What is the republican solution to ending mass shootings? Why don’t they ever offer solutions?

so what WHO is 'scalia' eh ?? For a long time now and before the TRUMP the 'judges' are in disrepute eh ?? In fact one President disrespected them so much that he ignored the 'supremes' , might happen again . In response the 'supremes' did not send their Army to enforce 'THEIR' law ' Brian .

its also my thinking that the more guns there are in GOOD peoples hands then when the confrontations between good and bad happen there will be deaths . Seems to me that with more GOOD people in the USA then ALL or the majority of the BAD people will eventually be shot dead . --------------------------- sorta like a WINNOWING of the good people and the bad people eh Lesh , Wry .
Good people, bad people?
Most shooting in America are not between clearly good and bad people. They are shootings done by people that are mentally deranged, drug addicts, criminals killing criminals, and suicides.

Grenades actually fit the dangerous and unusual definition under the District of Columbia v Heller decision.....rifels, pistols and shotguns do not.

Assault weapons certainly do

And Scalia, who wrote the opinion in D.C v. Heller which states that all bearable arms are protected by the 2nd Amendment......specifically protects the AR-15 rifle in Friedman v Highland Park.....

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/15pdf/15-133_7l48.pdf

That analysis misreads Heller. The question under Heller is not whether citizens have adequate alternatives available for self-defense. Rather, Heller asks whether the law bans types of firearms commonly used for a lawful purpose—regardless of whether alternatives exist. 554 U. S., at 627–629.

And Heller draws a distinction between such firearms and weapons specially adapted to unlawful uses and not in common use, such as sawed-off shotguns. Id., at 624–625.

The City’s ban is thus highly suspect because it broadly prohibits common semiautomatic firearms used for lawful purposes.

Roughly five million Americans own AR-style semiautomatic rifles. See 784 F. 3d, at 415, n. 3. The overwhelming majority of citizens who own and use such rifles do so for lawful purposes, including self-defense and target shooting. See ibid. Under our precedents, that is all that is needed for citizens to have a right under the Second Amendment to keep such weapons. See McDonald, 561 U. S., at 767–768; Heller, supra, at 628–629.
Scalia said the second has it's limits. Why do you wish to so heavily arm killers?
Lol
This country is not armed well enough... it needs to be better armed.
Buy more guns and ammo...
Yeah we have by far the most guns in the world and our homicide rates are 4-5X higher than countries with strong gun control. What a deal.
People kill people firearms cannot...

its also my thinking that the more guns there are in GOOD peoples hands then when the confrontations between good and bad happen there will be deaths . Seems to me that with more GOOD people in the USA then ALL or the majority of the BAD people will eventually be shot dead . --------------------------- sorta like a WINNOWING of the good people and the bad people eh Lesh , Wry .
-------------------------------- Good people are the sane and normal that after time will have reduced your mentally ill , drug users , violent and other misfit population Flopper .

Last edited:
The right to the freedom of speech ends when someone yells fire in a crowded theater. The example is really an identifier of when people abuse their freedom of speech.

So I just don't understand when people like Joe Biden "yells fire in a crowded theater", when he made the comments "they want to just put you all back in chains".

That's about as dirty and low down as it gets, but somehow that piece of work gets away with it ?? Then we have Maxine Waters and others doing the same dirty low down crap, and yep getting away with it. Then people get hurt because of their bullcrap, but no one calls them out on it or better yet brings charges against them for violating their free speech rights. Not sure what the charges would be, but something needs to be done when they choose to yell fire in a crowded theater for political purposes and power.
It’s the cost of freedom. People think freedom means free!
Agree, but not free to do anything. Tell the left that today, and they go crazy.

They are busy trying to end our freedoms, but don't dare try and stop their idiocy or bullcrap, because they go insane.
Again, they think freedom means free! JFK said it best. They don’t careeeee

Are you saying that I didn't help to pay for your freedoms? Your freekin freeloaders.
I think the comment was you don’t know what freedom means! You’re trying to take them

I know what Freedom is. I gave mine up to pay for yours. Most of you are just freeloaders.

Grenades actually fit the dangerous and unusual definition under the District of Columbia v Heller decision.....rifels, pistols and shotguns do not.

And Scalia, who wrote the opinion in D.C v. Heller which states that all bearable arms are protected by the 2nd Amendment......specifically protects the AR-15 rifle in Friedman v Highland Park.....

That analysis misreads Heller. The question under Heller is not whether citizens have adequate alternatives available for self-defense. Rather, Heller asks whether the law bans types of firearms commonly used for a lawful purpose—regardless of whether alternatives exist. 554 U. S., at 627–629.

And Heller draws a distinction between such firearms and weapons specially adapted to unlawful uses and not in common use, such as sawed-off shotguns. Id., at 624–625.

The City’s ban is thus highly suspect because it broadly prohibits common semiautomatic firearms used for lawful purposes.

Roughly five million Americans own AR-style semiautomatic rifles. See 784 F. 3d, at 415, n. 3. The overwhelming majority of citizens who own and use such rifles do so for lawful purposes, including self-defense and target shooting. See ibid. Under our precedents, that is all that is needed for citizens to have a right under the Second Amendment to keep such weapons. See McDonald, 561 U. S., at 767–768; Heller, supra, at 628–629.
Scalia said the second has it's limits. Why do you wish to so heavily arm killers?

Those limits don't include the AR-15....

