What is the general time limit on a rescue? Benghazi?

simple question libs
how was it decided there was not enough time on an event that was ongoing for a rescue?
nothing to see here?
you people should care more about others being murdered while we sit and done nothing before and during
My issue with this admin has allways been there total lack of leadeship and there non stop effort to destroy and not to build
The simple truth is an event that is gone
it is not personal

Well since this consulate was already attacked on two previous occasions--one would think it would have been less than the 7-1/2 hours as reported.

If it was attacked on 2 other occasions, and there was talk that there could be an attack on the 9/11 anniversary, that would make one think that our govt would have put more security in there, or sent them all home like other embassy's did. But they didn't....why?

What is the time limit?

I guess it would depend on a number of factors

How many hostages are there?
How many captors are there?
What arms do the captors have?
Are they supported by the government?
How many rescuers do I need?
How many are available?
Do I have sufficient logistics support?
How long will it take to get there and back?

Answer these questions and I will let you know if a coordinated rescue with a high probability of success can be attempted

The Navy seal does not care
The Army Ranger does not care
Official: US Special Forces team wasn't allowed to fly to Benghazi during attack - Open Channel
Benghazi hearing: U.S. military assets were told to stand down - CNN.com

does that answer your question? THOSE MEN train for this. It is there entire reason for living at that point and time in there life

We tried to ask these questions of Bush, like why he ignored the Aug 6 memo, why no fighter jets were available to at least engage the hijacked planes, why, on Bush's okay, members of the Bin Laden family were among the only humans allowed to fly out of the country. Over 3,000 Americans died. Why not at least question the Bin Laden family? instead, we got stonewalled.

We also asked for a better account of why such obviously suspect intelligence was used to invade Iraq where over 4,000 Americans were slaughtered. We got stonewalled. Over 7,000 people are now dead, and we have no answers about the terrible mistakes made.

We did learn something, though. People always tend to defend their party regardless of body count. After Bush, it is comical to see people attacking Obama for events that are infinitely smaller in size.

I'm glad that after Benghazi Obama didn't play into terrorism rhetoric of the right, who can't stop desecrating the dead by using terrorism politically. I felt disgust over the 100s of campaign commercials with Bin Laden's face and mushroom clouds. Has the Right no shame? They used one of the greatest tragedies in American history just to win elections. Fucking pathetic.

!) what memo stated on 9-11-2001 that 19 highly motivated terrorist with box cutters would fly out of the airports they flew from, atack the Pilots, Kill them with box cutters, and then fly the planes into the world trade center @ about 0900?
and when they did, we did respond

Body count?
those same mother fuckers that caused the body counts in Iraq and Afgahn and the WTC
are the same who caused the ones to die in Benghazi
you Libs just do not get it
no terrorist
no body count

simple question libs
how was it decided there was not enough time on an event that was ongoing for a rescue?
nothing to see here?
you people should care more about others being murdered while we sit and done nothing before and during
My issue with this admin has allways been there total lack of leadeship and there non stop effort to destroy and not to build
The simple truth is an event that is gone
it is not personal

Well since this consulate was already attacked on two previous occasions--one would think it would have been less than the 7-1/2 hours as reported.

If it was attacked on 2 other occasions, and there was talk that there could be an attack on the 9/11 anniversary, that would make one think that our govt would have put more security in there, or sent them all home like other embassy's did. But they didn't....why?

Who was it that had the final say on where the Ambassador traveled that day?

What is the time limit?

How many are available?

Answer these questions and I will let you know if a coordinated rescue with a high probability of success can be attempted

Official: US Special Forces team wasn't allowed to fly to Benghazi during attack - Open Channel

does that answer your question? THOSE MEN train for this. It is there entire reason for living at that point and time in there life

It was several Rebublican Senators who used the "Stand Down" talking point order, not Hicks.

The first response team arrived in Benghazi at 1:15 in the morning and didn't arrive at the Annex until 3 AM. The second response team was going to Benghazi to secure the airport for the evacuation of the Annex personal. They were told to stay and help in Tripoli.

What is the time limit?

How many are available?

Yup

And how did conservatives respond to Jimmy Carter when his rescue mission failed?

Sending SEALS and Rangers to their deaths due to poor planning does not make for good policy

What is the time limit?

How many are available?

Yup

And how did conservatives respond to Jimmy Carter when his rescue mission failed?

