What is causing the Empty Shelves

I did some research and come up with some reasons for the empty shelves.

It was started by the Hoarders. They stripped the shelves of many of the life essential things like cleaning supplies, paper goods, meats that could be frozen, canned goods and more. And each day for 2 weeks, they have changed to more goods to hoard so even more things go into shortage. This has been going on for about 2 weeks. Due to the empty shelves, the hoarders have been definately slowed down.

While the Hoarders started this problem, I found out that it's perpetuated by the lack of supplies. If we look at the Warehouses, the Warehouses have spread out their supplies evenly to all their stores. And they aren't receiving enough from their suppliers. The supply is well below the normal demand without even considering the Hoarder problem. I visited a Walmart at 6:20 today and filmed their shelves. They did receive a few trucks the night before and had most of it out already.

Walmart Empty Shelves

this just goes to show the best defense is to stock up during times of abundance and that way you dont become needy during times of scarcity like this one,,,

From my research, this is a created shortage. It started out as a panic buy by a bunch of people with more money than sense and then the supply got cut for whatever reason. The supply is only a fraction of what it should be under even a normal demand without the Hoarders. I don't exactly know what's going on with the suppliers but this can no longer be blamed on the Hoarders, Media or panic.
The media is driving the panic, and the democrats are going everything they can to blame Trump and hurt us all.

It was started by the Hoarders. They stripped the shelves of many of the life essential things like cleaning supplies, paper goods, meats that could be frozen, canned goods and more. And each day for 2 weeks, they have changed to more goods to hoard so even more things go into shortage. This has been going on for about 2 weeks. Due to the empty shelves, the hoarders have been definately slowed down.

While the Hoarders started this problem, I found out that it's perpetuated by the lack of supplies. If we look at the Warehouses, the Warehouses have spread out their supplies evenly to all their stores. And they aren't receiving enough from their suppliers. The supply is well below the normal demand without even considering the Hoarder problem. I visited a Walmart at 6:20 today and filmed their shelves. They did receive a few trucks the night before and had most of it out already.

Walmart Empty Shelves

this just goes to show the best defense is to stock up during times of abundance and that way you dont become needy during times of scarcity like this one,,,

From my research, this is a created shortage. It started out as a panic buy by a bunch of people with more money than sense and then the supply got cut for whatever reason. The supply is only a fraction of what it should be under even a normal demand without the Hoarders. I don't exactly know what's going on with the suppliers but this can no longer be blamed on the Hoarders, Media or panic.

that just proves my point even more,,,
stocking up during times of abundance is the only solution to these kind of shortages,,,

Walmart Empty Shelves

this, it has to be.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="Walmart Empty Shelves" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen seamless></iframe><p><a href="Walmart Empty Shelves" target="_blank">Walmart Empty Shelves</a></p>
yes, people who can't share.

Greedy Republicans.

The Me Me Me GOP.

Walmart Empty Shelves
What is causing the empty shelves?
  1. Panic from housewives that their children and family would be locked in their home for weeks and months and that other people would clean out the supply. So they sent the poor old man out to spend every last dollar he had on every last item they could buy to stuff into their home before someone else got it.
  2. Hearing that others were cleaning out shelves, everyone else now bolted to do the same. Now they have created the very situation they feared.
  3. Fears of Corona forced places like Amazon to shut down online orders for common supplies, so now the stores are empty and you can't buy it online either.
  4. Fears of corona drove suppliers and manufacturers to cut down on employment, hours, workers and deliveries, thus not restocking the stores.
Congratulation, jackasses! Hope you trip over that 5 foot pile of TP in your hallway and fall down your cellar steps. Had everyone just remained calm and continued to buy what they needed when they needed it, everyone would have what they need.
I just ordered a 4 pack of these:

screenshot_948.png

Amazon has not shut down anything that I can see.

:itsok:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="Walmart Empty Shelves" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen seamless></iframe><p><a href="Walmart Empty Shelves" target="_blank">Walmart Empty Shelves</a></p>
yes, people who can't share.

Greedy Republicans.

The Me Me Me GOP.
link

You can see it in their eyes and in their shopping carts.

They are panic stricken and don't know what to do. Their eyes are glazed over with the 1,000 yard stare and their carts are full of TP and bleach & nothing else.

As a 20 year prepper I would really like to help these people make better decisions...but there isn't time. I wish they would have paid attention at some point over the last 20 years.

I haven't even been to a store during all this panic shopping because I don't need anything.

They are panic stricken and don't know what to do. Their eyes are glazed over with the 1,000 yard stare and their carts are full of TP and bleach & nothing else.

As a 20 year prepper I would really like to help these people make better decisions...but there isn't time. I wish they would have paid attention at some point over the last 20 years.

I haven't even been to a store during all this panic shopping because I don't need anything.
it's the stores fault. they should have stopped the hoarders at the cash register.

Walmart Empty Shelves
Funny I've been to the supermarket twice in the last 2 weeks and while there were some empty shelves I had no problem finding actual staples like flour, sugar, yeast, dried beans rice various cereals and there were plenty of fresh fruits and veg.

But then again I know how to cook and don't rely on prepared foods

Walmart Empty Shelves

The media is driving the panic, and the democrats are going everything they can to blame Trump and hurt us all.

It's way past blaming Rump, The Party of the Rump, Democraps or ....... It's gotten to the point where there are many Seniors and disabled people that can't get the basic food to survive. And I don't see an end in sight. This is much worse than the Virus itself and all you want to do is spread your hate.

