What is an "assault rifle"?

Is one of these an "assault rifle"? If so, which one?

img_5067.jpg

91046.png

The black gun is the intended meaning of an assault rifle that used in combat and fires multiple shots until empty where as the one on top is a true riffle intended to fire one bullet at a time.

Wrong. In combat, most operation of a M-16 or a M-4 uses single shot. The 3 shot burst is rarely used. And Colt no longer makes the full auto AR variant as it's pretty worthless in combat. You run out of ammo way, way too fast when you spray and pray and usually don't hit anything in the process. Try again. What makes the AR a combat rifle and makes the Mini-14 a sporting/hunting rifle. There is an answer there. And I have said it many times.

It’s an inaccurate term used to describe a semi automatic rifle in order to get an emotional response after a mass shooting.

That type of hyperbole is strictly allowed from both sides in the US Court of Public Opinion.
Are saying the term assault rifle is not another way of describing a semi automatic rifle and it does not evoke a more emotional response than semi automatic? If not then why not simply call the rifle a semi automatic?

If you wish to ban what MOST believe as an Assault Rifle (meaning the AK and the AR) you have to be specific in the law you write. The proper way for it to fly in the courts is something like "AR and it's variants". Just putting "Assault Rifle" will get it bounced even in the lower courts. But the term "AR and it's variants" has withstood the higher federal courts.

So to answer that stupid person that still keeps presenting the Mini-14 and it's variants, no, cupcake, it's not an assault rifle by legal definition.
Every gun in existence is an assault weapon! A knife is an assault weapon, a rock is an assault weapon! Fk you and your thoughts you will disarm Americans! Come on mthr fkers come get em ! I dare you

67 percent of Americans support an assault weapons ban
Among Republicans, 46 percent support, 46 percent approve

A stunning number lands in the middle of the gun debate - CNNPolitics
and those same 67% can't define an assault rifles characteristics that don't bleed into every other gun out there.

We can work on it and make it bigger when you guys whine ........Why isn’t this an assault rifle too?
see what i mean? you can't even define what you want to ban - you just will ban MORE when you find out you've been wrong about what you THOUGHT you knew.

and it's a rugar 10/22 accessorized. if you're calling this an assault rifle then you are simply going by the look and not the performance nor features of the gun.

THAT is the issue. gun grabbers won't learn about guns, they just broaden their hate and in the end come after guns ALL THE WHILE saying they're not doing that.
Easy to come up with an initial definition based on firing rate
We can refine it as you guys start to whine about it

As a start, we can limit magazines to 15 rounds
That should slow you down when you want to slaughter school children
What's this assigning me as a killer shit?

Crap like this is why you get ignored.

and those same 67% can't define an assault rifles characteristics that don't bleed into every other gun out there.

We can work on it and make it bigger when you guys whine ........Why isn’t this an assault rifle too?
see what i mean? you can't even define what you want to ban - you just will ban MORE when you find out you've been wrong about what you THOUGHT you knew.

and it's a rugar 10/22 accessorized. if you're calling this an assault rifle then you are simply going by the look and not the performance nor features of the gun.

THAT is the issue. gun grabbers won't learn about guns, they just broaden their hate and in the end come after guns ALL THE WHILE saying they're not doing that.

Just trying to make things more difficult for those who want to slaughter school children

Any semi auto rifle which can use large capacity magazines.
WRONG

:laughing0301:

Is it? They sure have proven capable of killing lots of people really fast. Call them what you want, but semi auto rifles which can use large capacity magazines must be banned.

Yeah, you're mistaken, methinks you're confusing "assault style" rifles (like for example the AR-15) with actual assault rifles (like for example the M-16). The assault rifles have selectable firing modes (including full automatic) while the assault style rifles do not, other than that, not much difference.
Well ARs sure have proven they can kill many really fast. So they are in my definition.
That's most guns. If you can't define what you are mad at, come back when you can.

Just trying to make things more difficult for those who want to slaughter school children
Put mental patients where they belong then, guns did nothing unless of course you saw one do something. And you, that’s possible

Put mental patients where they belong then, guns did nothing unless of course you saw one do something. And you, that’s possible
Just keep guns away from them

We need gun shops to act like bartenders and deny service to those they think are irresponsible

Assault rifle - Wikipedia

An assault rifle is a selective-fire rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine.

Selective fire means the capability of a weapon to be adjusted to fire in semi-automatic, burst mode, and/or fully automatic firing mode.

We can't get assault rifles as civilians.

/—-/ Assault rifle is a made up term by liberals to demon a legal firearm. No government agency or manufacturer uses it. And anyone can post a definition on Wikipedia- meaningless

And in that 3 s

Not really bone head tape two 15 rounders together back to back, 3 seconds to flip the mags and rock on. Your neighbors with guns will probably not shoot "you" just the school children. What an idiot you are.
and in that 3 seconds the shooter is vulnerable.

An assault rifle is a selective-fire rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine.

Selective fire means the capability of a weapon to be adjusted to fire in semi-automatic, burst mode, and/or fully automatic firing mode.

/—-/ Assault rifle is a made up term by liberals to demon a legal firearm. No government agency or manufacturer uses it. And anyone can post a definition on Wikipedia- meaningless
Want to come up with another name for a rifle capable of rapid fire with large capacity magazines?

Want to come up with another name for a rifle capable of rapid fire with large capacity magazines?
/—-/ Nah, I’ll just use the name the manufacturer came up with.

img_5067.jpg

91046.png

depending on the use both are assault rifles,,,

thankfully the 2nd amendment covers both
The second amendment covers all arms, and fools do not even know that all arms are not available to them so a2 is moot
Covers all arms? Ummmm no it doesn't. It seems to leave out machine guns...and I would argue assault weapons for the same reason

img_5067.jpg

91046.png

The second amendment covers all arms, and fools do not even know that all arms are not available to them so a2 is moot
Covers all arms? Ummmm no it doesn't. It seems to leave out machine guns...and I would argue assault weapons for the same reason
/——/ The 2nd Amendment does not specify what weapons since the Founding Fathers had no idea what new weapons would be developed in the future.

img_5067.jpg

91046.png

Forum List

Back