🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What if your kid came out as gay?

And again..just curious.

Scenario: Your 14 year old son tells you he is in the wrong body and wants to change his gender. Completely. Including hormones, removal of his boy parts (being polite here), and wants to go shopping for dresses, you buy him makeup, etc.

Do you support his decision? What if he were 10? Or 8? Even 17?

From your own personal perspective..what would you do?
My primary concern would be the ignorance, bigotry, and hate of conservatives he’d be forced to deal with; conservatives who would seek to discriminate against him and deny him his comprehensive civil rights.

My son doesn't appear to "like" girls he is 37, he has never said so but he has some pretty weird stuff on his computer and has never had a girlfriend, I wish I had grandkids from him but other then that disappointment it really doesn't matter to me.
Yeah, he is keepin it on the DL. That's the way gay folks did it, back in the day. Like respectful adults. Sex, and sexual tastes are a PRIVATE matter.
I really love my kids not sure anything could change that, and this doesn't even register as a problem, ones personal sexual choices is well their personal choice. I don't support being gay but then it really is none of my business anyway.

And again..just curious.

Scenario: Your 14 year old son tells you he is in the wrong body and wants to change his gender. Completely. Including hormones, removal of his boy parts (being polite here), and wants to go shopping for dresses, you buy him makeup, etc.

Get him out of the shit school he's in and get help.

Dear Abby blah blah blah.
What!?? You're thread title is about comming out gay but the scenario that you present is about gender dysphoria? That kind of tell me that you are kind of out to lunch on the whole topic of human sexuality, and gender identity. Get it together. What do you want to discuss?
Yep. Mother's out to lunch and fondling her own pussy over it
Do you have anything appropriate and helpful to contribute.? Stupid question. You never do
How come you only show up faggot threads? Are you a peter puffer?

My son doesn't appear to "like" girls he is 37, he has never said so but he has some pretty weird stuff on his computer and has never had a girlfriend, I wish I had grandkids from him but other then that disappointment it really doesn't matter to me.
Yeah, he is keepin it on the DL. That's the way gay folks did it, back in the day. Like respectful adults. Sex, and sexual tastes are a PRIVATE matter.

Yeah but, this is now. Why couldn't your child bring home the person he loves for dinner and be part of a family?

I know you don't want stuff thrown in your face like a double dog dare .. but not all gay people are like that.

In 2000 my son's wifes older brother came out in a large Catholic family and I was part of that family.

He was a very successful, well educated hedge fund manager... and it was awkward for these devout Catholic parents.

I kept silent for months until I was asked. All I could say to them was this: He's a good man. I think I would try very hard to accept this relationship.

Its turned out well... and its been 20 years now,

And again..just curious.

That's two differnt things.

Are you asking what if he's gay? Or transgender?

My answer is help him navigate through a really rough time at his age and love him for what and who he is.
He doesn't want to be who he is or he wouldn't think he wants to be a woman.

And again..just curious.

I've got two that went off to college. They both have masters degrees from CA UC universities, and they both became "woke". Reminds me of "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest." I am sad that they became commies, but I still love them.

One of them turned out to be queer, but it doesn't bother me. Since she is out of the house and on their own, I don't think there is much I could do to change who she is and it really isn't any of my business at this point. I am far more concerned about seeing her reprogrammed as a commie than I am about her becoming a queer.

Dear Abby blah blah blah.
What!?? You're thread title is about comming out gay but the scenario that you present is about gender dysphoria? That kind of tell me that you are kind of out to lunch on the whole topic of human sexuality, and gender identity. Get it together. What do you want to discuss?
Yep. Mother's out to lunch and fondling her own pussy over it
Do you have anything appropriate and helpful to contribute.? Stupid question. You never do
How come you only show up faggot threads? Are you a peter puffer?
You are now forever ignored. I have no time for your stupidity

Yeah but, this is now. Why couldn't your child bring home the person he loves for dinner and be part of a family?

I know you don't want stuff thrown in your face like a double dog dare .. but not all gay people are like that.

In 2000 my son's wifes older brother came out in a large Catholic family and I was part of that family.

He was a very successful, well educated hedge fund manager... and it was awkward for these devout Catholic parents.

I kept silent for months until I was asked. All I could say to them was this: He's a good man. I think I would try very hard to accept this relationship.

Its turned out well... and its been 20 years now,

Very true...not all gay males are the flamboyant "Queen" type. They are like any other group. They come in all stripes. I think that most people do not have a problem with anyone who is measured, centered, and respectful, gay or straight.

And again..just curious.

No on anything permanent...........no hormones, no body parts

Back in 1997 I tried to get a weekly card game going with coworkers that LOVED to play the game I was trying to form but because one of the players was gay NOY one person would join. I was so disappointed but I never considered dropping the gay guy to do it,

Straight to the shrink and then the church...and out of public school.....immediately....
Jesus will cure him of the ghey
Removing him from public school and away from perverted freak teachers will help a great deal....and yes prayer....
Shame him , riddicule him, reject him, tell him that it is all in his head. Withold all support and validation, but you had better also start planning the funeral. People like you are why LGBT people kill themselves. You would have blood on your hands

To anwer my own question...I would love him, regardless. BUT....no body changing until he is of age and supporting himself. Even at 18, kids 18 years old are not fully cooked yet. And there are sooooo many problems with changing their sex surgically. No orgasms. EVER. I wonder if they know that?

Forum List

Back