Lol
Yeah we have by far the most guns in the world and our homicide rates are 4-5X higher than countries with strong gun control. What a deal.

Gun control in Britain has resulted in more violence, not less....and countries with extreme gun control have more gun death than we do...just ask Mexico....

I asked you how you would prevent anyone who is not diagnosed as mentally ill or not being treated for mental illness from legally buying a gun

Then I asked you that since medical records are private and protected by a myriad of laws how would you ever know who was actually diagnosed as mentally ill?

IOW I asked you for a solution but you don't have any do you?

So you're saying that the real issue with gun violence centers around mental health...for which there is no solution (in your opinion).

Yea...no...

We have solutions. Reduce the number of guns available.Make sure all gun purchases are done with a back ground check. Eliminates sales of assault weapons and possibly semi-auto mag fed,keep people on no fly list from buying gun...

We already have background checks for buying guns in every state. You will never be able to do background checks when one gangbanger sells a gun to another gangbanger for a bag of crack, or when a grandfather gives his shotgun to his grandson.

Magazine capacity is not the problem, large capacity mags have been available for 100 years. The problem is that we live in a culture that promotes and condones violence as a solution to political and personal issues. The entire democrat party is encouraging violence against anyone who does not agree with the dem/lib mantra, the entertainment industry is full of violence. Unless we fix our culture, this will not ever stop. the UK banned guns, now they have rampant knife crime, muslims use bombs, Russians use poison. the weapon of choice is not the problem, the problem is the people.
The problem redfish, is that we have let the Demon-crats create a dangerous society all around us now, and especially for the elderly who can't keep up... Sadly they have to ride it out in the deteriorating conditions they are dealing with in the older neighborhoods.

The Demon-crats want the old neighborhoods in order to put all their test subjects in, and these are those whom they want to pay for with government money without any responsibility foisted upon them just as long as somehow they make it to vote on the day they are needed. Meanwhile the neighborhood becomes a hell hole, worthless, and traps the poor elderly who had wanted to die in the places they had built with their own two hands, and die of natural causes instead of at the hands of thugs, druggies, criminals etc.

How in the hell this nation has went down these roads over time is as disgusting as it gets. To forget about the elderly in this country, and rob them of their security is as deplorable as it gets.

Then on top of it all, they want to use current events to somehow challenge the good citizens rights to own and have their guns, even though they can never get pass the issue over the time it takes for the police to arrive in order to save lives.

Last edited:

Lol

Gun control in Britain has resulted in more violence, not less....and countries with extreme gun control have more gun death than we do...just ask Mexico....
Yep, the federallies became vulnerable and fearful in that country it got so bad.

46699448_582102858926376_763341144493916160_n.png
Christmas special... I am getting two dozen of these in on Monday.
40% off

Very fine...

Gun control in Britain has resulted in more violence, not less....and countries with extreme gun control have more gun death than we do

Only because the calculation has changed in the last couple years.

and still with that the murder rate has dropped.

Oh and according to you...England has "extreme gun control". Care to compare their gun death rate to ours? Hint...don't...you'll look more stupid than usual

46699448_582102858926376_763341144493916160_n.png
Christmas special... I am getting two dozen of these in on Monday.
40% off

Very fine...
Already got one of those, and also got the hammerless 38 for the wife. Gonna get the double barrel for the defense of my home next. Just grab it out of the safe, and out into the darkness I go if someone is messing around where they shouldn't be. Ohh, and it will be filled with Rock salt shells. Ouch!

To much stealing has gone on lately, and I'm tired of my crap getting stolen. Done went and got all my tresspass warning signs up, and I'm putting a new dog in the yard.

We already have background checks for buying guns in every state. You will never be able to do background checks when one gangbanger sells a gun to another gangbanger for a bag of crack, or when a grandfather gives his shotgun to his grandson.

Many years ago my Ol' Man passed away leaving me a half dozen or so of what they used to call Saturday Night Specials. I still have them but I haven't committed any murders...yet!

Those limits don't include the AR-15....

Under what rock have you been living under.

FAKE NEWS!!!!
IDJIT ALERT!!!!

Okay, so any level gun control is bad which is of course retarded on its own, but the right can’t even think of any alternatives to curbing gun violence. Saying “no” to everything accomplishes absolutely nothing. It’s astounding we are still at square one.
Republicans didn't start the fire, Billy. Cain slew Abel over a piece of meat. And he didn't use a gun, but it is the most famous murder of all times and ages.

Okay, so any level gun control is bad which is of course retarded on its own, but the right can’t even think of any alternatives to curbing gun violence. Saying “no” to everything accomplishes absolutely nothing. It’s astounding we are still at square one.
Republicans didn't start the fire, Billy. Cain slew Abel over a piece of meat. And he didn't use a gun, but it is the most famous murder of all times and ages.
Billy wants us defenseless against Cain. Just be murdered and accept it I guess right ? NOT !!!!!!!! I'm sure not all Nazi's just got away with killing the Jews. Some Jews fought back when they could I would hope.

The Jews sure aren't the meek and defenseless people they were back then.

Warsaw Ghetto uprising was too little too late but yeah , some JEW's fought the 'nazi' . --- The Jews who fought back: the story of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising --- this is the most publicized uprising I think and easy to find info and shows what can happen in any Country . Course I suppose that the Polish and German JEW's said , hey , there is no reason for our Countries to exterminate US . Anyway , good movie on the Warsaw Ghetto , think its called the ' PIANIST ' .

Forum List

Back