What if Trump breaks economic ties to China?

What if Trump breaks economic ties to China?

• Economic breakdown of the USA

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Financial breakdown of the USA

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Isolation of the USA in the world

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • War

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Nuclear war

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • US civil war

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
You can cash in a treasury note at any federal reserve bank or branch thereof, such as these

Top 20 Member Banks of the U.S. Federal Reserve System

Institution Name: Class: Total Assets:
1. JPMorgan Chase Bank, National Association N $1,627,684,000,000
2. Bank of America, National Association N $1,465,221,449,000
3. Citibank, National Association N $1,161,361,000,000
4. Wells Fargo Bank, National Association N $608,778,000,000
5. U.S. Bank National Association N $276,376,130,000
6. PNC Bank, National Association N $260,309,849,000
7. HSBC Bank USA, National Association N $167,165,244,000
8. SunTrust Bank SM $164,340,844,000
9. The Bank of New York Mellon SM $164,275,000,000
10.State Street Bank and Trust Company SM $153,740,526,000
11.FIA Card Services, National Association N $145,365,918,000
12.TD Bank, National Association N $140,038,551,000
13.Regions Bank SM $138,006,763,000
14.Capital One, National Association N $127,360,045,000
15.RBS Citizens, National Association N $116,921,115,000
16.Fifth Third Bank SM $112,736,105,000
17.Citibank (South Dakota), N.A. N $97,969,153,000
18.Chase Bank USA, National Association N $91,043,014,000
19.Goldman Sachs Bank USA SM $91,016,000,000
20.KeyBank National Association N $90,179,122,000

Kid you are clueless, treasuries need to be redeemed whether mature or not.

You are trying to back me into a corner but are mocking yourself. I cashed in all my bonds decades ago and bought an IRA............................Sheesh

You can cash in a treasury note at any federal reserve bank or branch thereof, such as these

LOL!
Feel free to post a link for any of those banks titled, "Cashing in your Treasury Bond".

Until then, I'll continue laughing at your idiocy.

treasuries need to be redeemed whether mature or not.

Hilarious!!

Where in your little mind are treasuries redeemed? if not at Federal Reserve banks.

Seriously tell us?

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Did you graduate kindergarten

You know that Treasuries are book entry only, right? LOL!

As part of the program to expand the use of book entry, the Treasury began offering new bills exclusively in book-entry form in 1979. In August 1986, with the introduction of a program named Treasury Direct, the Treasury began marketing all new notes and bonds only in book-entry form.

Treasury Direct makes principal, interest and redemption payments on notes and bonds bought through the Fed directly into an individual investor's account at a financial institution. These payments are made electronically rather than by check. The Treasury Direct system was expanded to include bills in 1987.

Book-Entry Procedure - FEDERAL RESERVE BANK of NEW YORK

It's obvious you failed.

Dude, paper or electronic treasuries are still redeemed at a FEDERAL RESERVE BANK.

Give up, go fishin or sumptin because all you can achieve here is to expose your ignorance

Dude, paper or electronic treasuries are still redeemed at a FEDERAL RESERVE BANK.

Dude, you still have to show me that you can redeem a Treasury Bond that matures in 2033.
Now that you realize you can't walk into the bank with your certificate (your ignorance was hilarious!),
how are you going to force the US government to pay you back early?

Maybe you can find a US Treasury link? Or a Federal Reserve link to back up your claim?

Even a link for one of the banks you listed?

I'll wait, chuckling at your ignorance.

You can redeem any treasury with any date, you will not the proper interest unless the bond is mature. What part of this do you not comprehend? You never answered as to where you believe these bonds are redeemed if not at the Fed banks

Are you done being silly yet?

LOL!
Feel free to post a link for any of those banks titled, "Cashing in your Treasury Bond".

Until then, I'll continue laughing at your idiocy.

treasuries need to be redeemed whether mature or not.

Hilarious!!

Where in your little mind are treasuries redeemed? if not at Federal Reserve banks.

Seriously tell us?

