What is causing the Empty Shelves

The trade war the blob started. When imports cost more, the importers may spend as much as they budgeted but receive less product. So when you have over-consumption, shortages develop.

Toilet paper is generally produced in the country that consumes it. The shipping is just too much to put it on a freighter ship and send it from overseas. It's not cost effective. They would rather ship smaller, heavier items and make more money. So you'll find that the furthest point that the toilet paper will be shipped from would be either Canada or Mexico. In most cases, it's from the US where the pulp used is plentiful.

While I really don't care for Rump, the panic is part of the cause. But I think there is more to it than just the panic now.

And the wood pulp that makes the paper?

The blob tariffed wood imports as well. As far as I know, the destructive tariffs are still in place.
You know nothing about tarrifs

You probably are still arguing that the exporter pays them. Am I right? Lol
Some do some don’t. You don’t know

A lot of people do not maintain a pantry or a freezer. They just shop a couple of times a week.

Then they learn they might need to stay at home for two weeks, then maybe 4.

People wanted to buy 2-4 weeks of supplies in a week's time.

Stores do not stock 2-4 weeks of supplies for everyone. I'm thinking 10 - 15 people buying a mega pack would empty that option from the shelves. The stores will catch up.

The trade war the blob started. When imports cost more, the importers may spend as much as they budgeted but receive less product. So when you have over-consumption, shortages develop.

Toilet paper is generally produced in the country that consumes it. The shipping is just too much to put it on a freighter ship and send it from overseas. It's not cost effective. They would rather ship smaller, heavier items and make more money. So you'll find that the furthest point that the toilet paper will be shipped from would be either Canada or Mexico. In most cases, it's from the US where the pulp used is plentiful.

While I really don't care for Rump, the panic is part of the cause. But I think there is more to it than just the panic now.

The blob tariffed wood imports as well. As far as I know, the destructive tariffs are still in place.

WHoever pays is beyond your comprehension because all you can do is post fake news like all you vermin do.

WHoever pays is beyond your comprehension because all you can do is post fake news like all you vermin do.
My company pays all fees in foreign countries.

I did some research and come up with some reasons for the empty shelves.

It was started by the Hoarders. They stripped the shelves of many of the life essential things like cleaning supplies, paper goods, meats that could be frozen, canned goods and more. And each day for 2 weeks, they have changed to more goods to hoard so even more things go into shortage. This has been going on for about 2 weeks. Due to the empty shelves, the hoarders have been definately slowed down.

While the Hoarders started this problem, I found out that it's perpetuated by the lack of supplies. If we look at the Warehouses, the Warehouses have spread out their supplies evenly to all their stores. And they aren't receiving enough from their suppliers. The supply is well below the normal demand without even considering the Hoarder problem. I visited a Walmart at 6:20 today and filmed their shelves. They did receive a few trucks the night before and had most of it out already.

Walmart Empty Shelves
people are buying enough food to last 2-3 weeks because of the shelter in place advice
Adam Schiff is hoarding dildos

Forum List

Back