What is the facination/obsession over Talor Swift?

My granddaughter wanted to see her when she came to KC a few weeks back so I looked up tickets. Cheapest I could find were 1500.00

A literal wtf moment.
lololololololololol taylor swift appeals to her demographic for exactly the same reasons that trump appeals to his own cult.

It waxes and wanes.

The 70s was a golden era. I thought the 80s were great cause I was a teen then, but really, it was just okay. Another renaissance of sorts in the 90s. And then some real bright spots in the 21st century.

It's hard not to lose touch when we get older. We want to listen to what we like, and then to keep current, have to make time and room to listen to new stuff too. I do so due to the nature of my job, but it does take time.
I'm 33 and hate today's popular music.

No one can touch Sinatra. A legend.

The Beatles are overrated. They were a great band. Not better than other great bands, though.

Taylor Swift commands the same attention the Beatles did in the 60s and Michael Jackson and Madonna did in the 80s. Some here just don't like it cause....well, they're old. Sorry.
"The Beatles are overrated. They were a great band. Not better than other great bands, though"

So what is it, great or overrated?

My guess is that people who have been fans since her beginning have remained loyal and of course as time as went on, more people became fans due to one song or another. They may not even be a fan of her because of her music. They may be a fan of her because of the kind of person that she is. Everybody has their reasons for why they like something or someone and why they don't like something or someone.

God bless you and Taylor and the Taylor Nation always!!!

Holly

Here's a babe with a squeeky voice but with amps the size of school buses as well as electronic gadgets and a hollywood stage presence she makes more money than Ford's electric cars. Her popularity is something like the "cabbage patch dolls" years ago. Everyone had to have one for Christmas and it didn't matter what they had to pay. Pop culture gone mad. Stay home and buy the CD.

Here's a babe with a squeeky voice but with amps the size of school buses as well as electronic gadgets and a hollywood stage presence she makes more money than Ford's electric cars. Her popularity is something like the "cabbage patch dolls" years ago. Everyone had to have one for Christmas and it didn't matter what they had to pay. Pop culture gone mad. Stay home and buy the CD.
No thanks, I prefer listening to 60's, 70's and 80's music.

Yeah I tried to buy tickets when she was playing in Pennsylvania. She sold out at Ticketmaster right away, and then tickets were priced for thousands of dollars

Yeah I tried to buy tickets when she was playing in Pennsylvania. She sold out at Ticketmaster right away, and then tickets were priced for thousands of dollars
Are you tone deaf?

No one can touch Sinatra. A legend.

The Beatles are overrated. They were a great band. Not better than other great bands, though.

Taylor Swift commands the same attention the Beatles did in the 60s and Michael Jackson and Madonna did in the 80s. Some here just don't like it cause....well, they're old. Sorry.

No, the Beatles are not over rated. They WERE the trend setters for years. Sgt Pepper is constantly listed BY MUSICIANS, as one of the most influential, and inspiring albums of all time.

No, the Beatles are not over rated. They WERE the trend setters for years. Sgt Pepper is constantly listed BY MUSICIANS, as one of the most influential, and inspiring albums of all time.
I liked their Rubber Soul album better than Sgt Pepper.

Today's entertainers don't compare to the ones 20 years ago. Popular music has been dumbed down and I don't bother listening to it.

Every generation complains about the next generation's music. My grandparents' generation was aghast at Elvis shaking his pelvis.

Forum List

Back