Sending SEALS and Rangers to their deaths due to poor planning does not make for good policy

Good point, ol Carter only had months and months to plan

Lets also not forget about George Armstrong Custer! I blame booooosh

Geez

what does any of that have to do with one simple question:
how did whom ever it was thtat decided not to go in and rescue those people (notice another question not answered), decided it?
is there some magic here we need to know about?

Why do you not read up on the subject instead of asking people on a message board.

We call this freedom of speech
not sure if you Libs undertsand the concept unless of course it has to do with hate and generally events that never took place

Simple question that many of us want to know the answer
How is it decided that 4 Americans have run out of time to be rescued?
the captain that the seals rescued from the mogadishu somalia pirates, took days
no time limit there as I can see

The questions were answered in the articles concerning the incident and the investigation.

Who was it that had the final say on where the Ambassador traveled that day?

another un answered question

Yup

Geez

Navy seals spend 7-24s planning for these events
The event in Iran occured as I recall with an equipment failure
Sending Navy seals into an event as this was is exactly what they are trained to do
helo -in
kill every-one who gets in there way
remove those who need removing
helo out
it is what they do

leaving 4 people that work for you in a place under attack is good policy?
Not protectiong them from the start?

Why do you not read up on the subject instead of asking people on a message board.

We call this freedom of speech
not sure if you Libs undertsand the concept unless of course it has to do with hate and generally events that never took place

Simple question that many of us want to know the answer
How is it decided that 4 Americans have run out of time to be rescued?
the captain that the seals rescued from the mogadishu somalia pirates, took days
no time limit there as I can see

The questions were answered in the articles concerning the incident and the investigation.

Save me some time then
I am having trouble finding the persons name who decided to tell Susan Rice ti lie
I am having trouble finding the reason Hillary or BHO did not take charge of that event and as to why BHO to this day has not told us why there was no extra support there.
Am Having trouble finding the reason the special forces were told to stand down

The deputy of slain U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens has told congressional investigators that a team of Special Forces prepared to fly from Tripoli to Benghazi during the Sept. 11, 2012 attacks was forbidden from doing so by U.S. Special Operations Command Africa.

Play Video

U.S. diplomat contradicts White House on Benghazi

The account from Gregory Hicks is in stark contrast to assertions from the Obama administration, which insisted that nobody was ever told to stand down and that all available resources were utilized. Hicks gave private testimony to congressional investigators last month in advance of his upcoming appearance at a congressional hearing Wednesday.

According to excerpts released Monday, Hicks told investigators that SOCAFRICA commander Lt. Col. Gibson and his team were on their way to board a C-130 from Tripoli for Benghazi prior to an attack on a second U.S. compound "when [Col. Gibson] got a phone call from SOCAFRICA which said, 'you can't go now, you don't have the authority to go now.' And so they missed the flight ... They were told not to board the flight, so they missed it."
Diplomat: U.S. Special Forces told "you can't go" to Benghazi during attacks - CBS News

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...1-X1nishE5ZPHGK7iODa1Hg&bvm=bv.47008514,d.cGE

· We do not know whether the President was made aware of the classified cable that, according to published media reports, Ambassador Chris Stevens sent in August 2012, stating that the U.S. Mission in Benghazi could not survive a sustained assault from one or more of the threatening militia groups that were operating in eastern Libya.

· We do not know whether the President’s national security staff made him aware of the attacks on the U.S. Mission in Benghazi that occurred in April and June of last year and the assassination attempt on the British Ambassador in Benghazi around the same time.

· If the President was informed, we do not know what actions, if any, he ordered.

· We do not know who within U.S. Special Operations Command, Africa ordered a U.S. special forces detachment in Tripoli not to go to Benghazi to assist the Americans under attack, and why that “stand down” order was given, as the former Deputy Chief of Mission in Tripoli, Gregory Hicks, testified to Congress.
more

Yup

Geez

Operation Eagle Claw was planned by the military not the President, although he did take full responsiblity when it failed. At least they had the guts to try!

The Guts To Try ? Operation Eagle Claw, 1980 | Rubber-Band Powered Blog

Yup

Geez

Operation Eagle Claw was planned by the military not the President, although he did take full responsiblity when it failed. At least they had the guts to try!

The Guts To Try ? Operation Eagle Claw, 1980 | Rubber-Band Powered Blog

i agree

Forum List

Back