🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What is the most destructive Conservative policy in the US today?

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
I'll try a companion thread to the one on liberal policies.

My response to that thread was "The worst liberal policy is the same it's always been: Lowering standards & expectations for groups it decides are oppressed, and in turn enabling that group's worst behaviors, hurting them and the country in the future."

For this thread, I'd say: The worst conservative policy is their absolute refusal to admit and accept the fact that, in any given socioeconomic system, there will be people who function better within it, and those who function worse within it. And those people are being left behind, FAR behind, with this absolutist anti-government madness that began when the Right took Reagan's "government is the problem" speech tag line as literal gospel.

The hardcore Left has wrecked our culture; the hardcore Right has wrecked our socioeconomics. A pox on both houses.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Their go along to get along with the Troglocrats policy.
The Left Wingers are a threat to our democracy*.
The Reps. have been too timid.

My response to that thread was "The worst liberal policy is the same it's always been: Lowering standards & expectations for groups it decides are oppressed, and in turn enabling that group's worst behaviors, hurting them and the country in the future."

For this thread, I'd say: The worst conservative policy is their absolute refusal to admit and accept the fact that, in any given socioeconomic system, there will be people who function better within it, and those who function worse within it. And those people are being left behind, FAR behind, with this absolutist anti-government madness that began when the Right took Reagan's "government is the problem" speech tag line as literal gospel.

The hardcore Left wrecked our culture; the hardcore Right has wrecked our socioeconomics. A pox on both houses.

Any thoughts?

A total and complete departure from the constitution, the rule of law and regular order.
At it's wost with McConnell.

The idea that a SCOTUS seat should be refused for an entire year is anathema to the constitutional norms underpinning our democracy. Complete disregard by the administration for the oversight authority of the congress is another.

Republicans have shown time and again that they have no desire or ability to govern within the prescribed lanes.

The hardcore Left wrecked our culture; the hardcore Right has wrecked our socioeconomics. A pox on both houses.

Any thoughts?
well the question then becomes if the vast majority are functioning fine within it, what are you advocating should be changed to help those who are not? i've never met a conservative who refused to help someone in need. never.

but i've met a lot of people who get tired of helping people who never seem to learn nor help themselves.

The hardcore Left has wrecked our culture; the hardcore Right has wrecked our socioeconomics. A pox on both houses.

Any thoughts?
That's a ridiculous strawman argument.

Any thoughts?
well the question then becomes if the vast majority are functioning fine within it, what are you advocating should be changed to help those who are not? i've never met a conservative who refused to help someone in need. never.

but i've met a lot of people who get tired of helping people who never seem to learn nor help themselves.
To steal a line from another poster a while back, you could consider it social insurance against electoral revolution.

These people vote, and the angrier they get, the bigger the eventual changes. So unless and until that right is taken away, this is the reality.

Any thoughts?
That's a ridiculous strawman argument.
So any answers to the question?

Any thoughts?

Deficit spending in a booming economy.

Any thoughts?

Deficit spending in a booming economy.
A mortgage is deficit spending.
Your paycheck is deficit spending.

Any thoughts?

A total and complete departure from the constitution, the rule of law and regular order.
At it's wost with McConnell.

The idea that a SCOTUS seat should be refused for an entire year is anathema to the constitutional norms underpinning our democracy. Complete disregard by the administration for the oversight authority of the congress is another.

You really should read the thing at least once before commenting.

Any thoughts?

Perhaps the greatest failure of the American Political Right, a fatal flame-out spanning seven plus decades, is/was its collective nonchalance in believing it could fight back the tide of the Leftist culture war with minimal effort i.e. its belief that the American People would inherently choose to do the right thing, and perhaps its assumption the ideological domination of nearly every last institute of higher learning by Marxist/ postmodernist inspired philosophies wasn't so big of a deal. The problem: at our psychological core we all are little more than children who when offered the chance to defy our parents without repercussion or serious punishment will almost always do just that. Thus the deception of radical Leftism which tempts our populace with such opportunities of defiance of ancient tradition has made countless miles of cultural change inroads without much resistance from any level or sector of our civilization.

Any thoughts?

Perhaps the greatest failure of the American Political Right, a fatal flame-out spanning seven plus decades, is/was its collective nonchalance in believing it could fight back the tide of the Leftist culture war with minimal effort i.e. its belief that the American People would inherently choose to do the right thing, and perhaps its assumption the ideological domination of nearly every last institute of higher learning by Marxist/ postmodernist inspired philosophies wasn't so big of a deal. The problem: at our psychological core we all are little more than children who when offered the chance to defy our parents without repercussion or serious punishment will almost always do just that. Thus the deception of radical Leftism which tempts our populace with such opportunities of defiance of ancient tradition has made countless miles of cultural change inroads without much resistance from any level or sector of our civilization.
If Marx is correct, unbridled Capitalism will lead to Communism.

Forum List

Back