🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What Is The Biggest Drawback Of Atheism?

The biggest drawback to atheism is what if they are wrong. I have nothing to lose if I am wrong and atheist are correct. But what if I am right and they are wrong?
Believe in Jesus as your personal savior, Trust in him, do the work of God, follow not the world. Do no harm to other's
yes---you are so worried and obsessed your WHOLE life thinking there is a sky fairy
you are living a FAKE life
o MY--I SINNED!!!!!!!! will I go to HELL??/etc ...
there is no drawback to being an atheist--plain and simple
so if we are wrong we will be PUNISHED???!!! = hahahahhahahahahhahahahhaah
ridiculous
Why are you so bitter? I'm not the one that is trying to convince anyone they are wrong
Maybe you are right there is no God I'm not trying to push the religion of atheism on anyone. I'm not ridiculing you or anyone else. If I'm wrong I can say I lived a good life stood up for what I believed in and no one was harmed. But if I'm right you're going to burn in hell.
bitter???!!!!!!!gahaghhahahahahahhaha
there is nothing about bitterness there = you are making crap up/obsessed/etc
I'm going to hell???!! another hahahhahahahahha
why am I going to hell??
SINCE NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO BELIEVE WHY THE OUTSPOKENESS ? iT SOUNDS LIKE BITTERNESS TO ME.
hahahhahahahahahahhaha
this is a DISCUSSION FORUM
DUH

The biggest drawback to atheism is what if they are wrong. I have nothing to lose if I am wrong and atheist are correct. But what if I am right and they are wrong?
Believe in Jesus as your personal savior, Trust in him, do the work of God, follow not the world. Do no harm to other's
yes---you are so worried and obsessed your WHOLE life thinking there is a sky fairy
ridiculous
Why are you so bitter? I'm not the one that is trying to convince anyone they are wrong
Maybe you are right there is no God I'm not trying to push the religion of atheism on anyone. I'm not ridiculing you or anyone else. If I'm wrong I can say I lived a good life stood up for what I believed in and no one was harmed. But if I'm right you're going to burn in hell.
why am I going to hell??
SINCE NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO BELIEVE WHY THE OUTSPOKENESS ? iT SOUNDS LIKE BITTERNESS TO ME.
....no-no--there is no indication/etc about bitterness--you are IMAGINING it because you have wrong, PRECONCEIVED ideas
bullshit--your posting bullshit

Yes. Worthless. You have no value to offer yourself. You will always be dissatisfied. You have no value outside of what you do for others.

Yes. These are Christian concepts but they work for anybody. Try it today. Name a person in your head and do something great for them. If you aren't very creative then give a random person $20. Then see how the rest of your day goes.
1 Timothy:
money is the root of all evil
!!!!!!!
Actually it's the love of money
money is the root of all evil:
if no money - no evil
you can't have the love of money WITHOUT the money
hahahahahahhahaah
Bible Gateway passage: 1 Timothy 6:10 - King James Version
No you can have money and not love it
without money how would the lazy ass leftist get assistance?
without money you can't love it = money is the ROOT
Dude the verse is If money was evil why would God require 10% of all you have?
1 Timothy 6:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through

ridiculous
why am I going to hell??
....no-no--there is no indication/etc about bitterness--you are IMAGINING it because you have wrong, PRECONCEIVED ideas
THOU PROTEST TO MUCH.

1 Timothy:
money is the root of all evil
!!!!!!!
Actually it's the love of money
money is the root of all evil:
if no money - no evil
you can't have the love of money WITHOUT the money
hahahahahahhahaah
Bible Gateway passage: 1 Timothy 6:10 - King James Version
No you can have money and not love it
without money how would the lazy ass leftist get assistance?
without money you can't love it = money is the ROOT
Dude the verse is If money was evil why would God require 10% of all you have?
1 Timothy 6:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through
the bible is bullshit anyway--written by humans--like the MSM = bullshit

ridiculous
why am I going to hell??
THOU PROTEST TO MUCH.
YOU are the bitter one

ridiculous
why am I going to hell??
hahahhahahahahahahhaha
this is a DISCUSSION FORUM
DUH
Sure it is, but you require proof on a discussion board how does that work?

We've been searching for evidence for millennia. I'm thinking if he/she were there we'da found something.

Really? Based upon what would you think that?
If there's evidence out there the longer you look the more likely you are to find it, or just stumble across it when you aren't even looking for that matter.

Comparing the size of the planet to the universe and the time we have been looking to the age of the universe, I would have to say that, for practical purposes, we haven't even begun to look. It's all unsupported assumptions applied to blind guesses. The reality is that even if we did find something we almost certainly wouldn't know it because we don't even have a clue what it is we are looking for. It's ALL myth, so pick the one that makes you happy.
^this^ is all self reinforcing sophistry.

