What is Heaven like?

Everybody drinking and fucking on acid 24/7 in a giant waterpark and flamingos and dinosaurs and cool shit everywhere
bathroom-meme_orig.jpg
In heaven, peeing is a distant memory
Sure it is, that's why all dogs go there.
Even fucking gets old. I was married 22 years after uncountable times it does not have the same lure it used to. I guess we would do the same shit we do here just in better proprtions.

When you imagine Heaven, what do you see in your mind's eye? Is it like a white soundstage with mist and robed and harp playing people? Is it a lush garden with trees, birds and bubbling brooks? Is it earthlike or a serene state of mind?

Just like here, without all the shit.

When you imagine Heaven, what do you see in your mind's eye? Is it like a white soundstage with mist and robed and harp playing people? Is it a lush garden with trees, birds and bubbling brooks? Is it earthlike or a serene state of mind?

Just like here, without all the shit.
But isn't "the shit" the stuff that makes our mortal lives interesting and challenging? Without it, wouldn't existence get real boring real fast?

Everybody drinking and fucking on acid 24/7 in a giant waterpark and flamingos and dinosaurs and cool shit everywhere
bathroom-meme_orig.jpg
Even fucking gets old. I was married 22 years after uncountable times it does not have the same lure it used to. I guess we would do the same shit we do here just in better proprtions.
You would get tired of blasting through the universe in a giant orgy, tripping on shrooms while Motorhead blares through the cosmos?

bathroom-meme_orig.jpg
You would get tired of blasting through the universe in a giant orgy, tripping on shrooms while Motorhead blares through the cosmos?
Any normal person would tire of that.

Let me posit this: is heaven an individual experience, or is it a community experience?

I have no interest in psychedelic experiences, especially played out with a heavy metal soundtrack. Is Heaven a place of indulgence or a place of serenity? Is Heaven a place of virtue, or a place where sins are ignored?

I imagine Heaven mostly outdoors, forests, meadows, lakes, with animals of all kinds, including those you knew and loved on earth. I imagine there are buildings too, where you can do the things you used to do or always wanted to do such as play music, sports or paint.

I've heard it said that we are purified of our sinful natures in Heaven and thus understand each other, making rancor or competition unnecessary. It doesn't get boring because we can learn all the things we didn't have time for on earth.

curious...

If you die of boredom in Heaven, where do you go?

Let me posit this: is heaven an individual experience, or is it a community experience?

I have no interest in psychedelic experiences, especially played out with a heavy metal soundtrack. Is Heaven a place of indulgence or a place of serenity? Is Heaven a place of virtue, or a place where sins are ignored?
I believe it is both an individual and a community experience. Heaven is a place of virtue, you don't get in if you are into ignoring sin.

Yeah right. After a lifetime of eating ice cream, do you feel like never eating ice cream again?

Yeah right. After a lifetime of eating ice cream, do you feel like never eating ice cream again?
You would not want to stop it, but you wold also not want it 24-7.

I’d probably want it 24/7 for like, a few hundred years or so.

I’d probably want it 24/7 for like, a few hundred years or so.
Heaven would most likely be curtailed to you personaly if it exists.

It's an existence without your nervous system blocking anything out.

I always thought it would be like West Virginia

Blue ridge mountains, Shenandoah river
Life is old there, older than the trees
Younger than the mountains, blowing like a breeze

I always thought it would be like West Virginia

Blue ridge mountains, Shenandoah river
Life is old there, older than the trees
Younger than the mountains, blowing like a breeze
I can see West Virginia from my house. This isn't a Sarah Palin moment on my behalf, it's true.

I can assure you that if Heaven is like West Virginia, I'd rather be greeted at the Gates of Hell by the ghost of Richard Nixon and invited to a parcheesi tournament with him, J. Edgar Hoover and Joe McCarthy.

It is both a community and a place of individual experience. The kingdom within you exists of a multifaceted set of heavenly host to help you overcome the errors made as a carnal person/son of perdition that is passed/cast away. Those hosts within are the portions of the Son of God (that portion of you made in the image of) that help you become an overcomer. Sins are paid for right here in earth, they can be forgiven but the price is paid for sins in the flesh here, sins are not what you do to yourself in as much as what you do or say that damages or hurts another.

If you considered basking in a place of peaceful existence indulgence where there is no darkness or evil I suppose you could called it indulgence.

Forum List

Back