What if Trump breaks economic ties to China?

What if Trump breaks economic ties to China?

• Economic breakdown of the USA

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Financial breakdown of the USA

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Isolation of the USA in the world

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • War

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Nuclear war

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • US civil war

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
In other words you think that one has to own a Mutual Fund to own treasuries.

Did it ever occur to you that the manager of the fund actually buys and redeems the bonds?

At some point you are going to run out of vaseline

Plenty of individuals hold Treasuries in their personal accounts.

Did it ever occur to you that the manager of the fund actually buys and redeems the bonds?

Did it ever occur to you that if you could prove that you can redeem, in 2017, a Treasury Bond maturing in 2033, you'd have done so by now?

Should be easy. Maybe you could Google, "How do I redeem my Treasury Bond early?"

I'll wait. Pointing and laughing.

You are claiming that if one bought a treasury last year that would mature in ten years that the government would not give the holder back their money until mature.

So can you prove that the government would not redeem the bond? Sure they would, not redeeming the bond is like stealing the persons money. The contract however includes no interest on the principle so the government makes out because they were able to use the money interest free for a period.

Does all that Vaseline cause you pimples

You are claiming that if one bought a treasury last year that would mature in ten years that the government would not give the holder back their money until mature.

Exactly.

So can you prove that the government would not redeem the bond?

If you find any proof that the government will redeem a Treasury Bond, Note or Bill early, post it.

Sure they would, not redeeming the bond is like stealing the persons money.

Laughable!

People who buy a Treasury know that they can't redeem it at will.
I mean except for morons like you.

The contract however includes no interest on the principle

Principle? DERP!

Feel free to post a "Treasury contract" that says you can redeem early.

I'll be here, still pointing and laughing.
So what do you think actually occurred?

When?

Was Bass hallucinating?

Did it ever occur to you that if you could prove that you can redeem, in 2017, a Treasury Bond maturing in 2033, you'd have done so by now?

Should be easy. Maybe you could Google, "How do I redeem my Treasury Bond early?"

So can you prove that the government would not redeem the bond? Sure they would, not redeeming the bond is like stealing the persons money. The contract however includes no interest on the principle so the government makes out because they were able to use the money interest free for a period.

Exactly.

If you find any proof that the government will redeem a Treasury Bond, Note or Bill early, post it.

Laughable!

Principle? DERP!

When?

Was Bass hallucinating?
Was the bank simply taking possession of the Bonds?

Exactly.

Laughable!

Principle? DERP!

The money that the bank handed me after I put 30 bonds on the counter is the proof.

You on the other hand, never owning a bond would not be able to know this.

Still can't find any proof? LOL!

Here you go

What Is the Penalty of Cashing in T-Bills Before Maturity?
by Wanda Thibodeaux
When considering where to put their money, many investors look at options through the U.S. Department of the Treasury. One choice is the Treasury Bill, also known as the T-bill. People sometimes sell or cash in their Treasury bills early to meet their financial needs. This can mean taking a loss on the investment.

T-Bill Basics
A Treasury bill is a short-term debt instrument issued by the Department of the Treasury. These bills, considered among the safest investments in the world, mature in less than one year, usually at four weeks, 13 weeks, 26 weeks or 52 weeks.

Investors usually buy these bonds at less than face value. For example, you might pay $980 for a $1,000 bill. The difference between what you pay and the face value of the bill is interest. Technically there is no penalty for cashing out one of these bills early, because of the short nature of the investment.

Interest and Value
A major difference between T-bills and other Treasury securities is that you receive no interest until the bond matures. If you sell a bond to get your money early, the value of the bond to you no longer is the difference between your payment and the bond's face value. The value becomes the difference between your payment and whatever amount you get for the bond.

The Impact of Selling Early
Interest rates on T-bills fluctuate. If you sell your T-bill after interest rates have gone up, the resale value generally is reduced. Conversely, if you sell when rates have decreased, the resale value generally increases. So depending on when you sell, you might receive less than you paid for the bond. Because you aren't keeping the T-bill until the maturity date, you also won't get the interest, although getting your principal investment back is the main concern.

Other Considerations
It is possible to get T-bills directly from the government, at no fee. However, if you sell through a bank, broker or other dealer, the dealer might charge you a commission or transaction fee for handling your T-bills. This further decreases their value to you.

Bottom Line
In general, even though there is not a technical penalty for early cashing of T-bills because of the way T-bills are sold and how the Treasury pays interest, cashing in early may mean you don't get back all the money you invested. Because T-bills have such a short time to maturity, it's usually better to avoid the risks of selling.

