What if Trump breaks economic ties to China?

What if Trump breaks economic ties to China?

• Economic breakdown of the USA

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Financial breakdown of the USA

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Isolation of the USA in the world

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • War

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Nuclear war

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • US civil war

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
Even if a product is assembled in the U.S. it's manufacture may be dependent on a Chinese supplier for components. Thus an import ban or high tariff could cause plant layoffs and economic hardships for Americans and American firms. One particularly bad situation is one segment that falls into this category is our defense contractors.

The overall U.S. military made in China, even the F35 fighter with Chinese parts-anannews.com

So we rebuild out own economy back with the high productivity jobs that went overseas. So what if things are tough for a little while?
What if you are employed by one of the thousands of companies large and small that will go belly up

Even if a product is assembled in the U.S. it's manufacture may be dependent on a Chinese supplier for components. Thus an import ban or high tariff could cause plant layoffs and economic hardships for Americans and American firms. One particularly bad situation is one segment that falls into this category is our defense contractors.

The overall U.S. military made in China, even the F35 fighter with Chinese parts-anannews.com

So we rebuild out own economy back with the high productivity jobs that went overseas. So what if things are tough for a little while?

Hi productivity jobs did not go overseas. Low productivity jobs went overseas.
Not true, or would you really call computer chip fabrication a low productivity trillion dollar niche.

Stop babbling

China would sell off the dollar and the US economy would plummet to the abyss.
LOL so if the Mexican economy is so great why are they coming here to pick avocados when they could get a respectable job in Sunny Mejico

You are dense, aren't you?

You have no answer, do you?

LOL so if the Mexican economy is so great why are they coming here to pick avocados when they could get a respectable job in Sunny Mejico
I answered the question...you ignored the answer because it didn't fit your narrative.

Try this one, what would the USA do if China called in it's 1.2 Trillion dollar loan that the USA borrowed from China............................

You do know that the USA owes China money right?

Nope, try again kid

Try this one, what would the USA do if China called in it's 1.2 Trillion dollar loan

How do they "call in" a Treasury bond?

Look dummy, this is not about treasury bonds that China bought, it is about money the Government borrowed from China, not necessarily as treasuries. However turd a treasury can be cashed in at any time, you know that right?????

Nope

See the fact is that you people have absolutely no clue as to what is really going on. China and Saudi Arabia own trillions of dollars in stock here, if they sell we all go under

Not true, or would you really call computer chip fabrication a low productivity trillion dollar niche.

Stop babbling

The jobs in a fab aren't particularly high productivity. The high productivity jobs are designing the chip, designing the lasers, designing the lithography equipment, designing the deposition equipment, designing the robotics, etc. Those are mostly done in the US. Fabs have been in Taiwan, Korea and Japan for decades. China is late to the party.

Most of the jobs that have gone overseas are low-productivity jobs, i.e. making clothes, furniture, etc.

Last edited:

I answered the question...you ignored the answer because it didn't fit your narrative.

Try this one, what would the USA do if China called in it's 1.2 Trillion dollar loan that the USA borrowed from China............................

Nope, try again kid

Try this one, what would the USA do if China called in it's 1.2 Trillion dollar loan

Look dummy, this is not about treasury bonds that China bought, it is about money the Government borrowed from China, not necessarily as treasuries. However turd a treasury can be cashed in at any time, you know that right?????

Nope

See the fact is that you people have absolutely no clue as to what is really going on. China and Saudi Arabia own trillions of dollars in stock here, if they sell we all go under

It is about Treasuries. The Treasury borrowers by selling Treasury securities. China primarily owns Treasuries.

The Treasury does not take loans from other countries. The US government does not borrow directly from China.

Chinese companies and the Chinese government own very little stock in US companies.

Stop babbling

The jobs in a fab aren't particularly high productivity. The high productivity jobs are designing the chip, designing the lasers, designing the lithography equipment, designing the deposition equipment, designing the robotics, etc. Those are mostly done in the US. Fabs have been in Taiwan, Korea and Japan for decades. China is late to the party.

Most of the jobs that have gone overseas are low-productivity jobs, i.e. making clothes, furniture, etc.

We have low productivity workers and always will.

