What if she didn't have a gun?

[

I own quite a # of firearms. Not one single one of them do I own for protection. I love firearms, I love shooting them, taking them apart, displaying them.

However, I have no problem with anyone purchasing firearms for protection. Just like the woman in the story I posted. She is quite happy this morning that she bought her gun and took the time to be trained.

If up to many liberals like Joey, she would not have been allowed to own it in the first place.

Yes, clearly being able to threaten your jilted boyfriend is a good reason to have 300 million murder machines all over hte country. More than makes up for the 100K deaths and injuries they cause every year.

As was pointed out before to you, the woman says she did not know the intruder. Again however, it doesn't matter. A pissed off former boyfriend full of emotions can be every bit as dangerous as an intruder.

[

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts etc.

And sorry but you're the one living in fear not me. People owning gins doesn't scare me like it does you..

NO, guy, it isn't fear. It's valid concern. WHen a bunch of guys with small peckers are talking constantly about how they want to shoot minorities, government officials and people who disagree with them, we should all be concerned about these nuts.

On the UK, and how they count murders...

Dispelling The Myth | Why The United Kingdom IS NOT More Violent Than The United States

A common point raised in the debate is the assumption the UK reports homicides only after court findings, and thus does not include unsolved murders, while the US reports homicides before court findings. This assumption is incorrect. Statistical data recorded in the UK in the form of PRC (police recorded crime) includes homicides as reported by the police and also takes into account unsolved homicides. (HFOIV, page 16, paragraph 5 and 6.)

Also, not that many murders in the UK are "unsolved".

Rate of unsolved murders doubles in decade - Telegraph

There have been 564 unsolved murders across the country in the past 10 years, with the majority occurring in urban areas. The Metropolitan Police Force area covering London accounts for 269. Greater Manchester Police is next with 41 unsolved murders, followed by the West Midlands with 30 and West Yorkshire with 20.

By way of comparison...

Report Shows High Number of Unsolved Murders in U.S. - 8 News NOW

LAS VEGAS- Each year 6,000 killers get away with murder in America. That's according to a study of FBI records. The study found the rate of solved homicides since 1980 nationwide is 63%. In Clark County, the rate is 57%.

Hmmm...6000 unsolved murders a year vs. an average of 56 unsolved murders a year?

Hmmmm....

Naw, we don't have a crime problem.

Of course we have a crime problem.

80% of gun murders are gang related which is why law abiding people need to be able to protect themselves.

[

It's the same thing with abortion. The pro-side is afraid to allow any restrictions for fear that their rights will eventually be eroded away.

Well, no, you see the difference there is that the rational behind the anti-side is that abortion is wrong because fetuses are people.

Otherwise, they'd have no logical reason to be against it.

Now, frankly, I'd be just as happy if we banned all guns, because there isn't a single good reason why you should have one.

But I could live with having gun laws like Germany, where gun owners are heavily vetted before being allowed to have guns, and as a result, Germany only has a few hundred murders a year.

[

As was pointed out before to you, the woman says she did not know the intruder. Again however, it doesn't matter. A pissed off former boyfriend full of emotions can be every bit as dangerous as an intruder.

I'm sure that's what she says... I'm not buying it.

But you have a point, a jilted boyfriend might show up and start singing Beegee Songs...

[

And sorry but you're the one living in fear not me. People owning gins doesn't scare me like it does you..

NO, guy, it isn't fear. It's valid concern. WHen a bunch of guys with small peckers are talking constantly about how they want to shoot minorities, government officials and people who disagree with them, we should all be concerned about these nuts.

Dispelling The Myth | Why The United Kingdom IS NOT More Violent Than The United States

By way of comparison...

LAS VEGAS- Each year 6,000 killers get away with murder in America. That's according to a study of FBI records. The study found the rate of solved homicides since 1980 nationwide is 63%. In Clark County, the rate is 57%.

Hmmm...6000 unsolved murders a year vs. an average of 56 unsolved murders a year?

Hmmmm....

Yeah it is fear. Your odds of being involved in a violent situation with a gun is very rare.
It is irrational and illogical fear. Grow a pair.

The people carrying guns should grow a pair.

I own quite a # of firearms. Not one single one of them do I own for protection. I love firearms, I love shooting them, taking them apart, displaying them.

However, I have no problem with anyone purchasing firearms for protection. Just like the woman in the story I posted. She is quite happy this morning that she bought her gun and took the time to be trained.

If up to many liberals like Joey, she would not have been allowed to own it in the first place.

Well why fight things like gun registration, background checks for all sales, and magazine capacity limits? None of those would keep her from having her gun. We need to do more to keep guns out of the hands of the wrong people. All our shootings are proof of that.

It's the same thing with abortion. The pro-side is afraid to allow any restrictions for fear that their rights will eventually be eroded away.

With all the forms of birth control we have there shouldn't be any abortions.

Failing to do something with guns is leading to deaths...

[

By way of comparison...

Hmmmm....

80% of gun murders are gang related which is why law abiding people need to be able to protect themselves.

Lots of studies show your much more likely to be shot if your armed. Why not do more to keep guns from criminals?