Now tell Wanda she is wrong too

Wanda Marie Thibodeaux is a freelance copy- and ghostwriter based in Minnesota. A graduate of Central Michigan University and sole proprietor of Takingdictation.com

LOL!

Wanda is wrong too.

And everything she said is correct as everything you babble is nonsense.

Next turd

by Wanda Thibodeaux
When considering where to put their money, many investors look at options through the U.S. Department of the Treasury. One choice is the Treasury Bill, also known as the T-bill. People sometimes sell or cash in their Treasury bills early to meet their financial needs. This can mean taking a loss on the investment.

T-Bill Basics
A Treasury bill is a short-term debt instrument issued by the Department of the Treasury. These bills, considered among the safest investments in the world, mature in less than one year, usually at four weeks, 13 weeks, 26 weeks or 52 weeks.

Investors usually buy these bonds at less than face value. For example, you might pay $980 for a $1,000 bill. The difference between what you pay and the face value of the bill is interest. Technically there is no penalty for cashing out one of these bills early, because of the short nature of the investment.

Interest and Value
A major difference between T-bills and other Treasury securities is that you receive no interest until the bond matures. If you sell a bond to get your money early, the value of the bond to you no longer is the difference between your payment and the bond's face value. The value becomes the difference between your payment and whatever amount you get for the bond.

Interest rates on T-bills fluctuate. If you sell your T-bill after interest rates have gone up, the resale value generally is reduced. Conversely, if you sell when rates have decreased, the resale value generally increases. So depending on when you sell, you might receive less than you paid for the bond. Because you aren't keeping the T-bill until the maturity date, you also won't get the interest, although getting your principal investment back is the main concern.

Other Considerations
It is possible to get T-bills directly from the government, at no fee. However, if you sell through a bank, broker or other dealer, the dealer might charge you a commission or transaction fee for handling your T-bills. This further decreases their value to you.

Bottom Line
In general, even though there is not a technical penalty for early cashing of T-bills because of the way T-bills are sold and how the Treasury pays interest, cashing in early may mean you don't get back all the money you invested. Because T-bills have such a short time to maturity, it's usually better to avoid the risks of selling.

Exactly.

Laughable!

Principle? DERP!

When?

Was Bass hallucinating?

About redeeming a Treasury Bond, Note or Bill early? Yes.

You can sell them, very easily, it's the deepest market in the world.

What you can't do is force the US Treasury to pay you back before maturity.

It's a ridiculous claim....makes me chuckle.

The money that the bank handed me after I put 30 bonds on the counter is the proof.

You on the other hand, never owning a bond would not be able to know this.

Still can't find any proof? LOL!

Here you go

by Wanda Thibodeaux

T-Bill Basics

Interest and Value

Other Considerations

Bottom Line

Now tell Wanda she is wrong too

Wanda Marie Thibodeaux is a freelance copy- and ghostwriter based in Minnesota. A graduate of Central Michigan University and sole proprietor of Takingdictation.com

LOL!

Wanda is wrong too.

And everything she said is correct as everything you babble is nonsense.

Next turd

by Wanda Thibodeaux

T-Bill Basics

Interest and Value

Other Considerations

Bottom Line

One choice is the Treasury Bill, also known as the T-bill. People sometimes sell or cash in their Treasury bills early to meet their financial needs.

Sell? Easily.

Cash in early......never.

Exactly.

Laughable!

Principle? DERP!

When?

Was Bass hallucinating?

Secondary Market...That's what I thought.

Exactly.

Laughable!

Principle? DERP!

When?

Was Bass hallucinating?

You can sell them in any federal reserve bank, in the primary market. What you can't do is force the Fed to pay you the interest that you didn't earn.

How dumb are you people?

by Wanda Thibodeaux

T-Bill Basics

Interest and Value

Other Considerations

Bottom Line

When?

Was Bass hallucinating?

You can sell them in any federal reserve bank, in the primary market. What you can't do is force the Fed to pay you the interest that you didn't earn.

How dumb are you people?

by Wanda Thibodeaux

T-Bill Basics

Interest and Value

Other Considerations

Bottom Line

Why is Wanda Thibodeaux your sole proof?
Shouldn't the Banks themselves post this for their customers?

Exactly.

Laughable!

Principle? DERP!

When?

Was Bass hallucinating?