As part of the program to expand the use of book entry, the Treasury began offering new bills exclusively in book-entry form in 1979. In August 1986, with the introduction of a program named Treasury Direct, the Treasury began marketing all new notes and bonds only in book-entry form.

Treasury Direct makes principal, interest and redemption payments on notes and bonds bought through the Fed directly into an individual investor's account at a financial institution. These payments are made electronically rather than by check. The Treasury Direct system was expanded to include bills in 1987.

It's obvious you failed.

Give up, go fishin or sumptin because all you can achieve here is to expose your ignorance

Dude, you still have to show me that you can redeem a Treasury Bond that matures in 2033.
Now that you realize you can't walk into the bank with your certificate (your ignorance was hilarious!),

Maybe you can find a US Treasury link? Or a Federal Reserve link to back up your claim?

You can redeem any treasury with any date, you will not the proper interest unless the bond is mature. What part of this do you not comprehend? You never answered as to where you believe these bonds are redeemed if not at the Fed banks

You can redeem any treasury with any date, you will not the proper interest unless the bond is mature.

Yes, I saw your silly claim the first time you posted it.

Now post the proof.

What part of this do you not comprehend?

How a market expert such as yourself is so ignorant of the US Treasury market.

Seriously tell us?

It's obvious you failed.

You can redeem any treasury with any date, you will not the proper interest unless the bond is mature.

Now post the proof.

In other words you think that one has to own a Mutual Fund to own treasuries.

Did it ever occur to you that the manager of the fund actually buys and redeems the bonds?

At some point you are going to run out of vaseline

Even if a product is assembled in the U.S. it's manufacture may be dependent on a Chinese supplier for components. Thus an import ban or high tariff could cause plant layoffs and economic hardships for Americans and American firms. One particularly bad situation is one segment that falls into this category is our defense contractors.

The overall U.S. military made in China, even the F35 fighter with Chinese parts-anannews.com

So we rebuild out own economy back with the high productivity jobs that went overseas. So what if things are tough for a little while?

Hi productivity jobs did not go overseas. Low productivity jobs went overseas.
Not true, or would you really call computer chip fabrication a low productivity trillion dollar niche.

Stop babbling

I already explained to you that the EPA drove chip manufacturing offshore.

Do you have any idea what NPN (or PNP) process is and how etching is done?

Even if a product is assembled in the U.S. it's manufacture may be dependent on a Chinese supplier for components. Thus an import ban or high tariff could cause plant layoffs and economic hardships for Americans and American firms. One particularly bad situation is one segment that falls into this category is our defense contractors.

The overall U.S. military made in China, even the F35 fighter with Chinese parts-anannews.com

So we rebuild out own economy back with the high productivity jobs that went overseas. So what if things are tough for a little while?

Hi productivity jobs did not go overseas. Low productivity jobs went overseas.
Not true, or would you really call computer chip fabrication a low productivity trillion dollar niche.

Stop babbling

I already explained to you that the EPA drove chip manufacturing offshore.

Do you have any idea what NPN (or PNP) process is and how etching is done?

It does not matter why this is not done here, and I agree that it should be. However to embargo China is to crash our stock market because these parts are not made here, and US companies need them today, not in two years after new wafer machines are built in new factories.

You got that?

It's obvious you failed.

Now post the proof.

Did it ever occur to you that the manager of the fund actually buys and redeems the bonds?

Plenty of individuals hold Treasuries in their personal accounts.

Did it ever occur to you that if you could prove that you can redeem, in 2017, a Treasury Bond maturing in 2033, you'd have done so by now?

Should be easy. Maybe you could Google, "How do I redeem my Treasury Bond early?"

I'll wait. Pointing and laughing.

Now post the proof.

Did it ever occur to you that if you could prove that you can redeem, in 2017, a Treasury Bond maturing in 2033, you'd have done so by now?

Should be easy. Maybe you could Google, "How do I redeem my Treasury Bond early?"

You are claiming that if one bought a treasury last year that would mature in ten years that the government would not give the holder back their money until mature.

So can you prove that the government would not redeem the bond? Sure they would, not redeeming the bond is like stealing the persons money. The contract however includes no interest on the principle so the government makes out because they were able to use the money interest free for a period.

