

If a gun is ever "traced" by BATF, they will first call the manufacturer and ask where the gun was shipped (manufacturers also have to have a special FFL AND maintain their own bound book records. BATF will then contact the wholesaler that received the gun and again track that through their bound book to the retailer. Finally the retailer is called and asked who the gun was sold to.

So, there is basically a paper trail on all new gun sales since 1968.

Also, if an FFL dealer goes out of business, they are required by law to forward their bound book and all form 4473 paperwork to the BATF for safekeeping.

So yes it is basically registered.

Trust me, I know.

We register guns? Good argument for why we should, thanks.

Yes, basically every firearm purchased from a dealer is recorded and kept, forever.

Guns are registered?

When you buy a gun from an FFL dealer, you are required by law to complete a BATF form 4473. The dealer is then required to keep that form forever - and also record the purchase in a BATF "bound book" that shows all inflows and outflows of firearms.

If a gun is ever "traced" by BATF, they will first call the manufacturer and ask where the gun was shipped (manufacturers also have to have a special FFL AND maintain their own bound book records. BATF will then contact the wholesaler that received the gun and again track that through their bound book to the retailer. Finally the retailer is called and asked who the gun was sold to.

Also, if an FFL dealer goes out of business, they are required by law to forward their bound book and all form 4473 paperwork to the BATF for safekeeping.

Trust me, I know.

So I buy a gun from a neighbor who bought it from a friend. I then sell to somebody who ends up being a criminal. How does that come back to me?

Guns are registered?

Trust me, I know.

So I buy a gun from a neighbor who bought it from a friend. I then sell to somebody who ends up being a criminal. How does that come back to me?

Assuming your neighbor/friend is intelligent, there will be a paper trail (bill of sale) that would lead directly to you.

Are you dumb enough to sell a firearm without having a bill of sale?

Forum List

Back