Plenty of people think that China can "call in their loan".
They're wrong. All they can do is let the Treasuries mature and not roll them over, or sell them.

They can't bring them to the US Treasury and demand cash or a check in return.

How dumb are you people?

by Wanda Thibodeaux

T-Bill Basics

Interest and Value

Other Considerations

Bottom Line

Who are you gonna believe, the Fed, US Treasury and major banks?

Or....

Wanda Marie Thibodeaux is a freelance copy- and ghostwriter based in Minnesota. A graduate of Central Michigan University and sole proprietor of Takingdictation.com, Thibodeaux focuses her business content on innovation, entrepreneurship, and management. She has a particular interest in the scientific and psychological underpinnings of business operations. She has written blogs, website and marketing content, e-books, web articles, and product descriptions. When not writing, she teaches music to private pupils. She lives with her husband and two children.

A freelance writer with no market experience?

How dumb are you people?

by Wanda Thibodeaux

T-Bill Basics

Interest and Value

Other Considerations

Bottom Line

She isn't. Do you enjoy mocking yourself?

How T-Bills Work
Federal Treasury bills work much like bonds, although they represent a shorter-term investment. Bond terms usually range from one year to as many as 30, while T-bills have monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and yearly terms. Both are essentially IOUs. When you buy T-bills, you're loaning money to the government in exchange for a set amount of profit. For example, you might purchase T-bills for $980 and receive $1,000 for them a few months later when they mature. That $20 per T-bill represents your profit.

Selling a T-Bill
Selling a T-bill is a simple process. If you've bought yours through the Treasury Department's retail arm, Treasury Direct, you'll have to transfer it to a bank or brokerage first. The appropriate form is on the Treasury Direct website. If you purchase your T-bills through your bank or another dealer or broker, it's just a question of telling that source to sell it for you. There are no formal fees or charges involved in selling your T-bills before maturity, though you do forfeit the remainder of your potential gains. You also face the potential for loss through indirect costs.

Indirect Costs
Although the U.S. Treasury Department itself doesn't charge a fee for selling your T-bills prematurely, the brokerage or bank that handles the transaction for you almost certainly will. During times of low interest rates and low returns, even a small transaction fee can negate any profit from your T-bills. The value of your T-bills in the marketplace is determined by fluctuations in the exchange rate. If rates are going down, a T-bill increases in value and you might still turn a profit. If rates are going up, however, a T-bill decreases in value and might cause further losses.

Relative Liquidity
T-bills and other conservative investments, such as CDs, represent a balance between returns and liquidity. Liquidity means your ability to gain access to your money when you need it without unnecessarily high costs. For example, your savings account at the bank is completely liquid. You can withdraw from it any time you need to and you'll pay no penalty. CDs pay a higher rate of interest, but you'll pay a substantial penalty if you withdraw your funds before the maturity date. For many investors, the short maturity terms and comparatively high returns for T-bills make them an attractive option in this investment niche.

Was Bass hallucinating?

How dumb are you people?

by Wanda Thibodeaux

T-Bill Basics

Interest and Value

Other Considerations

Bottom Line

How T-Bills Work
Federal Treasury bills work much like bonds, although they represent a shorter-term investment. Bond terms usually range from one year to as many as 30, while T-bills have monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and yearly terms. Both are essentially IOUs. When you buy T-bills, you're loaning money to the government in exchange for a set amount of profit. For example, you might purchase T-bills for $980 and receive $1,000 for them a few months later when they mature. That $20 per T-bill represents your profit.

Selling a T-Bill
Selling a T-bill is a simple process. If you've bought yours through the Treasury Department's retail arm, Treasury Direct, you'll have to transfer it to a bank or brokerage first. The appropriate form is on the Treasury Direct website. If you purchase your T-bills through your bank or another dealer or broker, it's just a question of telling that source to sell it for you. There are no formal fees or charges involved in selling your T-bills before maturity, though you do forfeit the remainder of your potential gains. You also face the potential for loss through indirect costs.

Indirect Costs
Although the U.S. Treasury Department itself doesn't charge a fee for selling your T-bills prematurely, the brokerage or bank that handles the transaction for you almost certainly will. During times of low interest rates and low returns, even a small transaction fee can negate any profit from your T-bills. The value of your T-bills in the marketplace is determined by fluctuations in the exchange rate. If rates are going down, a T-bill increases in value and you might still turn a profit. If rates are going up, however, a T-bill decreases in value and might cause further losses.

