🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What is the most destructive Conservative policy in the US today?

The conservative view of....I got mine, screw everyone else
Not unlike the liberal view that you worked harder than me and have more now give it to me
Funny thing about that I got mine; get your own bromide: whether a conservative gets his own, he does not prohibit others from getting theirs.

Yeah....the funny thing about that is there was a time when your elders had theirs and they didn't make it harder for you to get yours.

Get it?

I'll try a companion thread to the one on liberal policies.

My response to that thread was "The worst liberal policy is the same it's always been: Lowering standards & expectations for groups it decides are oppressed, and in turn enabling that group's worst behaviors, hurting them and the country in the future."

For this thread, I'd say: The worst conservative policy is their absolute refusal to admit and accept the fact that, in any given socioeconomic system, there will be people who function better within it, and those who function worse within it. And those people are being left behind, FAR behind, with this absolutist anti-government madness that began when the Right took Reagan's "government is the problem" speech tag line as literal gospel.

The hardcore Left has wrecked our culture; the hardcore Right has wrecked our socioeconomics. A pox on both houses.

Any thoughts?

I would say their worst is viewing poverty as a moral, not economic faiking

The left often has nothing but contempt for rural white communities mired in poverty.

Nah...it's your guys who says it's your problem.
Furthermore, those who do not succeed in a free market do not function on their own in a command market, either. Effectively, they do not function on hand-outs

Funny thing about that I got mine; get your own bromide: whether a conservative gets his own, he does not prohibit others from getting theirs.

i've never met a conservative who refused to help someone in need. never.

maybe old world conservatives thought that way.....~S~
maybe they all do but since they dont go along with GIVE GIVE GIVE GIVE the left says they're heartless cause we lost all the middleground to extreme mindsets.

i know no conservative young or old who will simply never bother to help someone. but like i said, i know many who when the help backfires enough or doesn't "take root" they give up and move on. to be helped, you have to want to help yourself or you're just making people take care of you vs caring for yourself.
maybe they all do but since they dont go along with GIVE GIVE GIVE GIVE the left says they're heartless cause we lost all the middleground to extreme mindsets.

i know no conservative young or old who will simply never bother to help someone. but like i said, i know many who when the help backfires enough or doesn't "take root" they give up and move on. to be helped, you have to want to help yourself or you're just making people take care of you vs caring for yourself.
Are you Amish or just young AF or both?
Take root?..... WTF?.....in your so graciously provided righteous soil? :finger3:

My response to that thread was "The worst liberal policy is the same it's always been: Lowering standards & expectations for groups it decides are oppressed, and in turn enabling that group's worst behaviors, hurting them and the country in the future."

For this thread, I'd say: The worst conservative policy is their absolute refusal to admit and accept the fact that, in any given socioeconomic system, there will be people who function better within it, and those who function worse within it. And those people are being left behind, FAR behind, with this absolutist anti-government madness that began when the Right took Reagan's "government is the problem" speech tag line as literal gospel.

The hardcore Left has wrecked our culture; the hardcore Right has wrecked our socioeconomics. A pox on both houses.

Any thoughts?

The left often has nothing but contempt for rural white communities mired in poverty.

Furthermore, those who do not succeed in a free market do not function on their own in a command market, either. Effectively, they do not function on hand-outs

Unfortunately so. More often than not, the economic extremists are usually socially liberal which is a repulsive combination IMO

Any thoughts?

Unfortunately so. More often than not, the economic extremists are usually socially liberal which is a repulsive combination IMO

Turnip logic.

Any thoughts?

“any given socioeconomic system, there will be people who function better within it, and those who function worse within it.”

I guess this, and the fact that they don’t even talk about those who don’t make it. As far as “policy” the war on drugs. Waste of money and good men and woman’s lives.

Any thoughts?

Deficit spending in a booming economy.

How does deficit spending affect your quality of life?

Any thoughts?

Any policy that perpetuates an invasion of filthy wetbacks.

The hardcore Left wrecked our culture; the hardcore Right has wrecked our socioeconomics. A pox on both houses.

Any thoughts?
well the question then becomes if the vast majority are functioning fine within it, what are you advocating should be changed to help those who are not? i've never met a conservative who refused to help someone in need. never.

but i've met a lot of people who get tired of helping people who never seem to learn nor help themselves.
To steal a line from another poster a while back, you could consider it social insurance against electoral revolution.

These people vote, and the angrier they get, the bigger the eventual changes. So unless and until that right is taken away, this is the reality.

Is this one of those “the GOP better give wetbacks free shit or else” sort of threads?

Any thoughts?

Poverty is a moral failing for the vast majority of those who find themselves to be poor.

Any thoughts?

Their refusal to fully fund any social safety net program at levels that truly take burdens off people.

Why am I responsible for those people?

Any thoughts?

The Left has created a system of dependency for the poor and underprivileged, that stifles their ability to succeed. The Right has been a weak sister to the Lefts policies on too many occasions, today we have a government that has no real concerns for anyone but themselves. The Civil Servant has his or her hand out, the Politician has their backs turned on their constituents as they line their own pockets. I agree Social economics plays a significant role in our society, but it always has, since the beginning of recorded history. We have come to a place in time we’re most have a opportunity to achieve more than their predecessors, yet it’s still not enough, that’s the problem we really face, is when is it really enough?

Fake news and the realization that its not fake just they have to motivate you somehow

Is this one of those “the GOP better give wetbacks free shit or else” sort of threads?
Holy crap

:laugh:

item_XL_7365974_73509715.jpg

Last edited:
Some interesting answers so far, including the War On Drugs and the military industrial complex. Hadn't thought of those.

Any thoughts?

You might want to work on your reading comprehension, nobody asked about quality of life.

Any thoughts?

You might want to work on your reading comprehension, nobody asked about quality of life.
Hahaha...Of all the fucked up policies the best you could come up with was “deficit spending”?
The sane mind would believe that for a policy to be considered “destructive” it would have to impact one’s quality of life...no?
At the end of the day isn’t quality of life what really matters?

Please ask me how dirty wetbacks impact my quality of life....PLEASE ASK!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back