What if she didn't have a gun?

magazine size is a red herring just like "assault " rifle bans. it's a feel good knee jerk off reaction that will do nothing in reality.

No, shooters are stopped when they reload frequently. Take the Giffords shooting for example.

Yeah keep telling yourself that. it takes no time at all to swap out a magazine all you need to do is practice.

If that were the case you wouldn't fight so hard to keep them.

Tell myself? I just gave an example. There are many more.

They use them now because it's the norm obviously. Probably harder to buy a gun with lower capacity.

Are high capacity magazines the norm? I would suspect they're involved in very few homicides annually.

I would guess semi autos are mostly used. Most of those have very hi capacity. Way more than is used for defense. What type of guns you suspect murders are using?

Handguns.

Rifles are used in very few murders. More people are killed with bare hands than with rifles.

They use them now because it's the norm obviously. Probably harder to buy a gun with lower capacity.

Are high capacity magazines the norm? I would suspect they're involved in very few homicides annually.

I would guess semi autos are mostly used. Most of those have very hi capacity. Way more than is used for defense. What type of guns you suspect murders are using?

Murders? Handguns - overwhelmingly.

All rifles deaths (murders/accidents/homicides) are usually < 350 annually in US.

No, shooters are stopped when they reload frequently. Take the Giffords shooting for example.

Yeah keep telling yourself that. it takes no time at all to swap out a magazine all you need to do is practice.

If that were the case you wouldn't fight so hard to keep them.

Tell myself? I just gave an example. There are many more.

I'm not fighting to keep them. I don't have any magazines more than 10 rounds. I know that it makes no difference so I don't waste my time on it.

You don't seem to know that so you think it will actually make a difference.

Handguns.

Rifles are used in very few murders. More people are killed with bare hands than with rifles.

Yet we don't have mass punchings.

Handguns.

It's a simple fact that more people are killed with bare hands than rifles.

You can deny it all you want but less than 1% of all gun murders are mass shootings.

So why do you waste your time on less than 1% when 80% of gun murders are shown to be gang related?

All rifles deaths (murders/accidents/homicides) are usually < 350 annually in US.

Your aware handguns are hi cap too right?

Handguns.

You can deny it all you want but less than 1% of all gun murders are mass shootings.

So why do you waste your time on less than 1% when 80% of gun murders are shown to be gang related?

That's why guns should be registered and all sales require a background check.

Just what in your experience makes you define a magazine as high capacity

Yes, but are they prevalent in murders? You'd have to show the stats.

And just how do you propose you get all those gang bangers to obey the law?

Yes, but are they prevalent in murders? You'd have to show the stats.

Well most handguns are hi cap so it's easy to figure. I'm sure I could get stats if you insist.

But I mean, here are the problems:

1.) What do you define as "high capacity", and is the capacity the reason the gun is successfully murdering people?
2.) How are you going to "pull" all of the high capacity handguns out of circulation?
3.) Will the ban have any effect on criminals?

Your talking about policing a foreign country with the limitations of working with their new government. Would a tyrant be so nice? If our military had been told to kill everyone they would all be dead.

Why do we have to be up against a psycho murdering tyrant? Why can't it be just an unfair, oppressive government trying to exert its force over the people (which is the much more likely scenario)?

Then again we don't need guns.

We don't need cells or AC ether, but they're nice to have.

If you libs weren't busy trying to take stuff away from folks I think you end up putting a gun in your mouth. Life is so miserable, why not end it all. Getting your way by trouncing all over everyone else is what you live for.

All sales do.

I think doing something about the causes of hate in this country would bear more fruit than registering a gun. It still could go off in somebody's general direction.

violent crime is not just murder idiot.

No, but that's the only one that counts for this discussion.

INcidently, if murder is down, probably everything else is, too.

Yeah it doesn't matter if people get beaten or raped as long as they're not killed right?

Better to have people be defenseless as it makes more work for the cops and that's good for the economy.

NO, it shouldn't count because different countries have different definitions of "assault' and "rape". THis is how your Gun Nut websites come up with laughable statistics about how there's more "crime" in other countries in the Anglosphere, when really, their crime rates are lower.

Murder, on the other hand, is a nice easy one to define. Someone's dead.

By the way Joe, did you know Dwight Eisenhower was a life member of the NRA ? :)

Yeah, but much like the Republican Party, that was before they all went batshit crazy.

You see, back in the day, the NRA used to support common sense gun laws. They didn't go around with the "We needs our guns so we's can fight the gummit!" attitude that permeates the NRA today.

As an example, in the 1960's, when the Black Panther and other radical groups started arming themselves, the NRA helped governors, including ROnald Reagan, to craft gun laws that made it a crime to walk around with a gun.

Of course, much like the GOP, that was before they got into high-grade batshittery. With the NRA< it was when Wayne LaPeirre started doing the bidding of the gun industry, who saw Nancy Lanza as their prime market now that people weren't hunting as much as they did in the 1950's.

The point is, IKE believed in the fundamental right to bear arms. Something you obviously do not believe in.

In Ike's day, they locked up crazy people and there was a very low crime rate.

But I knew you'd totally miss my point.

Forum List

Back