What is an "ice age?"

Give us some reason to believe that besides your say-so.

During the past million years, North America thawed while Greenland froze, proving to any reasonable, rational, factual based person of science that Earth climate change is continent specific, not global...

I'm sorry, that is simply another unsubstantiated assertion. I asked you to give us some reason to believe that besides your say-so. That's a call for EVIDENCE. For some real expert saying the same thing. Some scientific studies that who come to the same conclusions based on their work. REAL SUPPORT. That it's whirling around in your head doesn't mean anything to any of us Dex. It's just your head, y'know?

I'd like to see his proof that the alternating magnetic stripes on the seafloor are the result of plate tectonics causing the seafloor rift to rotate, rather than the magnetic poles reversing.

These things are all relative: mag poles flipping, plates spinning like tops, same-o same-o. Of course to produce the pattern seen, they'd have to do a 180 degree rotation almost instantly, then continue spreading as they'd been doing for another 50,000 years before giving us another instantaneous twist.

Wow... what a world we live in, eh?

These things are all relative: mag poles flipping, plates spinning like tops, same-o same-o. Of course to produce the pattern seen, they'd have to do a 180 degree rotation almost instantly, then continue spreading as they'd been doing for another 50,000 years before giving us another instantaneous twist.

Spinning like a top does make more sense than flipping poles.
It is weird that no spreading occurred half way thru a spin.
And that there is no rational reason for the ocean floor to spin.
Of course rational and LaDerpster have never met.

upload_2016-8-28_20-10-8.png

And look at all that blue meltwater I Photoshopped in there.

That's another total falsehood. Once the magma solidifies into rock, the direction of the magnet is set. If the plate rotates, so does the direction of the magnet.

That's another total falsehood. Once the magma solidifies into rock, the direction of the magnet is set. If the plate rotates, so does the direction of the magnet.

If the plate rotates,

Why does the plate rotate? How quickly? Any evidence?

South America has rotated almost 90 degrees since it broke off from Africa (while still attached to Antarctica). It is like a leg following through on a kick at the south pole.

Remember, we live on a sphere, not a flat surface....

South America has rotated almost 90 degrees since it broke off from Africa (while still attached to Antarctica). It is like a leg following through on a kick at the south pole.

Remember, we live on a sphere, not a flat surface....

South America has rotated almost 90 degrees since it broke off from Africa

How many millions of years for 90 degrees?
Compared to multiple 180 degree rotations of the sea floor rift over the same period. LOL!

In the ballpark of 100 million years. Some "estimates" of Pangea have South America almost 120 or so degrees from its current position, which happened because latitude length get shorter closer to the pole. In other words, the continent travels the same amount, just on a sphere, which "warps" the movement.

In the ballpark of 100 million years. Some "estimates" of Pangea have South America almost 120 or so degrees from its current position, which happened because latitude length get shorter closer to the pole. In other words, the continent travels the same amount, just on a sphere, which "warps" the movement.

In the ballpark of 100 million years.

Why so long....if the sea floor rift rotates so quickly?
I mean the part up near Greenland has to move all the way down between South America and Africa.
What powers this magic turntable?

I never said it rotates quickly. I just said the case for Earth magnetic pole switching is based on the assumption that every piece of land is pointing in the same direction it was when it was formed, which SA proves is not the case...

I never said it rotates quickly. I just said the case for Earth magnetic pole switching is based on the assumption that every piece of land is pointing in the same direction it was when it was formed, which SA proves is not the case...

I never said it rotates quickly.

Based on the number of reversed magnetic stripes on the sea floor, it has to rotate quickly for your "theory" to work.

which SA proves is not the case

Please explain how SA disproves pole flipping.

SA proves plates rotate, and hence assuming they don't rotate and hence the Earth magnetic field must flip to explain the data is false.

The "sea floor" argument is something I am not familiar with. I thought the theory was meant to explain different magnetic direction of land based "dried magma.:"

SA proves plates rotate, and hence assuming they don't rotate and hence the Earth magnetic field must flip to explain the data is false.

The "sea floor" argument is something I am not familiar with. I thought the theory was meant to explain different magnetic direction of land based "dried magma.:"

SA proves plates rotate,

It doesn't prove they rotate every few hundred thousand years.

The "sea floor" argument is something I am not familiar with.

Sea floor spreading is new to you?

upload_2016-8-29_12-10-42.png

Forum List

Back