Relative Liquidity
T-bills and other conservative investments, such as CDs, represent a balance between returns and liquidity. Liquidity means your ability to gain access to your money when you need it without unnecessarily high costs. For example, your savings account at the bank is completely liquid. You can withdraw from it any time you need to and you'll pay no penalty. CDs pay a higher rate of interest, but you'll pay a substantial penalty if you withdraw your funds before the maturity date. For many investors, the short maturity terms and comparatively high returns for T-bills make them an attractive option in this investment niche.
You better read those paragraphs with a bit more care.

Was Bass hallucinating?

How dumb are you people?

by Wanda Thibodeaux

T-Bill Basics

Interest and Value

Other Considerations

Bottom Line

Or....

Wanda Marie Thibodeaux is a freelance copy- and ghostwriter based in Minnesota. A graduate of Central Michigan University and sole proprietor of Takingdictation.com, Thibodeaux focuses her business content on innovation, entrepreneurship, and management. She has a particular interest in the scientific and psychological underpinnings of business operations. She has written blogs, website and marketing content, e-books, web articles, and product descriptions. When not writing, she teaches music to private pupils. She lives with her husband and two children.

How T-Bills Work

Selling a T-Bill

Indirect Costs

Relative Liquidity

Yawning

PS. Did Trump embargo China yet?

Another big yawn..............

ZZZZZZZZ!

How dumb are you people?

by Wanda Thibodeaux

T-Bill Basics

Interest and Value

Other Considerations

Bottom Line

How T-Bills Work

Selling a T-Bill

Indirect Costs

Relative Liquidity
You better read those paragraphs with a bit more care.

No need I cashed in my bonds, got my cash and invested in emerging markets...................

LOL

U did what? lost a billion bucks?

Or was it 2 billion bucks?

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

How dumb are you people?

by Wanda Thibodeaux

T-Bill Basics

Interest and Value

Other Considerations

Bottom Line

Or....

How T-Bills Work

Selling a T-Bill

Indirect Costs

Relative Liquidity

Yawning

ZZZZZZZZ!
Read Selling a T-Bill and you'll see that Todd is correct.

How dumb are you people?

by Wanda Thibodeaux

T-Bill Basics

Interest and Value

Other Considerations

Bottom Line

Or....

How T-Bills Work

Selling a T-Bill

Indirect Costs

Relative Liquidity

Yawning

ZZZZZZZZ!
Read Selling a T-Bill and you'll see that Todd is correct.

I am correct

How can I sell my Treasury security before maturity?

If you hold your security in the Commercial Book-Entry System, contact your financial institution, government securities dealer, broker, or investment advisor. Normally there is a fee for this service. If you hold your security in TreasuryDirect or Legacy Treasury Direct, you can transfer it to an account in the Commercial Book-Entry System.

Institutional - The Basics of Treasury Securities

You must both have 55 gallon drums of Vaseline.

Was Bass hallucinating?

How dumb are you people?

by Wanda Thibodeaux

T-Bill Basics

Interest and Value

Other Considerations

Bottom Line

How T-Bills Work

Selling a T-Bill

Indirect Costs

Relative Liquidity

Selling a T-Bill

That's weird. This source says you need to transfer your T-Bill to a bank or brokerage to sell it.
No mention of selling it back to the Treasury.

It's almost as though your source doesn't back up your claim. So weird.

How dumb are you people?

by Wanda Thibodeaux

T-Bill Basics

Interest and Value

Other Considerations

Bottom Line

How T-Bills Work

Selling a T-Bill

Indirect Costs

Relative Liquidity

Selling a T-Bill

That's weird. This source says you need to transfer your T-Bill to a bank or brokerage to sell it.

I sold mine at a bank counter, paper for paper...............................

How dumb are you people?

by Wanda Thibodeaux

T-Bill Basics

Interest and Value

Other Considerations

Bottom Line

Or....

How T-Bills Work

Selling a T-Bill

Indirect Costs

Relative Liquidity

Yawning

ZZZZZZZZ!

Still pointing and laughing.

Can you find a third nobody source to back up your claim? DERP!

How dumb are you people?

by Wanda Thibodeaux

T-Bill Basics

Interest and Value

Other Considerations

Bottom Line

How T-Bills Work

Selling a T-Bill

Indirect Costs

Relative Liquidity

Selling a T-Bill

Thanks for FINALLY admitting you didn't redeem it.

Because that was the dumbest claim I've heard in a while.

Forum List

Back