*What Is Death To An Ahteist*?

The brain of a child is not developed enough for certain thought processes.

Evolution is by definition a fluid process; behavioral evolution even more so.

Racism itself is a fairly new thing as far as human behaviors go. As I said before xenophobia was based in survival and racism is a vestige of that. Racism also has a component of arrogance that developed cultures held towards less developed cultures.

Anthropologically, behaviors and attitudes follow their own evolutionary paths. It is quite an interesting field.

So the further away a child gets from being a child ,the innocence leaves the child.

Proving the words of Jesus as true.

So the older we humans get the more the chance that humans can bring themselves to reject God.

Clearly adults are the ones to fear.

Don't confuse innocence with underdevelopment. Would you rather the reasoning ability of a 5 year old or of a 25 year old?

5 year old if it means being approved by God :lol:

They don't. Not in the true sense of the word as applied to ancient fossils.

You can do a quick search to see many things have fossilised.

There should be plenty of fossilised bones if this earth is as old as some say.

Not to mention all transitional fossils.

Fossils - Window To The Past (Home)

Why would you think there would be a preserved fossil for every animal that ever walked the earth?

I would think there would be a transitional fossil for every major group that crossed over.

The point gould and eldredge made was there was no change at all.

Why would you think there would be a preserved fossil for every animal that ever walked the earth?

I would think there would be a transitional fossil for every major group that crossed over.

There very well may have been. But animal remains are highly organic and in most cases fossils just do not exist as the conditions were not optimal for preservation.

And unless you want to excavate every square inch of the planet it's quite possible that many existing fossils will never be found.

Probably because his arguments are based in reality as opposed to a lot of make believe.

I am getting that impression as well.

I'm no religious scholar... What does the bible say to do when you are getting beat down like a red headed step child on the internets???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure one guy will just say he is sorry. :lol:

Funny you guys seem to think and applaud someone who uses theory not proof to debate.

I am still waiting for proof that a child learns racism through evolution.

Care to tackle that question ?

Skull Pilot is totally dominating this debate.

Probably because his arguments are based in reality as opposed to a lot of make believe.

How did he dominate this debate,explain ?

Bottomline he is saying a racist is a product of evolution did you not get that ?

I said it has its roots in xenophobia which was a product of evolution. The cultural aspects of racism are different than the behavioral aspects of primitive xenophobia.

Is it impossible for you to believe that behaviors evolved just as much as physical traits?

For you it might be because you don't believe that anything evolves.

Sorry bout that

They don't. Not in the true sense of the word as applied to ancient fossils.

1. The shear odds.
2. After millions upon millions of years, something has to remain right?
3. And stop asking stoooopid questions!:lol:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

There very well may have been. But animal remains are highly organic and in most cases fossils just do not exist as the conditions were not optimal for preservation.

And unless you want to excavate every square inch of the planet it's quite possible that many existing fossils will never be found.

Ok give an evoluitionist enough rope and eventually he will hang himself.

If we open coffins up will we find remains of the buried person ?

Explain how remains of dinosaurs have been recovered all over the earth but yet not one transitional fossil connecting major groups ?

I am getting that impression as well.

I'm no religious scholar... What does the bible say to do when you are getting beat down like a red headed step child on the internets???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Funny you guys seem to think and applaud someone who uses theory not proof to debate.

I'm still waiting for your proof that god exists.

Where did I say a child learns anything through evolution? I said all behaviors are learned behaviors and all behaviors have roots in evolution.

Just as there are vestigial organs like the appendix that disappear over time there are vestigial behaviors that also change over time.

There may very well be a time in the future where there is less racism than there is today. But racism also is culturally based in human emotion and pride. You should know this.

How many primitive tribes were called savages and converted to christianity at the tip of a sword? That was naught but racism.

If our behavior and culture did not evolve then how did we come by them?

How did he dominate this debate,explain ?

Bottomline he is saying a racist is a product of evolution did you not get that ?

I said it has its roots in xenophobia which was a product of evolution. The cultural aspects of racism are different than the behavioral aspects of primitive xenophobia.

Is it impossible for you to believe that behaviors evolved just as much as physical traits?

For you it might be because you don't believe that anything evolves.

Not true ,i do believe in limited evolution.

I believe the creator gave us the ability to adapt but once we reach those limits thats it.

Do i believe we get wiser with age ,yes, of course i do ,but becoming a racist is something taught by someone who is a racist. That is the reason Jesus said we must become as a child because a child is more innocent and humble.

Becoming a racist is not from evolving.

Sorry bout that

1. The shear odds.
2. After millions upon millions of years, something has to remain right?
3. And stop asking stoooopid questions!:lol:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Learn how to spell before you call other people stupid. The word you are looking for is sheer

And has every square inch of the planet been excavated to an extent to find every fossil that may exist?

Sorry bout that,

Ok give an evoluitionist enough rope and eventually he will hang himself.

If we open coffins up will we find remains of the buried person ?

Explain how remains of dinosaurs have been recovered all over the earth but yet not one transitional fossil connecting major groups ?

1. Yeah explain away dude!
2. Check & Mate!
3. In your face's heatherns!!!!:lol:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Where did I say a child learns anything through evolution? I said all behaviors are learned behaviors and all behaviors have roots in evolution.

