What is it about a college education that...........?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most people do not learn the rigorous art of rationality until they are actually taught it. Most high schools do not teach analytical thinking, it's probably against the rules in red states.

In order for one to think analytically, there must first be something in one's head about which to think analytically.

Now consider the product produced by public system, particularly in the Democrat-run cities.
Wow, think about that statement next time your red state wants to slash the education budget again and you call teachers a bunch of greedy bastards when they complain. America underfunds our education system everywhere but nowhere is it starved for funds like it is when republicans run things.

Funny how dumb a college grad is nowdays as demonstrated by many celebs and news people interviewing them live......barely know their own name

Years back when I was managing a restaurant this stressed out female server lost it and broke down in tears and looked me right in the eyes and said "I have a masters degree, I shouldn't be here". After I calmed her down and resolved the situation later that night I asked her what she had a Master's degree in.

I will never ever forgot her answer, "Gender Studies". She was thousands and thousands of dollars in debt, spent over four years to get a Master's degree--and the only job she could get is waiting tables.

Academia is a scam. It is a crime what the left has done, they have hijacked colleges for wholly political reasons at the expense of the students that are being deprived of an actual education in favor of political indoctrination.

Seriously, what can it be that when someone receives a college education from some reputable institution, no longer believes or backs folks like

Trump
Palin
Bachman
Duke
et al....

or snickers at

Global warming deniers
Universal health care opponents
Religious intolerants
Misogynists
Tacit and border-line racism

Can we "blame" it all on those left-leaning professors, textbooks publishers and peer pressures???

just like blacks
:)

Really probably for the same reason
Democrats have more millionaires in Congress than Republicans

- crony capitalism that needs to suck of the teat of gov't
really what good is a useless degree in say Black Studies
or Women Studies

unless one can get a gov;t job or grant

Most people do not learn the rigorous art of rationality until they are actually taught it. Most high schools do not teach analytical thinking, it's probably against the rules in red states.

In order for one to think analytically, there must first be something in one's head about which to think analytically.

Now consider the product produced by public system, particularly in the Democrat-run cities.
Wow, think about that statement next time your red state wants to slash the education budget again and you call teachers a bunch of greedy bastards when they complain. America underfunds our education system everywhere but nowhere is it starved for funds like it is when republicans run things.

The most well funded education systems in America are also the least performing. Sit there and proclaim that teachers are all saintly, heroic--all while Atlanta, Chicago, Detriot, LA, Baltimore systematically deprive black children of educations perpetuating poverty all while under the watchful eye of the Democrat Party.

sure
no doubt your degree in Woman Studies has worked for you
:)

right wing CBS
U.S. education spending tops global list, study shows

We tend to spend the most and
get the worse results- by Democrat standards- a success

To note
the biggest failures in public education
come from Democrat controlled cities

is one of the many reasons why Trump is rising.

Ahhha, a FOX watcher and acolyte......Congratulations.

You are clueless to what is happening on college campuses across this nation. There is a movement inspired by people like this

People are sick and tired of the speech police. Academia has produced an entire generation incapable of dealing with people with differing opinions, that have been taught that they have the moral imperative to shout down and scream at those they disagree with.

You and people like you have instituted the most intolerant, repressive environments on campus--and are utterly obvious to the coming consequences.

Funny how dumb a college grad is nowdays as demonstrated by many celebs and news people interviewing them live......barely know their own name

Years back when I was managing a restaurant this stressed out female server lost it and broke down in tears and looked me right in the eyes and said "I have a masters degree, I shouldn't be here". After I calmed her down and resolved the situation later that night I asked her what she had a Master's degree in.

I will never ever forgot her answer, "Gender Studies". She was thousands and thousands of dollars in debt, spent over four years to get a Master's degree--and the only job she could get is waiting tables.

Academia is a scam. It is a crime what the left has done, they have hijacked colleges for wholly political reasons at the expense of the students that are being deprived of an actual education in favor of political indoctrination.
I hear this kind of thing all the time from conservatives. You do know colleges also still offer business, law, medical, teaching and other supposedly useful degrees. A liberal arts degree is and always has been something a rich person takes to have an university education when they will never have to actually work. Going in debt for that stuff is a stupid move but it is hardly a representative example.

Every year more money is thrown at the system, and every year the product produced is of lesser quality.

Seriously, what can it be that when someone receives a college education from some reputable institution, no longer believes or backs folks like

Trump
Palin
Bachman
Duke
et al....

or snickers at

Global warming deniers
Religious intolerants
Misogynists

Can we "blame" it all on those left-leaning professors, textbooks publishers and peer pressures???
... blah ba blah blh blah. You can only blame yourself, silly Jackass/Dumocrat.