Does all that Vaseline cause you pimples

You know, you guys who are arguing about "treasuries" and when you can and cannot cash them in should at least call them what they are supposed to be called.

It's not "treasuries", it's "treasury BONDS", or if you wish to abbreviate it further, call them US Bonds.

A "treasury" or "treasuries (plural)" is a building where money and valuables are kept.

You know, you guys who are arguing about "treasuries" and when you can and cannot cash them in should at least call them what they are supposed to be called.

It's not "treasuries", it's "treasury BONDS", or if you wish to abbreviate it further, call them US Bonds.

A "treasury" or "treasuries (plural)" is a building where money and valuables are kept.
I do not own any treasury bonds, I own funds that own them, it's easier. That said VCIT went up .44 cents today or half a percent in one day........

Nitpicking words however is meaningless, I cashed in all my bonds decades ago, none were mature. I bought an emerging market IRA fund, best thing I ever did. They were cashed in for CASH at a reserve bank branch

Last edited:

Now post the proof.

You are claiming that if one bought a treasury last year that would mature in ten years that the government would not give the holder back their money until mature.

So can you prove that the government would not redeem the bond? Sure they would, not redeeming the bond is like stealing the persons money. The contract however includes no interest on the principle so the government makes out because they were able to use the money interest free for a period.

Exactly.

So can you prove that the government would not redeem the bond?

If you find any proof that the government will redeem a Treasury Bond, Note or Bill early, post it.

Sure they would, not redeeming the bond is like stealing the persons money.

Laughable!

People who buy a Treasury know that they can't redeem it at will.
I mean except for morons like you.

The contract however includes no interest on the principle

Principle? DERP!

Feel free to post a "Treasury contract" that says you can redeem early.

I'll be here, still pointing and laughing.

We're discussing Treasury securities. Treasuries is just shorthand.

Now post the proof.

Exactly.

If you find any proof that the government will redeem a Treasury Bond, Note or Bill early, post it.

Laughable!

Principle? DERP!

So what do you think actually occurred?

Now post the proof.

Exactly.

Laughable!

Principle? DERP!

The money that the bank handed me after I put 30 bonds on the counter is the proof.

You on the other hand, never owning a bond would not be able to know this.

There is no penalty for cashing in bonds early.

What Is the Penalty of Cashing in T-Bills Before Maturity?
by Wanda Thibodeaux
When considering where to put their money, many investors look at options through the U.S. Department of the Treasury. One choice is the Treasury Bill, also known as the T-bill. People sometimes sell or cash in their Treasury bills early to meet their financial needs. This can mean taking a loss on the investment.

T-Bill Basics
A Treasury bill is a short-term debt instrument issued by the Department of the Treasury. These bills, considered among the safest investments in the world, mature in less than one year, usually at four weeks, 13 weeks, 26 weeks or 52 weeks.

Investors usually buy these bonds at less than face value. For example, you might pay $980 for a $1,000 bill. The difference between what you pay and the face value of the bill is interest. Technically there is no penalty for cashing out one of these bills early, because of the short nature of the investment.

Interest and Value
A major difference between T-bills and other Treasury securities is that you receive no interest until the bond matures. If you sell a bond to get your money early, the value of the bond to you no longer is the difference between your payment and the bond's face value. The value becomes the difference between your payment and whatever amount you get for the bond.

The Impact of Selling Early
Interest rates on T-bills fluctuate. If you sell your T-bill after interest rates have gone up, the resale value generally is reduced. Conversely, if you sell when rates have decreased, the resale value generally increases. So depending on when you sell, you might receive less than you paid for the bond. Because you aren't keeping the T-bill until the maturity date, you also won't get the interest, although getting your principal investment back is the main concern.

Other Considerations
It is possible to get T-bills directly from the government, at no fee. However, if you sell through a bank, broker or other dealer, the dealer might charge you a commission or transaction fee for handling your T-bills. This further decreases their value to you.