View attachment 281698

How so? What specifically did I say that is wrong?
In a nutshell you said "we haven't looked hard enough yet". You can continue to say that till the end of time.

Really? Based upon what would you think that?
If there's evidence out there the longer you look the more likely you are to find it, or just stumble across it when you aren't even looking for that matter.

Comparing the size of the planet to the universe and the time we have been looking to the age of the universe, I would have to say that, for practical purposes, we haven't even begun to look. It's all unsupported assumptions applied to blind guesses. The reality is that even if we did find something we almost certainly wouldn't know it because we don't even have a clue what it is we are looking for. It's ALL myth, so pick the one that makes you happy.
^this^ is all self reinforcing sophistry.

View attachment 281698

How so? What specifically did I say that is wrong?
In a nutshell you said "we haven't looked hard enough yet". You can continue to say that till the end of time.

No. I have said that we haven't really begun to look. There may or may not be a god, but I'm pretty sure we aren't it. So let's not presume our own perfection of knowledge.

If you are right and they are, GOD will forgive them because he is a forgiving GOD, right? I mean, as long as they've been good people and all...

There is no Christian doctrine that teaches that.
But what if I am right and they are wrong?

If you are right and they are, GOD will forgive them because he is a forgiving GOD, right? I mean, as long as they've been good people and all...

Believe in Jesus as your personal savior, Trust in him, do the work of God, follow not the world.

there is far more to lose in the above belief than to have lived a good life without it.

Do atheists believe the following:

THE POWER OF GOOD IS ALWAYS GREATER THAN THE POWER OF EVIL?

This doesn't mean that evil does not happen. It means good will triumph over evil in the long run or at the end of the world.
My world ends when I do, so I guess I'll find out.

What about while you are living? Does good triumph over evil, i.e. it is more powerful? It does not mean that evil doesn't win or good wins all the time. We know that's not true.
Usually, not always though. What's your point?

That Jesus will defeat Satan and his living dead, i.e. zombies. This will have to happen for the believers to go to heaven.
Zombies are biblical now?

ridiculous
If I'm wrong I can say I lived a good life stood up for what I believed in and no one was harmed.

your false religion is not benign, there is no time in recorded history christianity has not been responsible for the persecution and victimization of the innocent. referencing the religion of antiquity as an alternative is not sufficient in of itself.

But what if I am right and they are wrong?

Believe in Jesus as your personal savior, Trust in him, do the work of God, follow not the world.

there is far more to lose in the above belief than to have lived a good life without it.
really far more to lose? lol

Do atheists believe the following:

THE POWER OF GOOD IS ALWAYS GREATER THAN THE POWER OF EVIL?

This doesn't mean that evil does not happen. It means good will triumph over evil in the long run or at the end of the world.
My world ends when I do, so I guess I'll find out.

What about while you are living? Does good triumph over evil, i.e. it is more powerful? It does not mean that evil doesn't win or good wins all the time. We know that's not true.
Usually, not always though. What's your point?

That Jesus will defeat Satan and his living dead, i.e. zombies. This will have to happen for the believers to go to heaven.
Zombies are biblical now?

Jesus died and then came back to life. That's a zombie.

ridiculous
If I'm wrong I can say I lived a good life stood up for what I believed in and no one was harmed.

your false religion is not benign, there is no time in recorded history christianity has not been responsible for the persecution and victimization of the innocent. referencing the religion of antiquity as an alternative is not sufficient in of itself.
False religion? no one is forcing you to believe As I said if I'm wrong no one is hurt but if I'm right you are going to burn in hell for rejecting Gods Gift.

why am I going to hell??
THOU PROTEST TO MUCH.
YOU are the bitter one
Really? there is no bitterness on my part. I'm not the one trying to get the other one to reject their religion

are you the only conservative who thinks nuking 2 japanese cities was the WRONG thing to do?

Haha. Good one. Nuking two cities didn't end the war with Japan. The Russians ended that war by showing up at Japan's doorstep. What I meant with Oppenheimer is he probably thought he was all powerful like God and could cause massive deaths.

In regards to weapons of mass destruction, the Christians would go to war over it and Israel b/c of the prophecy.

I see.

So unlike all the OTHER conservatives who think that nukes are wonderful and nuking 2 cities of civilians was fun you ....you......

you what?

you equated an atheist with nukes as though nukes were bad and obviously something an atheist would develop yet christians had no problem actually USING those nukes.

and....

is it really fair to blame the ATHEIST for creating nukes when it was the CHRISTIANS who told him to do it?

and gave him the money?

seems to me that the atheist was merely guilty of doing his job while it is the christians who wanted the nuke.......

Forum List

Back