I hear this kind of thing all the time from conservatives. You do know colleges also still offer business, law, medical, teaching and other supposedly useful degrees. A liberal arts degree is and always has been something a rich person takes to have an university education when they will never have to actually work. Going in debt for that stuff is a stupid move but it is hardly a representative example.
Boy that was a deep thought right there......I never knew that...LLMMAAOOOO bet you're gradiated dint ya

What the hell is it with the radical left these days? Now it's global warming and a college education? According to former radical turned conservative, David Horowitz, every high profile conservative speaker has been a victim of assault sometime or several times in their careers after being invited to speak on a college campus. Colleges and universities have drifted so far towards Orwellian dogma that they established a list of words that cannot be spoken on campus under threat of dismissal from school. Under decades of liberalism, institutes of higher learning have gone from open forums for sharing ideas and opinions to closed societies with big brother always watching for violations of speech or thought. Instead of arguing about the theory (and it's still a theory) of man made global warming, the elitist demagogues merely brand detractors as "deniers" and continue to spew left wing propaganda.

Trump
Palin
Bachman
Duke
et al....

or snickers at

Global warming deniers
Religious intolerants
Misogynists

The average Degree in my Town is a PhD and over 90% are voting for Trump.

Every year more money is thrown at the system, and every year the product produced is of lesser quality.
I hear you people complaining but I am not hearing any solutions except to perhaps underfund education even more than it is. In the meantime take a look at for-profit higher education that conservatives were sure would be the answer to "liberal indoctrination" in our public institutions.

Political environmentalists have literally been making the same doomsday predictions since the 60's.

“civilization will end within 15 or 30 years unless immediate action is taken against problems facing mankind.” - 1972

“Most of the people who are going to die in the greatest cataclysm in the history of man have already been born,” wrote Paul Ehrlich in a 1969 essay titled “Eco-Catastrophe! “By…[1975] some experts feel that food shortages will have escalated the present level of world hunger and starvation into famines of unbelievable proportions. Other experts, more optimistic, think the ultimate food-population collision will not occur until the decade of the 1980s.”

Ehrlich sketched out his most alarmist scenario for the 1970 Earth Day issue of The Progressive, assuring readers that between 1980 and 1989, some 4 billion people, including 65 million Americans, would perish in the “Great Die-Off.”

“It is already too late to avoid mass starvation,” declared Denis Hayes, the chief organizer for Earth Day, in the Spring 1970 issue of The Living Wilderness.

Peter Gunter, a North Texas State University professor, wrote in 1970, “Demographers agree almost unanimously on the following grim timetable: by 1975 widespread famines will begin in India; these will spread by 1990 to include all of India, Pakistan, China and the Near East, Africa. By the year 2000, or conceivably sooner, South and Central America will exist under famine conditions….By the year 2000, thirty years from now, the entire world, with the exception of Western Europe, North America, and Australia, will be in famine.”

It is the same, the world is ending, the sky is falling, doomsday predictions. Doomsday predictions aren't new, and they are always motivated for some political or monetary endgame.

Trump
Palin
Bachman
Duke
et al....

or snickers at

Global warming deniers
Religious intolerants
Misogynists

I have a college education, and then some. And then some more.

I snicker at you and those like-minded. I snicker a lot.

Like you, I have a college education, then one more, and one more beyond that. My wife has a college education, one more, then one more, and is working on another one. Both of us, like you, laugh at people like nat4900. Additionally, unlike nat4900 believes, we paid for all of them ourself and are now investing in our children's eduction.

People like nat4900 believe so much in education that they're willing to force someone other than the kid's parents to fund it for the kid.

I hear you people complaining but I am not hearing any solutions except to perhaps underfund education even more than it is. In the meantime take a look at for-profit higher education that conservatives were sure would be the answer to "liberal indoctrination" in our public institutions.

I have a solution when it comes to college. Do like my wife and I did with ours. I have three degrees, she has three and is working on #4, a DNP (Doctor of Nursing Practice). They were either funded from out of pocket or through EARNED scholarships in academics and athletics. We currently invest in OUR children and their college education. That means were funding it because we or our children are the ones getting it. My solution is for others to do the same.

When I offer that solution, Liberals often say that I hate education. Apparently they make that claim because I don't believe it's my place to fund college for a kid whose own parents won't do it for him/her. Their kid is not my responsibility when it comes to college nor is mine their responsibility.

The "Watters World" interviews of drunken spoiled college kids during spring break indicates that they are mostly ignorant of U.S. history and current events. Kids in the 19th century who were fortunate enough to attend college were better educated than the crop of college kids today who for the most part receive an extension of "condom on a cucumber" High School junk education. It should be noted that the radical left reserves the right to humiliate the successful college educated Black people who escape the democrat party propaganda plantation like Clarence Thomas and Dr. Condie Rice.

true
it seems the spending benefits the employees more than the students

School vouchers would help
But even Papa Obama denied more poor black kids from being able to go to the same school
as his daughters by closing out the voucher system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back