What is causing the Empty Shelves

I did some research and come up with some reasons for the empty shelves.

It was started by the Hoarders. They stripped the shelves of many of the life essential things like cleaning supplies, paper goods, meats that could be frozen, canned goods and more. And each day for 2 weeks, they have changed to more goods to hoard so even more things go into shortage. This has been going on for about 2 weeks. Due to the empty shelves, the hoarders have been definately slowed down.

While the Hoarders started this problem, I found out that it's perpetuated by the lack of supplies. If we look at the Warehouses, the Warehouses have spread out their supplies evenly to all their stores. And they aren't receiving enough from their suppliers. The supply is well below the normal demand without even considering the Hoarder problem. I visited a Walmart at 6:20 today and filmed their shelves. They did receive a few trucks the night before and had most of it out already.

Walmart Empty Shelves

Depends on the goods but when it costs you more to import each unit due to the trade war, you stock less. During times of peak usage, shortages are to be expected.

It was started by the Hoarders. They stripped the shelves of many of the life essential things like cleaning supplies, paper goods, meats that could be frozen, canned goods and more. And each day for 2 weeks, they have changed to more goods to hoard so even more things go into shortage. This has been going on for about 2 weeks. Due to the empty shelves, the hoarders have been definately slowed down.

While the Hoarders started this problem, I found out that it's perpetuated by the lack of supplies. If we look at the Warehouses, the Warehouses have spread out their supplies evenly to all their stores. And they aren't receiving enough from their suppliers. The supply is well below the normal demand without even considering the Hoarder problem. I visited a Walmart at 6:20 today and filmed their shelves. They did receive a few trucks the night before and had most of it out already.

Walmart Empty Shelves
you dont have any toilet paper to wipe your shitty ass do you ?

I have plenty. I purchased enough for about 6 months a couple of months ago. But I doubt if I have enough to wipe your shitty mouth with.

Liar!
No sane person purchased 6 months of TP 2 months ago!
You have brown eyes, donchya'? (You're so full of shit, keyboard cowboy!).

Time to thin the gene pool out a bit more. Have a nice day.

Walmart Empty Shelves

I have plenty. I purchased enough for about 6 months a couple of months ago. But I doubt if I have enough to wipe your shitty mouth with.

Liar!

Too late, you've already bred.

Walmart Empty Shelves

Liar!

Too late, you've already bred.

Yupper and I passed it on. Too old to do that again. After the last one, who the hell would want to.

The trade war the blob started. When imports cost more, the importers may spend as much as they budgeted but receive less product. So when you have over-consumption, shortages develop.

Walmart Empty Shelves

this just goes to show the best defense is to stock up during times of abundance and that way you dont become needy during times of scarcity like this one,,,
that's what made stores like Sam's and Costco so attractive.
I called Sam's tuesday, and they would not tell me if they had TP or anything else in stock. Screw them. They wanted me to drive nearly 200 miles to find out.
How would you feel about them had they told you they were stocked but ran out in the time it took you to drive 200 miles?

Don't live so far out in BFE?

The trade war the blob started. When imports cost more, the importers may spend as much as they budgeted but receive less product. So when you have over-consumption, shortages develop.

Toilet paper is generally produced in the country that consumes it. The shipping is just too much to put it on a freighter ship and send it from overseas. It's not cost effective. They would rather ship smaller, heavier items and make more money. So you'll find that the furthest point that the toilet paper will be shipped from would be either Canada or Mexico. In most cases, it's from the US where the pulp used is plentiful.

While I really don't care for Rump, the panic is part of the cause. But I think there is more to it than just the panic now.

Toilet paper is generally produced in the country that consumes it. The shipping is just too much to put it on a freighter ship and send it from overseas. It's not cost effective. They would rather ship smaller, heavier items and make more money. So you'll find that the furthest point that the toilet paper will be shipped from would be either Canada or Mexico. In most cases, it's from the US where the pulp used is plentiful.

While I really don't care for Rump, the panic is part of the cause. But I think there is more to it than just the panic now.

And the wood pulp that makes the paper?

The blob tariffed wood imports as well. As far as I know, the destructive tariffs are still in place.

The blob tariffed wood imports as well. As far as I know, the destructive tariffs are still in place.
Good, why do you hate fair trade with the United States? Never mind, we know why.

Pulpwood is a staple of the south's economy, dumbass! Why do you think we have paper mills?

Show me a tariff on pulpwood.

Walmart Empty Shelves

this just goes to show the best defense is to stock up during times of abundance and that way you dont become needy during times of scarcity like this one,,,
Hey, cool idea. Stock up in the fat years, to survive the lean years. Almost biblical. Could have been implemented by someone responsible in charge.

You know nothing about tarrifs

Walmart Empty Shelves
people are buying enough food to last 2-3 weeks because of the shelter in place advice

Walmart Empty Shelves
People buying things.

You know nothing about tarrifs

You probably are still arguing that the exporter pays them. Am I right? Lol

Forum List

Back