Just as there are vestigial organs like the appendix that disappear over time there are vestigial behaviors that also change over time.

There may very well be a time in the future where there is less racism than there is today. But racism also is culturally based in human emotion and pride. You should know this.

How many primitive tribes were called savages and converted to christianity at the tip of a sword? That was naught but racism.

Wrong again, behaviors do not have roots in evolution ,most behaviors are learned. Macro-evolution is an impossibility because of the genetics the genetics are passed on through sexual reproduction , from the parents and the parents of those parents,so when did humans and ape like creatures have the ability to sexually reproduce ?

Last edited:
I'm an agnostic, but here:

It's not a matter of what you "want to believe," because an atheists' point of view is not "I choose to believe X or Y," the atheists' point of view is that "there is not significant evidence for x or y, THAT'S why I don't believe it."

It's not so much a choice, but a rationalization of the facts as they see them.

I don't understand how anyone could say there is no God. From the tiniest details of the planet to the vastness of the universe - it is truly and utterly amazing. So beautiful. And here, Earth, the perfect set up within our solar system to sustain life. The air, the trees, the waters, the mountains, the plains, the whitest of snows, the beautiful creatures....it boggles my mind that anyone would believe it's just an accident and that we came from nothing. With or without the "proof" of seeing God Himself.

Just because the universe is vast and Earth is full of beauty does not prove there has to be a God. The points of your argument i.e. the beauty of Earth's environment and its inhabitants, actually support the belief that it is all by chance, or an "accident", as you called it, because each planet in the universe represents one possible outcome, Earth's outcome when compared to the rest of known universe is the accident because it is quite rare and is the exception in the universe not the norm. Life on Earth has managed to develop, survive, and evolve; because of favorable conditions for that life, whereas the rest of the known universe is the overriding majority and the norm, which does not produce these favorable conditions. Because the favorable conditions on Earth are so rare in comparison to the conditions in the rest of the universe it is highly possible that these favorable conditions could be due completely to chance.

Sorry bout that,

It's not a matter of what you "want to believe," because an atheists' point of view is not "I choose to believe X or Y," the atheists' point of view is that "there is not significant evidence for x or y, THAT'S why I don't believe it."

I don't understand how anyone could say there is no God. From the tiniest details of the planet to the vastness of the universe - it is truly and utterly amazing. So beautiful. And here, Earth, the perfect set up within our solar system to sustain life. The air, the trees, the waters, the mountains, the plains, the whitest of snows, the beautiful creatures....it boggles my mind that anyone would believe it's just an accident and that we came from nothing. With or without the "proof" of seeing God Himself.

Just because the universe is vast and Earth is full of beauty does not prove there has to be a God. The points of your argument i.e. the beauty of Earth's environment and its inhabitants, actually support the belief that it is all by chance, or an "accident", as you called it, because each planet in the universe represents one possible outcome, Earth's outcome when compared to the rest of known universe is the accident because it is quite rare and is the exception in the universe not the norm. Life on Earth has managed to develop, survive, and evolve; because of favorable conditions for that life, whereas the rest of the known universe is the overriding majority and the norm, which does not produce these favorable conditions. Because the favorable conditions on Earth are so rare in comparison to the conditions in the rest of the universe it is highly possible that these favorable conditions could be due completely to chance.

1. Welcome to my world newbie.
2. Its a miracle you can even scratch your nose, and talk at the same time.
3. The amount of knowledge it takes to even speak should overwhelm you.
4. Just what makes everything what it is is a miracle.
5. But science has an explanation for everything, and they think that *all* this just came about by chance.
6. Go out and take a couple of compounds and mix them in a milk jug and make a new creation.
7. See how that works of for you in *chance*.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Poor reasoning,the universe is so vast the chances would be good that if everything was a product of chance = big bang theory, there would be more planets like earth.

Wrong again, behaviors do not have roots in evolution ,most behaviors are learned. Macro-evolution is an impossibility because of the genetics the genetics are passed on through sexual reproduction , from the parents and the parents of those parents,so when did humans and ape like creatures have the ability to sexually reproduce ?

Crikey!
Where did you learn your evolutionary theory?

Sorry bout that,

1. Welcome to my world newbie.
2. Its a miracle you can even scratch your nose, and talk at the same time.
3. The amount of knowledge it takes to even speak should overwhelm you.
4. Just what makes everything what it is is a miracle.
5. But science has an explanation for everything, and they think that *all* this just came about by chance.
6. Go out and take a couple of compounds and mix them in a milk jug and make a new creation.
7. See how that works of for you in *chance*.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

1. So, are you God?
2. The miracles are getting pretty small now, aren't they, are you getting tired God?
3. Well, if you are able to tap one finger repeatedly on a keyboard then I can see no limit to what real humans can achieve.
4. Yes, the universe is a wonderful place.
5. Science has come to no solid conclusions about anything, it believes in examining possible options.
6. I made scones out of some flour, baking powder, salt, milk, butter...is that what you mean?
7. Well it must have been chance or a miracle - because I'm a rubbish cook.

Regards SirJames

Forum List

Back