🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What is the most destructive Conservative policy in the US today?

I'll try a companion thread to the one on liberal policies.

My response to that thread was "The worst liberal policy is the same it's always been: Lowering standards & expectations for groups it decides are oppressed, and in turn enabling that group's worst behaviors, hurting them and the country in the future."

For this thread, I'd say: The worst conservative policy is their absolute refusal to admit and accept the fact that, in any given socioeconomic system, there will be people who function better within it, and those who function worse within it. And those people are being left behind, FAR behind, with this absolutist anti-government madness that began when the Right took Reagan's "government is the problem" speech tag line as literal gospel.

People who are falling behind need to run faster.

Perhaps the greatest failure of the American Political Right, a fatal flame-out spanning seven plus decades, is/was its collective nonchalance in believing it could fight back the tide of the Leftist culture war with minimal effort i.e. its belief that the American People would inherently choose to do the right thing, and perhaps its assumption the ideological domination of nearly every last institute of higher learning by Marxist/ postmodernist inspired philosophies wasn't so big of a deal. The problem: at our psychological core we all are little more than children who when offered the chance to defy our parents without repercussion or serious punishment will almost always do just that. Thus the deception of radical Leftism which tempts our populace with such opportunities of defiance of ancient tradition has made countless miles of cultural change inroads without much resistance from any level or sector of our civilization.
I would definitely agree that the Right has done a horrible job in stopping what the Left has done to the culture. I'd put that as #2.

Mocking and calling people names doesn't change hearts & minds. The Left learned that with the election of Trump.

Wait. Strike that. They SHOULD have learned. Obviously they didn't.

My response to that thread was "The worst liberal policy is the same it's always been: Lowering standards & expectations for groups it decides are oppressed, and in turn enabling that group's worst behaviors, hurting them and the country in the future."

For this thread, I'd say: The worst conservative policy is their absolute refusal to admit and accept the fact that, in any given socioeconomic system, there will be people who function better within it, and those who function worse within it. And those people are being left behind, FAR behind, with this absolutist anti-government madness that began when the Right took Reagan's "government is the problem" speech tag line as literal gospel.

The hardcore Left has wrecked our culture; the hardcore Right has wrecked our socioeconomics. A pox on both houses.

Any thoughts?

Perhaps the greatest failure of the American Political Right, a fatal flame-out spanning seven plus decades, is/was its collective nonchalance in believing it could fight back the tide of the Leftist culture war with minimal effort i.e. its belief that the American People would inherently choose to do the right thing, and perhaps its assumption the ideological domination of nearly every last institute of higher learning by Marxist/ postmodernist inspired philosophies wasn't so big of a deal. The problem: at our psychological core we all are little more than children who when offered the chance to defy our parents without repercussion or serious punishment will almost always do just that. Thus the deception of radical Leftism which tempts our populace with such opportunities of defiance of ancient tradition has made countless miles of cultural change inroads without much resistance from any level or sector of our civilization.
If Marx is correct, unbridled Capitalism will lead to Communism.

Perhaps, but transition to Communism will not so much be a choice of the people, more like a casual robbery of their freedom at gunpoint.

The hardcore Left has wrecked our culture; the hardcore Right has wrecked our socioeconomics. A pox on both houses.

Any thoughts?

Perhaps, but transition to Communism will not so much be a choice of the people, more like a casual robbery of their freedom at gunpoint.
And that is the genius of the 2nd Amendment.

Any thoughts?
Their complete and total disregard for law and constitutionality when it suites their agenda.

Mocking and calling people names doesn't change hearts & minds. The Left learned that with the election of Trump.
Uh...what? Trump.doing that is a big part of what got him elected...
Trump's win was The Great Pushback from decades of that. It was a reaction, a primal scream.

The hardcore Left wrecked our culture; the hardcore Right has wrecked our socioeconomics. A pox on both houses.

Any thoughts?

A total and complete departure from the constitution, the rule of law and regular order.
At it's wost with McConnell.

The idea that a SCOTUS seat should be refused for an entire year is anathema to the constitutional norms underpinning our democracy. Complete disregard by the administration for the oversight authority of the congress is another.

You really should read the thing at least once before commenting.

What's your point?

A mortgage is deficit spending.

A mortgage is a capital investment.

With a mortgage the amount of debt gets smaller every month, with deficit spending it would be getting larger every month.

Your paycheck is deficit spending.

My paycheck is certainly not deficit spending, my boss does not accrue debt to pay me my salary, that is just sort of a stupid statement. on my end it is not deficit spending as more than 20% of it goes into some sort of investment/savings.

Deficit spending is when spending exceed income. This is not really a hard concept.[/quote]

Any thoughts?
Their complete and total disregard for law and constitutionality when it suites their agenda.
Not true; both parties pass laws to carry their agendas.
It’s not possible to keep up with the thousands of pages of legislation they vote on.

Any thoughts?

Marx is not correct.

A mortgage is deficit spending.

A mortgage is a capital investment.

With a mortgage the amount of debt gets smaller every month, with deficit spending it would be getting larger every month.

Your paycheck is deficit spending.

My paycheck is certainly not deficit spending, my boss does not accrue debt to pay me my salary, that is just sort of a stupid statement. on my end it is not deficit spending as more than 20% of it goes into some sort of investment/savings.

Deficit spending is when spending exceed income. This is not really a hard concept.
[/QUOTE]
Yes, yes, we’re all familiar with Accounting “Rules”, which are artificially intended to cover up spending money one does not have.
I’m talking reality.

Any thoughts?

Marx is not correct.
Marx is correct in regards to most nations.
South of the Border as a prime example.

Yes, yes, we’re all familiar with Accounting “Rules”, which are artificially intended to cover up spending money one does not have.
I’m talking reality.

I am talking reality as well. If my debt gets smaller each month, then I am not engaged in deficit spending. Why is this such a hard concept for you?

You must have a shit ton of debt if you think the only way to live is via spending more money than you make, perhaps that is also why you are so bitter.

I’m talking reality.

I am talking reality as well. If my debt gets smaller each month, then I am not engaged in deficit spending. Why is this such a hard concept for you?

You must have a shit ton of debt if you think the only way to live is via spending more money than you make, perhaps that is also why you are so bitter.
Zero debt (thankfully).
When I bought my house, I created debt.
When many kids go to college, they create debt.
Few businesses are not in a debt cycle.

Accounting “Laws” are artificial concepts meant to create the illusion of success.

One of the biggest lies ever told is money buys happiness. Happiness comes from within. The second is government can cure ones woes.
Third biggest lie is conservatives don’t want to help those that truly can’t help themselves.

Any thoughts?

One of the biggest lies ever told is money buys happiness. Happiness comes from within. The second is government can cure ones woes.
Third biggest lie is conservatives don’t want to help those that truly can’t help themselves.

Any thoughts?
Are we talking Conservatives or neo-Cons?

Any thoughts?
Getting rid of the idiots who constantly lower the standards for pet groups will inherently fix the problem of those who cannot function within a free society.

Government may not be the problem (it is) but it sure as hell is NOT the solution (see Homer Simpson)

Forum List

Back