Bottom Line
In general, even though there is not a technical penalty for early cashing of T-bills because of the way T-bills are sold and how the Treasury pays interest, cashing in early may mean you don't get back all the money you invested. Because T-bills have such a short time to maturity, it's usually better to avoid the risks of selling.

Now post the proof.

Exactly.

Laughable!

Principle? DERP!

So what do you think actually occurred?

When?

Now post the proof.

Exactly.

Laughable!

Principle? DERP!

The money that the bank handed me after I put 30 bonds on the counter is the proof.

Still can't find any proof? LOL!

Exactly.

Laughable!

Principle? DERP!

Here you go

by Wanda Thibodeaux
When considering where to put their money, many investors look at options through the U.S. Department of the Treasury. One choice is the Treasury Bill, also known as the T-bill. People sometimes sell or cash in their Treasury bills early to meet their financial needs. This can mean taking a loss on the investment.

T-Bill Basics
A Treasury bill is a short-term debt instrument issued by the Department of the Treasury. These bills, considered among the safest investments in the world, mature in less than one year, usually at four weeks, 13 weeks, 26 weeks or 52 weeks.

Investors usually buy these bonds at less than face value. For example, you might pay $980 for a $1,000 bill. The difference between what you pay and the face value of the bill is interest. Technically there is no penalty for cashing out one of these bills early, because of the short nature of the investment.

Interest and Value
A major difference between T-bills and other Treasury securities is that you receive no interest until the bond matures. If you sell a bond to get your money early, the value of the bond to you no longer is the difference between your payment and the bond's face value. The value becomes the difference between your payment and whatever amount you get for the bond.

Interest rates on T-bills fluctuate. If you sell your T-bill after interest rates have gone up, the resale value generally is reduced. Conversely, if you sell when rates have decreased, the resale value generally increases. So depending on when you sell, you might receive less than you paid for the bond. Because you aren't keeping the T-bill until the maturity date, you also won't get the interest, although getting your principal investment back is the main concern.

Other Considerations
It is possible to get T-bills directly from the government, at no fee. However, if you sell through a bank, broker or other dealer, the dealer might charge you a commission or transaction fee for handling your T-bills. This further decreases their value to you.

Bottom Line
In general, even though there is not a technical penalty for early cashing of T-bills because of the way T-bills are sold and how the Treasury pays interest, cashing in early may mean you don't get back all the money you invested. Because T-bills have such a short time to maturity, it's usually better to avoid the risks of selling.

Exactly.

Laughable!

Principle? DERP!

Here you go

by Wanda Thibodeaux

T-Bill Basics

Interest and Value

Other Considerations

Bottom Line

Now tell Wanda she is wrong too

So the orange Emperor threatens China to break the economic ties to the country. Let´s lookup the cards they hold.

China:
- Actually the place stuff is made
- Largest forex reserves
- Major US loaner
- Strong military

USA:
- A large crowd of well funded customers
- A megalomaniacal madman with the finger on the red button
- Mobile, high effective, fleet with limited war capacity

Under the assumption that the USA is generally hostile towards every country, it is not a smart idea to break ties with North Korea. The economic ties are minimal anyway and North Korea has more business with South Korea. A ban would hit South Korea more while China would lose a strong ally that works as natural stronghold in case China and the USA go to war.

However, the scenarios for Trump´s America are not bright.

Trump wouldn't do that. He's more concerned with money than anything else, and China is about money for the US.

Exactly.

Laughable!

Principle? DERP!

Here you go

by Wanda Thibodeaux

T-Bill Basics

Interest and Value

Other Considerations

Bottom Line

Wow!
You found someone even dumber than you.

So still nothing from the US Treasury, Federal Reserve or JPMorgan (or any other bank)?
Just some idiot named Wanda?

Exactly.

Laughable!

Principle? DERP!

Here you go

by Wanda Thibodeaux

T-Bill Basics

Interest and Value

Other Considerations

Bottom Line

Now tell Wanda she is wrong too

Wanda Marie Thibodeaux is a freelance copy- and ghostwriter based in Minnesota. A graduate of Central Michigan University and sole proprietor of Takingdictation.com

LOL!

Wanda is wrong too.

Forum List

Back