Last edited:
True that...what perplexes me is the extremist thinking ..that reasonable regs re gun ownership means "they're taking away our guns"; cries of tyranny etc....Responsible gun enthusiasts need not be opposed to:
Qualifications for gun purchase, including age maturity, training in gun use and safety, background checks for criminality and mental illness.
Gun registration and owner licensure renewable every few years, like a car license...based on meeting above requirements.
Limiting gun magazines to 6 rounds.
Reasonable regs in no way obstruct the "freedom" of gun ownership...and support the freedom of all to live without fear of senseless death.
Even the 2nd Amendment stipulates "well ordered" firearm ownership.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Last edited:
[

Yeah, know them meaning they met them at least once.

Try buying a gun tomorrow and tell me how easy it was.

Do it.

Chicken Shit.

Guy, the point isn't how hard it is for me to buy a gun.

It's the fact it was too easy for Lanza and HOlmes and Loughner and Cho to get them.

Dude, regulations have already been changed. I bought a gun last March, and the gun dealer said people that were getting guns just four months before couldn't anymore. Something to do with changes in background checks were mentioned. You can't buy a six-shooter anymore. Revolvers only hold 5 now, as if that would make any difference.

True that...what perplexes me is the extremist thinking ..that reasonable regs re gun ownership means "they're taking away our guns"; cries of tyranny etc....Responsible gun enthusiasts need not be opposed to:
Qualifications for gun purchase, including age maturity, training in gun use and safety, background checks for criminality and mental illness.
Gun registration and owner licensure renewable every few years, like a car license...based on meeting above requirements.
Reasonable regs in no way obstruct the "freedom" of gun ownership...and support the freedom of all to live without fear of senseless death.

Limiting to six is nonsense.

Better off rendering all gun useless and going back to muzzle-loaders. Gun-free zones where the victims are trained to piss themselves instead of fighting back. It's total progressive poppycock.

[

Yeah, know them meaning they met them at least once.

Try buying a gun tomorrow and tell me how easy it was.

Do it.

Chicken Shit.

It's the fact it was too easy for Lanza and HOlmes and Loughner and Cho to get them.

Dude, regulations have already been changed. I bought a gun last March, and the gun dealer said people that were getting guns just four months before couldn't anymore. Something to do with changes in background checks were mentioned. You can't buy a six-shooter anymore. Revolvers only hold 5 now, as if that would make any difference.

What full size revolvers only have 5 shots?

Limiting to six is nonsense.

Better off rendering all gun useless and going back to muzzle-loaders. Gun-free zones where the victims are trained to piss themselves instead of fighting back. It's total progressive poppycock.

How is it nonsense? Shooters are often stopped when they reload(see Giffords shooting). You prefer they shoot 20 times before being stopped?

By way of comparison...

Hmmmm....

Lots of studies show your much more likely to be shot if your armed. Why not do more to keep guns from criminals?

When you can make criminals obey the law I'll give up my guns. Happy?

The Judge.

My home defense handgun

taurus-1-tau_2_441039t.jpg

Model: 4510TKR-3SS
Finish: Matte Stainless Steel
Caliber: .45/.410 (2.5" chamber)
Grips: Ribber
UPC: 7-25327-60212-5
Capacity: 5
Weight: 29 oz
Rate of Twist: 1:12"
Barrel Length: 3"
Height: 5.394"
Frame: Compact
Width: 1.531"
Action: DA/SA
Front Sight: Red Fiber Optic Fixed
Length: 7-1/2"
Grooves: 6
Safety: Taurus Security System,Transfer Bar
Trigger Type: Smooth
Order #: 2-441039T
MSRP: $653.32
Rear Sight: Fixed
Grooves Turn: Right

The Judge.

My home defense handgun

It is also a .45. There are many 6 shot .357 available. 6 is the norm unless it's concealed carry.

The Judge.

My home defense handgun

It is also a .45. There are many 6 shot .357 available. 6 is the norm unless it's concealed carry.

I don't chamber .45 rounds in it I stick to the .410 shotgun shells. The pistol is easier to handle than a shotgun in the house.

I have a Colt .45 XSEstyle with an 8 round magazine with one kept in the chamber to make 9 that can be used as a concealed carry.

Last edited:

What a load of horse shit!

First of all moron, when you purchase a gun you go through a background check. Magazine capacity would not stop anyone from mass murdering lots of people in gun free zones, they would simply have to slide in a fresh mag, takes about one second.

The 2nd Amendment does not contain the words "well ordered".

The Judge.

My home defense handgun

I don't chamber .45 rounds in it I stick to the .410 shotgun shells. The pistol is easier to handle than a shotgun in the house.

I have a Colt .45 XSEstyle with an 8 round magazine with one kept in the chamber to make 9 that can be used as a concealed carry.

I bet you feel perfectly safe with those 5 rounds.

What a load of horse shit!

First of all moron, when you purchase a gun you go through a background check. Magazine capacity would not stop anyone from mass murdering lots of people in gun free zones, they would simply have to slide in a fresh mag, takes about one second.

The 2nd Amendment does not contain the words "well ordered".

Now your not being honest. Is there a background check if you buy a gun from your neighbor?

One second maybe at the range with the magazine sitting perfectly in front of you. Much longer if your grabbing it off your person in a high stress situation. You might even drop it. And as the Giffords shooting shows, shooters are stopped at reload.

Forum List

Back