The ONLY reason I bought those two 1 pound packages of hamburger was I was there right after their doors were opened. By 9 am, the Hamburger will be completely gone. Yesterday, Walmart didn't even ship in ANY hamburger. And Hamburger is one of the staples of a Senior or Disabled diet. They can't afford the more costly cuts of meat.

Today I looked at Walmart. Tomorrow, I will look at Safeway. They get a shipment 2 times a week, Tuesday and Thursday nights. And I am trying to get scheduled to speak with a Safeway Manager.

Walmart Empty Shelves
Funny I've been to the supermarket twice in the last 2 weeks and while there were some empty shelves I had no problem finding actual staples like flour, sugar, yeast, dried beans rice various cereals and there were plenty of fresh fruits and veg.

If you watch the video, you will see the flour, sugar, dried beans shelves are empty and that's after a shipment. Safeway and City Market are no different.

Walmart Empty Shelves

It's way past blaming Rump, The Party of the Rump, Democraps or ....... It's gotten to the point where there are many Seniors and disabled people that can't get the basic food to survive. And I don't see an end in sight. This is much worse than the Virus itself and all you want to do is spread your hate.

The ONLY reason I bought those two 1 pound packages of hamburger was I was there right after their doors were opened. By 9 am, the Hamburger will be completely gone. Yesterday, Walmart didn't even ship in ANY hamburger. And Hamburger is one of the staples of a Senior or Disabled diet. They can't afford the more costly cuts of meat.

Today I looked at Walmart. Tomorrow, I will look at Safeway. They get a shipment 2 times a week, Tuesday and Thursday nights. And I am trying to get scheduled to speak with a Safeway Manager.
this, and this was created by the government. they over reacted, they did that to hurt Trump. PERIOD!!!!! These fks looked at the american population and decided they were acceptable casualties.

Walmart Empty Shelves

If you watch the video, you will see the flour, sugar, dried beans shelves are empty and that's after a shipment. Safeway and City Market are no different.

I don't need a video I have actually been to the stores in my area.

In fact i was actually surprised that there was tons of fresh produce available even though frozen foods were a bit sparse.

I walked down an aisle with shelves full of rice, beans oatmeal, etc

Walmart Empty Shelves

this, and this was created by the government. they over reacted, they did that to hurt Trump. PERIOD!!!!! These fks looked at the american population and decided they were acceptable casualties.

What did people really expect

people still mob the stores for bread milk and eggs every time 3 inches of snow is forecast

it's the stores fault. they should have stopped the hoarders at the cash register.

That's a difficult call. Some people live way up in the mountains and only come to town every 3 or 4 months and will do a huge buy. While others are on food stamps and make a monthly purchase. It's hard to tell sometimes. Now, if a person has 3 carts full of nothing but TP then that's easy to see. But 2 weeks ago, when this first started, no one in the stores saw this coming and in the first few days, there were people buying huge quantities like that at the grocery stores. They had already stripped Cosco and Sams. Safeway does limit the TP purchase now except they just don't have any to limit.

There are number of things that are at play.
People panicked into buying by the media playing 24/7 we are all going to die, no more being made.
People see others buying so they follow wether they planed to or not.
Stores and warehouses buy on what is anticipated. That way they do not have stock sitting around, and in some cases going bad.
With people told to practice social distancing some are not going to work and some don't want to be next to someone that might possibly have something so it is shutting down or slowing down things being on the shelves.
Add in we have a great reliance on China and other countries for things that means shipping by water.

people still mob the stores for bread milk and eggs every time 3 inches of snow is forecast

Around here, we've never seen anything like this. People are normally level headed. Like I said, in the first few days, it was the Hoarders but then the suppliers started sending less and less each day until it's now a trickle.

That's a difficult call. Some people live way up in the mountains and only come to town every 3 or 4 months and will do a huge buy. While others are on food stamps and make a monthly purchase. It's hard to tell sometimes. Now, if a person has 3 carts full of nothing but TP then that's easy to see. But 2 weeks ago, when this first started, no one in the stores saw this coming and in the first few days, there were people buying huge quantities like that at the grocery stores. They had already stripped Cosco and Sams. Safeway does limit the TP purchase now except they just don't have any to limit.
Yep, I agree, again, given the situation at hand, the store is the one that has to act as the adult and stop hoarding. period. I saw a lady Monday buying over ten gallons of milk and ten gallons of water. The gal at the register didn't call a manager to come and stop this purchase. I wanted to say something, but I'd only become a bad guy. It has to be the store controlling purchases. I really wish they'd grow some mthr fking balls and tell customers they can't buy that much.

Around here, we've never seen anything like this. People are normally level headed. Like I said, in the first few days, it was the Hoarders but then the suppliers started sending less and less each day until it's now a trickle.
And that's the part I don't get. it's been two weeks at least now, and what, none of our manufacturers know how to increase volumes?

There are number of things that are at play.
People panicked into buying by the media playing 24/7 we are all going to die, no more being made.
People see others buying so they follow wether they planed to or not.
Stores and warehouses buy on what is anticipated. That way they do not have stock sitting around, and in some cases going bad.
With people told to practice social distancing some are not going to work and some don't want to be next to someone that might possibly have something so it is shutting down or slowing down things being on the shelves.
Add in we have a great reliance on China and other countries for things that means shipping by water.

Paper Goods are not shipped from China. The size versus the weight means they can't be shipped on the water. They are shipped by truck and train and made in North America. They would just take up too much space for their weight to make it profitable to ship from Asia or even Europe.

Forum List

Back