Ignoring their interests is not sound policy.

Stop babbling

It isn't sound political policy. That's why Trump was elected.

Stop babbling

It isn't sound political policy. That's why Trump was elected.

True.

But it is not sound social policy either. Those low productivity workers are our fellow citizens and deserve consideration in policy.

Nope, try again kid

Nope

Look dummy, this is not about treasury bonds that China bought, it is about money the Government borrowed from China, not necessarily as treasuries.

Ummmm....moron....what money does the government borrow that isn't Treasuries.

However turd a treasury can be cashed in at any time, you know that right?????

Cool story, bro.
Tell me where you cash in a Treasury that matures in 2033.
Walk me thru the steps.
Thanks!

So the orange Emperor threatens China to break the economic ties to the country. Let´s lookup the cards they hold.

China:
- Actually the place stuff is made
- Largest forex reserves
- Major US loaner
- Strong military

USA:
- A large crowd of well funded customers
- A megalomaniacal madman with the finger on the red button
- Mobile, high effective, fleet with limited war capacity

Under the assumption that the USA is generally hostile towards every country, it is not a smart idea to break ties with North Korea. The economic ties are minimal anyway and North Korea has more business with South Korea. A ban would hit South Korea more while China would lose a strong ally that works as natural stronghold in case China and the USA go to war.

However, the scenarios for Trump´s America are not bright.

Man you libtards can twist reality! First you hypocrites have been saying to cut Econ ties with China for decades. Heck the libtard icon, Bernie Sanders, has pushed this. Second you call China's army strong and say our's has limited capacity. Wow just moronic. This is more fake news. Trump is not calling to cut ties with China.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
1. Why am I a "libtard" and how did you come to that conclusion?
2. China´s army is strong. And your mobile fleet has indeed a limited war capacity. It cannot carry all your stuff.
3. Trump threatens to cut economic ties to any country that trades with North Korea.

So the orange Emperor threatens China to break the economic ties to the country. Let´s lookup the cards they hold.

China:
- Actually the place stuff is made
- Largest forex reserves
- Major US loaner
- Strong military

USA:
- A large crowd of well funded customers
- A megalomaniacal madman with the finger on the red button
- Mobile, high effective, fleet with limited war capacity

Under the assumption that the USA is generally hostile towards every country, it is not a smart idea to break ties with North Korea. The economic ties are minimal anyway and North Korea has more business with South Korea. A ban would hit South Korea more while China would lose a strong ally that works as natural stronghold in case China and the USA go to war.

However, the scenarios for Trump´s America are not bright.

no one is cutting economic ties with china. all the crap sold by awl-mart (and a good stuff of the crap sold by the trumps) is made is china.
You cannot expect Trump to have a clue. He´s on cloud nine of absolute power.

Nope, try again kid

Nope

Look dummy, this is not about treasury bonds that China bought, it is about money the Government borrowed from China, not necessarily as treasuries.

Cool story, bro.
Walk me thru the steps.
Thanks!

You can cash in a treasury at any time, you just don't get the interest. I have done it.

The sad thing is you really believe that you know something.

You don't

Moron

Nope, try again kid

Nope

Cool story, bro.
Walk me thru the steps.
Thanks!

You can cash in a treasury at any time, you just don't get the interest. I have done it.

You don't

Moron

You can cash in a treasury at any time, you just don't get the interest..

I have done it.

No you haven't.

I know more than you. Really, incredibly low bar.....LOL!

Nope, try again kid

Nope

Cool story, bro.
Walk me thru the steps.
Thanks!

You don't

Moron

I have done it.

No you haven't.

You can cash in a treasury note at any federal reserve bank or branch thereof, such as these

Top 20 Member Banks of the U.S. Federal Reserve System

Institution Name: Class: Total Assets:
1. JPMorgan Chase Bank, National Association N $1,627,684,000,000
2. Bank of America, National Association N $1,465,221,449,000
3. Citibank, National Association N $1,161,361,000,000
4. Wells Fargo Bank, National Association N $608,778,000,000
5. U.S. Bank National Association N $276,376,130,000
6. PNC Bank, National Association N $260,309,849,000
7. HSBC Bank USA, National Association N $167,165,244,000
8. SunTrust Bank SM $164,340,844,000
9. The Bank of New York Mellon SM $164,275,000,000
10.State Street Bank and Trust Company SM $153,740,526,000
11.FIA Card Services, National Association N $145,365,918,000
12.TD Bank, National Association N $140,038,551,000
13.Regions Bank SM $138,006,763,000
14.Capital One, National Association N $127,360,045,000
15.RBS Citizens, National Association N $116,921,115,000
16.Fifth Third Bank SM $112,736,105,000
17.Citibank (South Dakota), N.A. N $97,969,153,000
18.Chase Bank USA, National Association N $91,043,014,000
19.Goldman Sachs Bank USA SM $91,016,000,000
20.KeyBank National Association N $90,179,122,000

Kid you are clueless, treasuries need to be redeemed whether mature or not.

You are trying to back me into a corner but are mocking yourself. I cashed in all my bonds decades ago and bought an IRA............................Sheesh

Nope

Cool story, bro.
Walk me thru the steps.
Thanks!

You don't

Moron

I have done it.

No you haven't.

You can cash in a treasury note at any federal reserve bank or branch thereof, such as these

You are trying to back me into a corner but are mocking yourself. I cashed in all my bonds decades ago and bought an IRA............................Sheesh

LOL!
Feel free to post a link for any of those banks titled, "Cashing in your Treasury Bond".

Until then, I'll continue laughing at your idiocy.

treasuries need to be redeemed whether mature or not.

Hilarious!!

Nope

Cool story, bro.
Walk me thru the steps.
Thanks!

You don't

Moron

I have done it.

No you haven't.

LOL!
Feel free to post a link for any of those banks titled, "Cashing in your Treasury Bond".

Hilarious!!

Where in your little mind are treasuries redeemed? if not at Federal Reserve banks.

Seriously tell us?

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Did you graduate kindergarten

Cool story, bro.
Walk me thru the steps.
Thanks!

You don't

Moron

I have done it.

No you haven't.

LOL!

Hilarious!!

Where in your little mind are treasuries redeemed? if not at Federal Reserve banks.

Seriously tell us?

You know that Treasuries are book entry only, right? LOL!

As part of the program to expand the use of book entry, the Treasury began offering new bills exclusively in book-entry form in 1979. In August 1986, with the introduction of a program named Treasury Direct, the Treasury began marketing all new notes and bonds only in book-entry form.

Treasury Direct makes principal, interest and redemption payments on notes and bonds bought through the Fed directly into an individual investor's account at a financial institution. These payments are made electronically rather than by check. The Treasury Direct system was expanded to include bills in 1987.

Book-Entry Procedure - FEDERAL RESERVE BANK of NEW YORK

It's obvious you failed.

You don't

Moron

I have done it.

No you haven't.

LOL!

Hilarious!!

Seriously tell us?

As part of the program to expand the use of book entry, the Treasury began offering new bills exclusively in book-entry form in 1979. In August 1986, with the introduction of a program named Treasury Direct, the Treasury began marketing all new notes and bonds only in book-entry form.

Treasury Direct makes principal, interest and redemption payments on notes and bonds bought through the Fed directly into an individual investor's account at a financial institution. These payments are made electronically rather than by check. The Treasury Direct system was expanded to include bills in 1987.

It's obvious you failed.

Dude, paper or electronic treasuries are still redeemed at a FEDERAL RESERVE BANK.

Give up, go fishin or sumptin because all you can achieve here is to expose your ignorance

I have done it.

No you haven't.

LOL!

Hilarious!!

Seriously tell us?

It's obvious you failed.

Dude, paper or electronic treasuries are still redeemed at a FEDERAL RESERVE BANK.

Give up, go fishin or sumptin because all you can achieve here is to expose your ignorance

Dude, you still have to show me that you can redeem a Treasury Bond that matures in 2033.
Now that you realize you can't walk into the bank with your certificate (your ignorance was hilarious!),
how are you going to force the US government to pay you back early?

Maybe you can find a US Treasury link? Or a Federal Reserve link to back up your claim?

Even a link for one of the banks you listed?

I'll wait, chuckling at your ignorance.

Forum List

Back